Real Life Ninja Turtle Pizzas Are Kinda Disgusting

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:
Have you guys tried peperoni and banana pizza? It's actually really good.
Yeah, tried that many years ago; it was the one pie from the show that sounded remotely edible to me, and lo and behold, it was! Quite tasty, actually.
... I think I'll have it again this week. :)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
TMNT frozen pizza's were sold in the UK for a while in the late 80's if I remember corectly Donatello's was Pork and Apple sauce and Michelangelo's was chocolate spread and marshmallow... now that's some good eating!

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Edit: As for the video, the next time I get some pepperoni pizza I will see about putting some marshmallows on it.

Varya said:
I'm sorry, in what universe does that red stuff qualify as liquorice? I know us swedes are the only one who likes the real stuff but you'll never convince me that raspberry candy is liquorice.
I'm guessing you are referring to Twizzlers, because that is what they put on the pizza. But it isn't raspberry, it is strawberry. I know a long time ago, the company that makes Twizzlers branched out with other flavors, but the main flavor has been strawberry.

What they dropped the ball on with this is that liquorice isn't the make or look of the candy, but the flavor. The interesting thing is that I happen to have a giant bag of Twizzlers that I have been eating while watching the video. I looked at the packaging and nowhere on the Twizzlers bag does it say or call it liquorice. That is obviously because liquorice is the name of the original flavor of candy that looks like Twizzlers do now. Because of that, I guess it has gotten twisted into any candy that looks like liquorice is called liquorice.

If you come to America and ask for someone to buy you liquorice, ask for black liquorice, because I believe that is what you consider the real stuff in Sweden.

PhunkyPhazon said:
I have no idea what Swedish liquorice is like, but I can tell you right now that the Twizzler crap is disgusting, at least for me. Everyone else seems to like it for some reason.
Have you ever had black liquorice? That is most likely what "Swedish liquorice" is like. As I point out above, liquorice is the flavor not the actually name of the candy, Twizzlers does not call theirs liquorice, unless you buy the black Twizzlers.

Twizzlers are fine I guess if the person likes strawberry candy flavoring.

Plus, if you ever get to watch any kind of TV program that the setting is the 1940's or farther back in history, when a kid goes to the store and asks for liquorice, it is black. The whole strawberry thing that Twizzlers does, compared to history, is a fairly new thing.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
Edit: As for the video, the next time I get some pepperoni pizza I will see about putting some marshmallows on it.

Varya said:
I'm sorry, in what universe does that red stuff qualify as liquorice? I know us swedes are the only one who likes the real stuff but you'll never convince me that raspberry candy is liquorice.
I'm guessing you are referring to Twizzlers, because that is what they put on the pizza. But it isn't raspberry, it is strawberry. I know a long time ago, the company that makes Twizzlers branched out with other flavors, but the main flavor has been strawberry.

What they dropped the ball on with this is that liquorice isn't the make or look of the candy, but the flavor. The interesting thing is that I happen to have a giant bag of Twizzlers that I have been eating while watching the video. I looked at the packaging and nowhere on the Twizzlers bag does it say or call it liquorice. That is obviously because liquorice is the name of the original flavor of candy that looks like Twizzlers do now. Because of that, I guess it has gotten twisted into any candy that looks like liquorice is called liquorice.

If you come to America and ask for someone to buy you liquorice, ask for black liquorice, because I believe that is what you consider the real stuff in Sweden.

PhunkyPhazon said:
I have no idea what Swedish liquorice is like, but I can tell you right now that the Twizzler crap is disgusting, at least for me. Everyone else seems to like it for some reason.
Have you ever had black liquorice? That is most likely what "Swedish liquorice" is like. As I point out above, liquorice is the flavor not the actually name of the candy, Twizzlers does not call theirs liquorice, unless you buy the black Twizzlers.

Plus, if you ever get to watch any kind of TV program that the setting is the 1940's or farther back in history, when a kid goes to the store and asks for liquorice, it is black. The whole strawberry thing that Twizzlers does, compared to history, is a fairly new thing.
I believe I've tasted the "Twizzler" kind, and while I like it, it's liquorice in name only. Yes, our liquorice is black, but from my experience, what you call "black liquorice" is not what we refer to when we say liquorice.
This is, at least in England, what they call liquorice:

and this is what i call liquorice:

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Varya said:
Sonic Doctor said:
I believe I've tasted the "Twizzler" kind, and while I like it, it's liquorice in name only. Yes, our liquorice is black, but from my experience, what you call "black liquorice" is not what we refer to when we say liquorice.
This is, at least in England, what they call liquorice:
and this is what i call liquorice:
Now I see where you are coming from. I actually remember seeing the kind from England all the time, I believe around Christmas time, but as of late I haven't seen it in several years. Though, it has been a long time since I actually delved into the giant candy aisles in the stores in my area, so I guess I wouldn't really know if it isn't sold or not anymore.

I usually stick to the end of the aisle or sales stands if I get candy, because of the quantity deals. It is all "America familiar" candy that is used in such deals. The Twizzlers I mentioned eating earlier. They were 3 giant packages for 5 dollars US. Those 3 packages together make 3.3LBs of candy.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
I'm amazed so many people seem somewhat offended by the fact that they ordered a bunch of Pizza's and slapped stuff on them.

They did this for fun, not some super serious science experiment (Although that'd be interesting too).

Anyways i'm jealous as they probably had a great evening full of laughs.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
i kid you not I saw this yesterday on Cinemassacre.
I know I ate odd things as a kid but I even knew that those pizza toppings were just gross.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
PhunkyPhazon said:

I hate black liquorice even more then the strawberry kind, it tastes like asphalt. And anyways, everyone around here has always referred to Twizzlers as liquorice, so that's what I see it as.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I love James' stuff. Never really see him mentioned around here though. Anyway, I feel bad for Michelangelo. I mean... turtles have different pallets you know XP