Reading on the toilet

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
Uncle John's Bathroom reader, bitches. That stuff'll keep you on the can for upside an hour sometimes. Love that shit.
I keep a Bathroom Reader and a Gameboy with the original Tetris in the bathroom for long visits.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
DS or just reading. I actually have a book made just for that the big bathroom reader or something it's a pretty good read really I recommend it.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
I love how there's actually a thread strait up about reading on the toilet.

And to answer the question sure, but not for too long otherwise numbness starts to set in and your legs fall asleep, and then if you try to get up too fast you end up falling over and have to call for help and explain to someone why you're sprawled across the bathroom floor with your underwear around your ankles and there's a book in the bathtub and...well...that's just embarrassing.

Not that that's ever happened to me before. *ahem*

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
sir.rutthed said:
Uncle John's Bathroom reader, bitches. That stuff'll keep you on the can for upside an hour sometimes. Love that shit.
quite the good read really I really need to buy the rest of em.

Nuclear_Suspect

Jun 1, 2010
Yes indeedy, gots me a small library out there of comics and books (Just finished reading all 4 Shogun books)

Reading, smoking, playing handheld or just ponderring all the silly questions, the porcelain throne is great for them all!

DoubleTime

Apr 23, 2010
Read or play games on my phone or iPod. Given my intestinal issues I don't really have much of a say in how long I take, so the least I can do is keep myself occupied. :/

weatherfn

Oct 22, 2008
Ensiferum said:
And to answer the question sure, but not for too long otherwise numbness starts to set in and your legs fall asleep
Ha, very true. I've never had to call anyone to aid me, but I have fallen backwards onto the toilet. It makes a very loud bang; always interesting to explain to the folks why I'm making banging sounds in the bathroom.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Yeah, I do if I have a new book that I can't put down. And sometimes if I have a new game or gun magazine.

yman15

Jul 11, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
Fusioncode9 said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Do you read on the toilet? Me, I always take a book and ipod with me. Sometimes my DS if there's nothing to read.. Though I do spend about 40 mins on there though..
How the hell do you spend 40 minutes on the toilet. I spend around 5 minutes. And I never read on the can.
Let's see

about 5 minutes of sitting there idling
10-15 minutes of puhing
5 Minutes of more idling
5-10 More mintues of pushing
10-15 Minutes of wiping
I really did not need to know about that but since I already know how the hell does it take 15 minutes to wipe? Really what have you've been eating?!?
OT: I usually don't have time to read because I like to focus on the task at hand if you know what I mean.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
yeah i have a WH40K omnibus sitting on the back of my toilet... I don't spend 40 mins but usually read a few pages here or there. 20 mins at most.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
sir.rutthed said:
I was just about to mention that. My sister and I both keep that in our retrospective bathrooms to read.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Reading on the toilet? Not this guy. I have moved up in the world. I now browse with my smart phone.

HURGHHHH... *plop plop*

Sleeping Giant

Sep 27, 2011
I actually just bring my laptop in there with me. My bathtub/shower is like, two feet away from my toilet so I just set it on the edge and browse the web for five minutes.

Mrrrgggrlllrrrg

Jun 21, 2010
gabe12301 said:
I go the bathroom with a copy of Nintendo power but I actually read escapist articles on my tablet.
Think that over.
We're rooting for ya.

OT: I like my bathroom, sometimes it's nice to sit in there away from everyone so I read or play with my ds.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
I bring an iPod or a book. I love reading on the can, although I do spend a lot more time than I need to.

Browncoat86

Mar 27, 2008
Yes I do. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember, when I was a kid I did it because I enjoy(ed) reading so much, it actually got to the point where I was spending an hour to an hour and a half in the bathroom because I would simply fail to notice that I had finished my business, my parents actually took me to a doctor because they thought something was wrong with me,(they refused to believe it was because of reading). I do it now because I've noticed that when I'm reading or mobile gaming I strain less, and less strain can only be a good thing.