Reach Has Toughest Halo Enemies Ever

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Tharwen said:
HG131 said:
Tharwen said:
Yay! :D

Oh wait... Microsoft are being dicks about which customers they sell their games to. Silly me.
Huh? That makes no sense.
They only sell their games on the 360. For that they have my mild contempt.
Oh dude, on thinking about it, I think it's not on the PC more because of Bungie. They don't have the time or the manpower to convert it all to the PC, sadly. Halo 1 and 2 on the PC we're "converted" by different developers.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
Dyp100 said:
I think it'll really make more of a difference in Leg and Heroic, sure you'll be able to breeze through on normal.
I'm under the impression that they are going to scrap all the difficulty modes and just have 1 set difficulty, which is this feature.

Maybe I misinterpreted the OP.

ultrachicken said:
There's such thing as easy mode
See above. I got from the OP that all the past difficultys would be scraped.

Angry Caterpillar said:
See above.
The way Halo 3 worked was the enemies stayed the same whether or not you did it co-op. I think they meant that the AI will improve as you add more people, but their health and damage will be relative to the difficulty you set it to.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Tharwen said:
But Microsoft makes money from the Operating system, and the game would be limited to Windows anyway.
The other PC ports had lots of problems. No sense in making something that's sub par

ProfessorLayton said:
Didn't they say the same exact thing about ODST? Just saying...
That's because they were. They also said that the graphics in Halo 3 would be better than 2, and for 2 they promised they'd be better than 1. I don't see your point.

That they're promising to make the game harder and better than before? No duh

DeathSnipa1992 said:
it still is an expansion, that's why the bos says:Halo 3 ODST not just Halo ODST
It was mostly bumped up because Microsoft want to do it. Still, its not like there haven't been shorter full price games. Even Triple A titles.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
HG131 said:
Irridium said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

If its actually true, then SCORE!
Trust me, they aren't lying. That's one of those things Bungie never actually does.
...Riiiight. Bungie never lies. Halo ODST will be our final Halo project!

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Skeleton Jelly said:
HG131 said:
Irridium said:

Trust me, they aren't lying. That's one of those things Bungie never actually does.
Brian Jarrard shared with IGN the fact that the studio might continue its work on other projects.

"These days, we've got a smaller team that's focused on finishing the ODST campaign and all that it entails while the rest of the studio continues making progress on other, larger, secret projects"
Blame bad journalism, and making mountain out of molehills.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Isn't that how it should always be?

I'd imagine that if you're playing any co-op game, especially 4 player ones, if enemy #'s and difficulty don't increase with the increase of players than it would get boring very quickly, and someone's doing something wrong.

A recent example, I was playing the recent Red Dead Redemption Co-op missions. I was playing 4 players on "The Escape" I think, and we were all riding in a carriage. Only 2 enemies chased us at a time.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGG!!!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Could be interesting, but depends on if the enemies actually get smarter or just take more bullets to kill.

On an unrelated note, does anybody else get the feeling the big dude on the left will be voiced by a black guy? Not being racist, but most games have the "big guy with the gun" is most often black.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
So does this mean that the intel will be better, or will it be like every single other one where "Legendary" means Assault Rifles = Nerf Guns?

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
Didn't they say the same exact thing about ODST? Just saying...
No, In ODST they said that the enemy difficulty did not stack with more players. So if you had more players, the game was easier.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
HG131 said:
Skeleton Jelly said:
HG131 said:
Irridium said:

Ok, what I meant was about features. Even I make the joke about the fact that Halo 3 was in development before Halo 2 shipped yet they claimed it wasn't, and that Halo 3 was their last Halo game.
I thought they said that halo three would be the last in that particular trilogy. This has all been twisted by bad press.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Skeleton Jelly said:
HG131 said:
Irridium said:

They never said ODST was the last halo project. They've been working on Reach AND ODST since 2007.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
HG131 said:
dogstile said:
HG131 said:
Skeleton Jelly said:
HG131 said:
Irridium said:

Ok, what I meant was about features. Even I make the joke about the fact that Halo 3 was in development before Halo 2 shipped yet they claimed it wasn't, and that Halo 3 was their last Halo game.
I thought they said that halo three would be the last in that particular trilogy. This has all been twisted by bad press.
As well as their last Halo game.
Got a link to that?