RayWilliamJohnson has been banned.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
I used to do a google search whenever I came across a topic about something unknown to me, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Master Steeds said:
it appears he has been banned, i clicked on his channel and it confirms it, see for yourself:

www.youtube.com/RayWilliamJohnson

i for one am quite surprised, i actually like his videos (Flame Shield Up) although i am pretty sure he will be back soon

what are your thoughts?

EDIT: if you don't know who he is, he was a youtuber with the most subscribers (i have 2 million and 4 million in my head, not sure which number), he made videos about viral videos and commented on them making jokes etc.

EDIT 2: lots of people seem to have a lot of hatred for a man that just makes youtube videos, why are people glad a person lost their job?

EDIT 3: It seems his channel is back up and running, that didn't take long eh?
He "lost his job?" What company bankrolled this guy? He made videos about other videos and said things that he thought were funny. Not exactly Mystery Science Theater 3000.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Master Steeds said:
Lots of people seem to have a lot of hatred for a man that just makes youtube videos, why are people glad a person lost their job?
Same reason we'd all be happy if Michael Bay got fired from making movies, yeah so a guy lost his job, but it's a douchebag that makes videos for the enjoyment of other douchebags. Simple as that. (to us, of course this [and transformers] will have different outlooks and opinions)

Master Steeds said:
It seems his channel is back up and running, that didn't take long eh?
Dangit... way to get my hopes up... for a second or two I thought it would be safe to go to school with a minor cough and NOT hear "Squaids" jokes directed at me and my girlfriend every time my recola wears off...

EDIT: He's also a massive pussy, or need I remind everyone that the person who makes rude, crude, homophobic humor heavy videos... banned commenting on all his music videos the moment people told him that he started to suck?
and the second the dislike bar started to grow on one of his more laze music videos, he blocked thumbs upping/thumbs downing

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Boy, stuff like this really brings out the vindictive side of The Escapist. Putting quotation marks around the word job? Really? Because doing something like whatever it is he does is less of a "job" than reviewing a video game? Or, in an actual comparison, would you say Daniel Tosh's show isn't a "real job" because that's all he does? For crying out loud . . .
EDIT: Of course no one will read this except maybe the guy I quoted, but even if the guy isn't being paid for his videos on Youtube, why even mention the word job then? Because the OP did? If he did it as a hobby that's even less reason to get so worked up over him being around/banned. If he's not getting paid for it, then who the hell cares?

Neko Pounce said:
HE WAS BANNED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

He just got back online now, it must have been a issue at there end

The OP isn't lieing or stupid. It just changed. Is that clear to everyone? Gah...
You're basically yelling at a brick wall with this post. Any thread that has more than three, sometimes even two, pages won't be read. Sometimes posters don't even read the OP, they just read the title and barge in with militant, vindictive ideas (like this thread).

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
funguy2121 said:
Master Steeds said:
it appears he has been banned, i clicked on his channel and it confirms it, see for yourself:

www.youtube.com/RayWilliamJohnson

i for one am quite surprised, i actually like his videos (Flame Shield Up) although i am pretty sure he will be back soon

what are your thoughts?

EDIT: if you don't know who he is, he was a youtuber with the most subscribers (i have 2 million and 4 million in my head, not sure which number), he made videos about viral videos and commented on them making jokes etc.

EDIT 2: lots of people seem to have a lot of hatred for a man that just makes youtube videos, why are people glad a person lost their job?

EDIT 3: It seems his channel is back up and running, that didn't take long eh?
He "lost his job?" What company bankrolled this guy? He made videos about other videos and said things that he thought were funny. Not exactly Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Well, he is a YouTube partner.

More views, more money. A lot of money.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I dislike that he became popular from the success/failure of others.

I'd rather someone that said "here's some hilarious videos!" rather than including stupid attempts at humor alongside them, sometimes essentially ruining the videos he's quoting. Same with Tosh.0.

So, if he was banned, it would get a resounding "meh" from me. I don't hate the guy, just his success.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Eh, he was alright I s'pose, gave me something to watch. Although I will say Michael Swaim did that schtick better with Cracked TV.

I'm guessing some sort of copyright infringement on some videos he used. Same thing nearly happened with Tobuscus and his Cute Win Fail series.

I don't know how he could be "commercially deceptive" though. His stuffs pretty straight forward.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I can still watch some of his videos, sadly.
Did they unban him or something?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I personally disliked his videos, seeing as he essentially took other peoples content and put it on his own channel, accompanied by jump-cuts that were apparently supposed to be funny. Alright, now that I've expressed my opinnion in a generally mature and agreeable way:
*performs giddy tapdance*
HEE-HEE-HEE! HE'S GONE! HE'S FINALLY GONE!
*runs into streets proclaiming the good news*

Blackadder18

Jun 16, 2011
I use to watch his videos all the time. But progressively he seems to have been getting worse and worse. Lately he seems to always make a joke and then have the 'audience' boo. I suppose this is meant to be funny but all it does it draw attention to the joke and kills any humour it may have had. Lately Gabriel Iglesias has made a few appearances guest hosting and I've found his episodes far funnier, Ray's probably caught onto this which is why Gabriel has hosted 3 episodes in the past couple of months. I still don't get why there is such a big team on this either, this could all be done by one person easily.

I don't hate him, but if his channel were to disappear forever I wouldn't miss him all that much.

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
Substitute Troll said:
I used to do a google search whenever I came across a topic about something unknown to me, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
lol Could this be the birth of a new meme?

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
RagTagBand said:
A not a single fuck was given this day.
This.

He is boring and unorginal, also he is sadly not banned.

But I guess I should clarify since I can easily ignore him I wish him no ill will so whateves. I wonder why he got banned in the first place.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
How the hell did I post the wrong reply in the wrong forum? that's waht I get for being drunk & having multiple threads open at once.

I don't like Ray at all, I think he's a fame-*****. Someone who revels in it at anyone expense.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Well just watched him for the first and last time. So annoying. Sounds like one of those annoying radio show hosts who uses way too many sound effects and rambles on and on about shit like he's funny when he's really not. I have no idea why this guy is so popular.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
for anyone wondering why some people have a good amount of hate for this guy: he uses other peoples videos to make money.

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
I can see and watch his videos perfectly probably glitch with the new youtube layout