Real Life Superhero Phoenix Jones Credited With Stopping an Attempted Murder

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Real Life Superhero Phoenix Jones Credited With Stopping an Attempted Murder

Real life "superhero" saved a man's life.

Every fictional superhero started somewhere. Be it a tragic family massacre or forced mutation through government experimentation, there is an origin story for every crusader, regardless of their mask-wearing status. These heroes are seen as the merging of good and bad. Vigilantes, doing noble work through (usually) illegal means.

These vigilantes don't only live on our screens or in our comics, however. There have been several instances of real life people taking the law into their own hands - one of the most notable being Seattle's Phoenix Jones [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/phoenix%20jones?from_search=1&&os=phoenix+jones], who just this week is credited with helping to stop an attempted murder.

According to the local police blotter [http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2015/09/21/cops-arrest-three-seize-gun-for-capitol-hill-fight/], police responded to reports of an assault at 2am Sunday in Seattle, where they found a bloody man on the ground. Three suspects attempted to flee the scene, but were apprehended by police. The victim was unwilling to provide information regarding the attack, but Jones informed them that he had seen the suspects "pistol-whip and kick" the victim after knocking him to the ground.

Jones later recalled the story for saying [http://kiroradio.com/category/jason_rantz/] that he came upon the incident while patrolling Capitol Hill in plain clothes. After alerting police, Jones says that he ran into the man with the weapon, knocking the gun away.

"I sprinted out as fast as I could and hit him with a right hand," he said. "The gun popped out, only the scary part was he didn't get knocked out." The other two men attempted to get the gun and Jones fled for safety. The police arrived shortly after, with Jones saying he managed to corner one of the three suspects until the police arrived.

The Seattle Police Department credited Jones with the assist, to which he replied on Instagram [https://instagram.com/p/759ASpoFJ-/]:

"Thank you @seattlepd but the real story here is how fast and great the officers I worked with this weekend were. as crazy as it sounds once the arrest was made people were recording the cops and harassing them about bother black people. People really need to open there eyes and judge cops on a play by play scenario not based on bias cop media. #truthhurts"

According to the blotter, the victim was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Two of the suspects were booked for assault, with one - a convicted felon - booked for assault and unlawful possession of a firearm.

Phoenix Jones has previously Mutual Combat [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106675-Real-Life-Superhero-Thwarts-Robbery-Gains-TV-Fame]" situation.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
It begins, I'm calling it now. Over the next few years more of these type of heroes are going to start showing up, saving people and fighting crime until it eventually culminates in an alien invasion of a major city in 2019-2020ish, and the revelation of a government agency which is responsible for dealing with these type of problems will come to light.

It was all prophesied, the legend is about to come true!

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
I love this guy. Been following him (not literally) for a while and everything I see him do is just awesome.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
okay so superhero are going to be a thing now? are they going to be a bunch of fascist, a bunch of jackasses murdering them, and lots of dead people because with the 50 Million superhero deconstructions I know the second someone decides to be a hero it means there monster and it's going to end with a space squid

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I wonder if he will admit responsibility to the mysteriously murdered pimps that keep popping up. All that missing cash too.
Ahah, there is still chance to turn him to the dark side. But first, we must break him...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
He seems pretty awesome, except for one thing:

Have you learned nothing of the horrendously impractical Keaton-cowl, Phoenix? Have you?! The man couldn't even look up or sideways properly!

Also, that "Mutual Combat" law seems like the best thing I've seen all day. You can't 100% stop people from fighting, so why not regulate it?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You're a good man, Jones. Keep it up.

I love this guy. I haven't exactly been following him in the news, but when I see 'im around, I can't help but smile.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Hah, this is great. I love it whenever he pops up in the news.

I'm not sure why he wears that outfit, though. Have you seen this guy? He's scarier without it.
Look at that ************!

I don't, I guess body armor or something.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Good job and all that but is it wrong that I'm waiting on the costumed super villains to appear?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Zontar said:
It begins, I'm calling it now. Over the next few years more of these type of heroes are going to start showing up, saving people and fighting crime until it eventually culminates in an alien invasion of a major city in 2019-2020ish, and the revelation of a government agency which is responsible for dealing with these type of problems will come to light.

I need to tell as many people as possible what my last name is, it will increase my chances of survival if people know I have a last name.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
008Zulu said:
I need to tell as many people as possible what my last name is, it will increase my chances of survival if people know I have a last name.
Not if you don't have powers. If you don't have powers you'll likely be turned into a villain in hiding or killed off for dramatic purposes. Best to not let people realize you exist at all, that's what I'm planning to do. When was the last superpower related disaster in rural Quebec? Never, that's when!

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
karloss01 said:
Good job and all that but is it wrong that I'm waiting on the costumed super villains to appear?
Apparently the watch dogs for people like this (vigilantes making sure these vigilantes don't cross any lines) are jokingly refereed to by both themselves and the 'heroes' as super villains.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
He's not a superhero; he's a masked vigilante - like in "Watchmen". It's time for Phoenix Jones to be executed, I guess.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Zontar said:
Not if you don't have powers. If you don't have powers you'll likely be turned into a villain in hiding or killed off for dramatic purposes.
On the other side of that coin, if I am action adjacent, I may come in contact with alien goo that will give me super powers.

It's not a 50/50 chance, but in the face of certain death, I will take the possibility of super powers.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
His name's Phoenix and he doesn't have a bright orange, fire-style costume/cape!

Real talk, mad respect to the dude, a real hero. It's also nice to see some mutual respect between him and the Police Force, rarely ever see American police mentioned away from their more tragic mishaps... if you wanna call them that.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Fox12 said:
Hah, this is great. I love it whenever he pops up in the news.

I'm not sure why he wears that outfit, though. Have you seen this guy? He's scarier without it.
Look at that ************!

I don't, I guess body armor or something.
It is indeed an armor, look like molded carbon fiber, but the chest of his latest model seem much thicker and could be thick enough to stop a 9mm hollow point, while his older model seem only thick enough to be a knife protection.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
A) I thought Phoenix Jones hung up his "cape". Good to know he's still doing good in the world.

B) holy shit, every article I've read in the past few days as been written by Lizzy Finnegan. Are there no other writers anymore?

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
as crazy as it sounds once the arrest was made people were recording the cops and harassing them about bother black people.
Of course they did. Damn hippies.

OT: It's nice to see something somewhat positive happening in the news every now and again.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Zontar said:

Trouble is he's been around for a few years now. While I enjoy reading about him, and if more who try it come up, sure. But it's looking like he's not sparked a movement.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
PunkRex said:
His name's Phoenix and he doesn't have a bright orange, fire-style costume/cape!

Real talk, mad respect to the dude, a real hero. It's also nice to see some mutual respect between him and the Police Force, rarely ever see American police mentioned away from their more tragic mishaps... if you wanna call them that.
C'mon, give him a break, he's got the haircut!

karloss01 said:
*cough* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivkzosgyx-U *cough*