Reach Has Toughest Halo Enemies Ever

Dr Megadeth

May 23, 2010
A.I. What bungie (slightly) revolutionised in 2001. The beta gave us a taste of what Bungie are re-inventing in their traditional multiplayer, which has to be on par with the standard . Same with Firefight with improving on the ODST formula.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Don't all games use that bullet point?

"Dynamically changing AI that gets smarter as you play!"

It's all bullshit, they will be the same absolutely moronic AI fucktards they've always been, they'll just soak up a few more bullets before dying.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
What's more interesting in that article is the fact that the space combat mission we were shown demoed at E3 is the only one in the campaign and there is no space combat in multiplayer; pretty disappointing if you ask me, maybe Bungie will release a game mode in DLC for space combat.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I hope not... The only redeeming thing about playing online with friends was that it make Legendary a bit more doable.
Legendary by myself was stupid, one needle shot and MC was dead. ...

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Sounds good to me. I can't wait for this game!

However, I will cry if I don't see the Flood.

Don't worry, I have tissues handy.
Seeing as how Halo 1 was the first time Humans encountered The Flood, and this takes place before 1, I would bet they aren't in it. In fact, I'm pretty sure they flat out said "No Flood", which works for me as I always hated those levels.

OT: Awesome. I want this game slightly more now, which really is saying something.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Do they mean "better AI" actually harder or "jacked up healthbar and can headshot you from across the map" what I like to call Farcry 2 harder?

Jdopus

Jun 13, 2008
VanityGirl said:
I hope not... The only redeeming thing about playing online with friends was that it make Legendary a bit more doable.
Legendary by myself was stupid, one needle shot and MC was dead. ...
Someone needs to get better friends ;)

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
Grey_Focks said:
Sober Thal said:
Sounds good to me. I can't wait for this game!

However, I will cry if I don't see the Flood.

Don't worry, I have tissues handy.
Seeing as how Halo 1 was the first time Humans encountered The Flood, and this takes place before 1, I would bet they aren't in it. In fact, I'm pretty sure they flat out said "No Flood", which works for me as I always hated those levels.

OT: Awesome. I want this game slightly more now, which really is saying something.
i dont know how true this is. but i have been told by a friend who is a reach fanatic that there will be a fire-fight mode and you can choose the enemy and what traits they have and the flood is one of the options

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Yeah, Borderlands did it first.

But still, I'm pumped for this game and I don't even have an Xbox.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
It would be cool if you could invite like 9 other friends instead of just 4 and each enemy needed the combined power of 3 spartans to be taken down.

destiaer

Jun 26, 2010
This might make me enjoy Halo again...ODST was a big dissapointment, but if what they're saying is true, I have a new reason to enjoy the latest and final(?) game in the series. :D

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
How interesting, Halo:Reach is released on my brothers birthday, now I know what to get him...

OT: It piques my interest as well, its about time they released Campaign Co-Op

Kroker

May 29, 2008
DeathSnipa1992 said:
ok so gears of war should be called unreal of war
You do realise how many games use the Unreal Engine right?

On topic, this should make for a welcome change from the usual cooperative domination.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Marik2 said:
Cant wait to play this game on legendary with my friends :)
Ooooooh that's going to be impossible! They'd probably have sniper teams trained on you from the get go and call in Hunters to drop in 4 feet in front of you. THEN all the elites are going to take cheap shots behind every scrap of cover.

So yeah, I got to get this game now and try it on legendary.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Kuchinawa212 said:
Marik2 said:
Ooooooh that's going to be impossible! They'd probably have sniper teams trained on you from the get go and call in Hunters to drop in 4 feet in front of you. THEN all the elites are going to take cheap shots behind every scrap of cover.

I say....

[HEADING=1] BRING IT ON *****; BRING IT!!! [/HEADING]

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Marik2 said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
Marik2 said:

I say....

[HEADING=1] BRING IT ON *****; BRING IT!!! [/HEADING]
Yep...that'll work

*hides*

Death916

Apr 21, 2008
Kroker said:
DeathSnipa1992 said:

On topic, this should make for a welcome change from the usual cooperative domination.
ya i do, that wasnt the point tho

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Nice to see them taking a page from Gearbox and Borderlands. I'm still looking forward to reach actually and I'm hoping it will end the Halo series with a bang.

Kroker

May 29, 2008
DeathSnipa1992 said:
Kroker said:
DeathSnipa1992 said:

ya i do, that wasnt the point tho
Yeah, the Halo engine is much less frequently used, in fact the only game outside of the franchise that I know uses the engine is Stubbs the Zombie, but that was back in the days of Halo: Combat Evolved. Good times...