Real Life Ninja Turtle Pizzas Are Kinda Disgusting

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
I am disgusted, but at the same time strangely enthralled. I feel I cannot truly be disgusted until I have tasted the ungodly chocolate fudge-sardine-chili pepper with whipped cream monstrosity. Now all I need are friends willing to take on this challenge with me.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
That's awesome. I have a feeling I would like the fudge pizzas.

Who doesn't love fudge?

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
I always thought that it was funny that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ate pizza toppings more in keeping with pregnant women in movies and TV shows.

Was the show comparing pregnant women to mutant monster men or was there something they weren't telling us about the 'brothers'?

Whatever the case, these delicacies were clearly not meant to be consumed by mere puny humans.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
oh, I love James Rolfe. One of the few people on the internet that I would actually like to meet.

metacree

Aug 3, 2009
Wow, this really takes me back.

I used to immerse myself in all things turtles back in the late 80's/early 90's,
so of course I would insist on having peanut-butter and marshmallows on my Totino's pizzas.

Also, I had dreams of moving to New York to live with those radical dudes.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
tea and toast pizza would be like a margarita style only tea leaves instead of oregano and baked in a toaster oven on white bread.

Hey, makes sense to me! I would have loved to have attended that party e.e

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ya know, growing up and watching that show I've always wanted to know if any of those pizzas were any good. After watching that video I'm glad I never bothered to try.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I was kind of disappointed with the AVGN on this one, considering he's invested over a month into the whole TMNT thing, this seemed kind of last minute slap together. I mean you get a bunch of cheese and pepperoni pizzas and throw toppings 'X' and 'Y' on them doesn't make it an 'X&Y' Pizza, at least in my book.
I mean if you ordered a mushroom pizza and the delivery guy comes to your door with a cheese pizza and a handful of mushrooms and told you to just toss em' on, you probably wouldn't accept it as a mushroom pizza.
Also, I've seen places in Poland sell fudge/chocolate pizza, which makes me think that it is all about how you cook the toppings and not just lop them on.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I'm sorry, in what universe does that red stuff qualify as liquorice? I know us swedes are the only one who likes the real stuff but you'll never convince me that raspberry candy is liquorice.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Rednog said:
I was kind of disappointed with the AVGN on this one, considering he's invested over a month into the whole TMNT thing, this seemed kind of last minute slap together. I mean you get a bunch of cheese and pepperoni pizzas and throw toppings 'X' and 'Y' on them doesn't make it an 'X&Y' Pizza, at least in my book.
I mean if you ordered a mushroom pizza and the delivery guy comes to your door with a cheese pizza and a handful of mushrooms and told you to just toss em' on, you probably wouldn't accept it as a mushroom pizza.
Also, I've seen places in Poland sell fudge/chocolate pizza, which makes me think that it is all about how you cook the toppings and not just lop them on.
Maybe, but you're (probably) not going to find anywhere in the U.S who will put candy and health foods on a pizza. I mean what else could they have possibly done for this one, ask the pizza parlor to use peanut butter instead of tomato sauce?

Varya said:
I'm sorry, in what universe does that red stuff qualify as liquorice? I know us swedes are the only one who likes the real stuff but you'll never convince me that raspberry candy is liquorice.
I have no idea what Swedish liquorice is like, but I can tell you right now that the Twizzler crap is disgusting, at least for me. Everyone else seems to like it for some reason.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
PhunkyPhazon said:
Rednog said:
Maybe, but you're (probably) not going to find anywhere in the U.S who will put candy and health foods on a pizza. I mean what else could they have possibly done for this one, ask the pizza parlor to use peanut butter instead of tomato sauce?

Varya said:
I have no idea what Swedish liquorice is like, but I can tell you right now that the Twizzler crap is disgusting, at least for me. Everyone else seems to like it for some reason.
I dunno, but it honestly wouldn't hurt to ask around, I'm sure if you were willing to pay for the pizzas some place would probably take you up, I'm sure if the AVGN gave them a little promotion or something a local place would do it. Or hell if you can't get any place to do it, at least buy some premade dough and build the pizza, it can't be that much more expensive to do it yourself. I'm just a bit sour on the whole concept of just throwing on toppings, even ones that are actually included in normal pizzas like anchovies, getting an anchovie pizza for anchovie + another topping is at least a better step in the right direction. I'd probably hit up a place like Sarpino's in the states, they do tons of different toppings and sauces.