I replied,
"It's every four years"
Her reply?
"Oh 2015 then"

No wonder I drink

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Theres this really dopey guy at my school.
-In a maths lesson, learning about 'theta'- 'Isn't theta a kind of cheese?'
-In a RE lesson, learning about family types- 'A nuclear family is a family from Ukraine, right?'
-In a science lesson, learing about carbon- 'Dry ice is ice without the water, right?'

Not sure if it counts though, cause he's a bit of a troll sometimes.

Simonism451

Oct 27, 2008
Terminate421 said:
Simonism451 said:
Terminate421 said:
I knew it was that, and I don't say its bad but I'm not buying the game because it has too many protentious followers.
This! Seriously buddy, your coolness won't be negatively affected by buying a bloody videogame (or spelling "pretentious" the right way).
Its not that at all!

I'm just sick of the constant kind of treatment a game like Amnesia gets. Constant "Its an indie game, its automatically good!" when there are hundreds of other games which could be far better are ignored because they had a publisher involved.

Also, it doesn't help at all when I'm attacked for a typo.
(Sorry, I just found protentious kinda funny. As opposed to anti-tentious.)

I believe that those hundreds other games get a sufficient amount of appreciation by generally being bought by more people, being more likely to get coverage in mainstream media and so on.

Seriously though, not buying something because it has a pretentious following is, like, being the king of pretentiousness

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Legendsmith said:
"Really Stupid Things You've Heard/Read Someone Say
^This.
I was going to make that snarky comment...

Anyway, I haven't noticed anybody ninja my (semi-)serious comment, so here goes:

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Just now:

I know @MortifiedPenguin IRL and she just said this little gem.

-Holds up a drawing of a man I just drew-

"Why does he have two arms?"

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Terminate421 said:
"All new pokemon suck"

Also:

"WTF a garbage pokemon!? Thats the dumbest idea ever! (Forgets about Jynx, Executor, and FUCKING MR. MIME)"
But it is dumb! And almost all of them do!

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

I guess mine is someone saying that *clearly* the power lines by his office were emitting Scary Radiation of some kind because a tree he transplanted to near the line grew stubby and short, while the other trees of the same type that weren't near the line grew tall. Basically "omg one data point and I have decided that science doesn't work and there can be only one reason why this happened."

Conn1496

Apr 21, 2011
EeveeElectro said:
'Do girls go to the bathroom together to sync up their periods?'

Yep. It happens just like an iPod.

Also this girl.
There's no way someone that fucking stupid can function properly.
She doesn't function, she just lives. There's a thick boundry between the two for her by the looks of it.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Binnsyboy said:
Screamarie said:
OT: Let's see...I won't post the highschool newspaper article that I've posted twice already. People have seen it, know about it, so let's move on.
I haven't seen it. I wanna see it! D:

Midgeamoo said:
"80GB iPod? Wouldn't that get really heavy if you stored that many songs on it?"
I literally just had an intense physical reaction to how retarded that is. Please tell me you're fictionalizing for something to post. There can't be people like that that aren't filed under some mental condition.
Okay Binnysboy. Just for you. Here it is for a third time.

I've heard somewhere that later after she wrote this, she said that she doesn't really believe it, they just really needed an article for the paper but...I don't believe her.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Screamarie said:
Binnsyboy said:
Screamarie said:
OT: Let's see...I won't post the highschool newspaper article that I've posted twice already. People have seen it, know about it, so let's move on.

Midgeamoo said:
"80GB iPod? Wouldn't that get really heavy if you stored that many songs on it?"
I literally just had an intense physical reaction to how retarded that is. Please tell me you're fictionalizing for something to post. There can't be people like that that aren't filed under some mental condition.

I've heard somewhere that later after she wrote this, she said that she doesn't really believe it, they just really needed an article for the paper but...I don't believe her.
-_-

Can I set her on fire? I think it would be a good idea for me to set her on fire.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Broady Brio said:
An old one from many years ago. We are in a history class about Medieval England, around the time of the Saladin, Richard the Lionheart and Frederick Barbarossa.

"So... Britian has always drifted away from Europe? We really should put some anchors down."

Yeah, good luck with that.
Just build a few bridges made out of duct tape that connect the UK to Mainland Europe. There! It will never move again. Perfect sense.

Feb 26, 2011
Me: *trying to explain 'The Cake is a Lie' meme to a non-gamer* ...look, it's a message you find written on a wall in blood.

Her: Written in blood? Is this some kind of emo thing? It sounds stupid.

And then I remembered why I don't associate with people.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Binnsyboy said:
Screamarie said:
Binnsyboy said:
Screamarie said:

Midgeamoo said:

-_-

Can I set her on fire? I think it would be a good idea for me to set her on fire.
Unfortunately I believe setting someone on fire for idiocy is a felony. I think the only thing we can legally do is pray very, very hard to whatever deity is out that there that this girl is never, ever given the chance to breed and that she never, ever gets married so that she has to work for every crust of bread she eats.

CMDDarkblade

Jun 14, 2010
Xangba said:
Hmm stupid things I've heard people say....

The American Civil War was fought over slavery.

I want to strangle people I hear say that. Is it so hard to learn a little history?
Seeing how the slavery issue was a major reason why the South succeeded from the North it's not really that much of a dumb thing to say.

I mean sure there are other reasons for the U.S. Civil War but many of them also have slavery as an underlying factor.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
solemnwar said:
lol how can they even have 2 million subs when there aren't even 2 million people of earth. next time google it before looking like a complete idiot.
Wait, is this from this video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbT0HV4-GjI&list=UUH-_hzb2ILSCo9ftVSnrCIQ&index=0&feature=plcp]? Based on the other contributions it sure sounds like it.
Soviet Heavy said:
I once heard a person ask if a brown holstein cow gave chocolate milk. I wanted to strangle her for being that dumb. COWS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!
Sure they do, you get milk from one teat, yogurt from the second, sour milk from the third and cream from the fourth :D

OT: Spelling mistakes Ok, that's probably a bit mean, so I'll have to go with this:

"Wasn't the first World War fought during the 18th century?"

Said by a classmate once. ONCE. (we all corrected her and I hope that was the only thing she has gotten wrong during her life)

Nov 28, 2007
Every time I hear someone claim that the U.S. wouldn't have gotten involved in the Vietnam War if JFK hadn't been assassinated. Yes, the man responsible for the Bay of Pigs disaster was totally adverse to conflict. And the fact that JFK is quoted as saying "We don't have a prayer of staying in Vietnam. Those people hate us. They are going to throw our asses out of there at any point. But I can't give up that territory to the communists and get the American people to re-elect me," means he was definitely on the verge of pulling out.

Edit: Although he was working on a policy shift that would have withdrawn 1,000 troops when he was shot. Still, 1,000 troops versus how many in Vietnam?

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
My English class was full of the stereotypical twi-tard, Bieber-worshiping idiots that people associate with today's youth. Here's a few gems:

"One Direction's just like the Beatles, only better!"

"Romeo and Juliet is stupid! Why don't we read Twilight?"

"Why are we even reading this story? Its all sad and depressing!"

I would go on, but I fear that more quotes would infringe on my fellow Escapists' sanity.

Nov 28, 2007
Dangit2019 said:
My English class was full of the stereotypical twi-tard, Bieber-worshiping idiots that people associate with today's youth. Here's a few gems:

"One Direction's just like the Beatles, only better!"

"Romeo and Juliet is stupid! Why don't we read Twilight?"

"Why are we even reading this story? Its all sad and depressing!"

I would go on, but I fear that more quotes would infringe on my fellow Escapists' sanity.
To be fair, I agree with the second quote, minus the Twilight sentiment. Romeo and Juliet was vastly overrated. It's an ephebophile who decides he has found the girl of his dreams a couple of weeks after breaking up with his last girl of his dreams, and eventually killing a man to save her, then killing himself over her corpse. Charming.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
David Bjur said:
solemnwar said:
lol how can they even have 2 million subs when there aren't even 2 million people of earth. next time google it before looking like a complete idiot.
Wait, is this from this video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbT0HV4-GjI&list=UUH-_hzb2ILSCo9ftVSnrCIQ&index=0&feature=plcp]? Based on the other contributions it sure sounds like it.
Yep. However I've also found it on other videos (yogscast ones, I believe) so I think it's just someone trolling.