Real-Life Heroes In A Half Shell, With Turtle Power

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Real-Life Heroes In A Half Shell, With Turtle Power

This live-action intro to the classic cartoon brings a new meaning to "these turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack."

A group of guys produced a charmingly low-budget recreation of the introduction to the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. The YouTube listing states that the video was made in a week, which looks about right. Best of all, the video is place side-by-side with the original intro, making comparison simple.

Highlights of the remake include a creative re-imagining of the exploding manhole cover, a less-than-accurate April O'Neal, and our heroes in a half-shell piling out of a shoddily reworked van.

The original cartoon series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ran from 1987 to 1996, and this tribute was posted to YouTube yesterday. The creators claim it was produced for a talent show, and man, do I hope they won.

Source: Blastr [http://www.thehighdefinite.com/2010/12/live-action-tmnt-intro/]

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Pretty funny, though aren't they a bit young to be into that version of TMNT?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
And I'd still take their remake of TMNT over whatever Uwe Bolle's got in the pipe.
Uwe Boll isn't doing TMNT (thank God), he's doing Blubberella, a fat girl who kills Nazis in WWII.

...Yep, I'd also take this remake.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
DSK- said:
I miss that cartoon, I used to watch it all the time.
hell yeah

TMNT still rules to this day.
Donatello was bad ass. Also Bebop and Rocksteady were funny. I can't believe I still remember their names :/

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
It was funny, that part with the huge robot where in the real version is just some plastic thing where they trow rocks at.

Also the colored paper shaking to copy the background lol

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
*snort*

That was so bad. Definitely posting it to my Facebook profile tomorrow.