Rebecca Black's new single.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
shrekfan246 said:
You know what's funny? I still can't even finish Design the Skylines song, that's right, I never finished listening to it before.
I finished that one, but I'm now healing my ears with a good dose of "Purgatory Dance Party", thanks to -

Just_A_Glitch said:
My god, did someone have to post that? Really?

I'd sooner listen to Brokencyde...

Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but damn if they aren't terrible.

OT: I think its actually much better. Still nothing really special or standout, but I honestly don't find this that bad.
This man.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
That was a lot better, she didn't sound like a whiny robot. In fact it didn't sound like her at all.

It's not great, but I don't mind it.

The lyrics are kind of obnoxious, but not nearly as infuriatingly banal as those of Friday were.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Ehh, it's better than Friday (MUCH better), but it's still teen pop. It's really amazing how in two days this will be more famous than most composed works.
EDIT:
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:
Still not as much of a cancer to music as Design the Skyline is.
Oh god...anything besides Design the Skyline is good.

For those of you who don't know who they are, here's the abortion that is Design the Skyline:

OT: Her new song is still bad, but it's good compared to Friday.
Ok, I do like mathcore, but what the fuck was that? Those kids are good musicians, but it's hilarious to watch them try to mix the worst of genres and attempt to mosh like The Dillinger Escape Plan if they were all fifty.

Jun 11, 2008
Polarity27 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:

For those of you who don't know who they are, here's the abortion that is Design the Skyline:
I hate to say this, but all music from ...whatever one calls that sort of metal... all sounds exactly like this to me. Guitars that make my ears bleed and some dude who wants to look tough screaming himself hoarse.

I'm pretty musically diverse in taste, I can find at least *something* to like from all genres but that one. (Thanks to The Escapist, I've even gotten over my general annoyance with dubstep. Skrillex, get OUT of my head!)
Well they are more whatever Enter Shikari is with more guttural lyrics. Just becuase you throw in heavy sounding guitars and screaming does not make it metal. Although some people seem to think they are mathcore going by youtube comments and above comment. I am not sure how ever if they are dissonant on purpose or you know just bad.

OT: It is not as bad as Friday although the bar for that is quite low and she comes off as a lot more obnoxious in the video.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
shrekfan246 said:
Purgatory Dance Party? I never heard of that song...but I like the name. I'm listening to We Came As Romans.
A good band there, too. Purgatory Dance Party is both the name of a song and the first album by Polkadot Cadaver, a...well, let me just leave this here:

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Meh, it's not that horrific. It's just generic pop. Horribly, horribly generic. I already forgot what it sounds like (and thank God for that).

GooBeyond

Nov 12, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:

what wrong with you man ?!?

why do you disrespect abortion !?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
shrekfan246 said:
Purgatory Dance Party? I never heard of that song...but I like the name. I'm listening to We Came As Romans.
A good band there, too. Purgatory Dance Party is both the name of a song and the first album by Polkadot Cadaver, a...well, let me just leave this here:
Thank you for showing me that, that was awesome!

Hawkmoon269

Apr 14, 2011
Sure, it's not as bad as Friday.

It is, however, still a dull generic pop tune that achieves nothing artistically.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Still autotuned, but much less so.

Better than Friday, but it's still generic crap that sounds like most popular songs out now.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
I don't know what's worse.

Hearing the same incessant caterwauling again and again, that same fucking repetitious nonsense that makes me want to gouge my ears out with a high powered drill...

...or the piece of pop-culture it's always complaining about.

Look, if you don't like Rebecca Black, great, you have taste in music NOW GO THE FUCK AWAY WITH THIS SHIT.

Rebecca Black is not famous because the music industry foists her own us, she's famous because assholes like you guys keep going "WHAAAA THIS SUCKS" and won't shut up about her or keep linking her video or whatever else. So she has another video, and you're tortured by this? Blame the ones responsible. Blame yourselves.

Here's how to stop Rebecca Black:

Step 1: Don't watch her video
Step 2: Don't send everyone else her video
Step 3: Don't post in a forum about it
Step 4: Go about your life as tho she never was a part of it.

The only people who are bothered by Miss Black are those who PURPOSEFULLY WATCH HER SHIT. That's like gouging out your eye and then complaining that you keep gouging out your eye. It's self-inflicted, you masochistic, whining, self-important asshats.

The cruelest part? She is laughing all the way to the bank, while you keep BRINGING HER UP.

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
Polarity27 said:
Infinitely better. It's not wonderful pop, but I've certainly heard a lot worse. It's catchy, the video is kind of cute with her mom (presumably?) in the limo, I'd much rather see this kid enjoy popularity than Justin Bieber.
Justin Bieber plays a whole lot of instruments and is a real musician. You must be a complete mental case if you think that this fake wannabe attention whore should get more credit.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:

Actually, that song probably wouldn't have been half bad if it was just an instrumental.

The vocals ruin it.

While we're on the topic of hilariously bad music:

Title is NSFW, but that's it really.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
frans909 said:
Polarity27 said:
Infinitely better. It's not wonderful pop, but I've certainly heard a lot worse. It's catchy, the video is kind of cute with her mom (presumably?) in the limo, I'd much rather see this kid enjoy popularity than Justin Bieber.
Justin Bieber plays a whole lot of instruments and is a real musician. You must be a complete mental case if you think that this fake wannabe attention whore should get more credit.
They're basically the same. Bieber's a music industry puppet, nothing more.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Why do we all give her so much attention? Kind of playing into their hands when you link their youtube videos to all of your friends and go, "HAHAH SHE'S SO DUMB AND BAD".

ShadowLord180

Nov 10, 2009
At least Friday was bad enough to make me laugh and it wasn't pretending to be a decent song. Her new single was so bad that I could only listen to about 10 seconds of it before I felt a strong urge to vomit. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:

]

That just sounded and looked like shit to me.

I'm dissapionted with Rebecca Blacks new song, not enough car seats, not enough telling me how the days of the week go, not enough bowls of cereal. I was hoping for "Saturday" insted D:

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
1:26: DOC SCRATCH! Or his chubby sister, at least.

Anyway, this is so okay it's average. Just pretty generic pop, not hilariously awful like Friday, but still not all that good.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
How did you pick up on a video that was only posted 11 hours ago despite you hating the singer and her previous song?

Why are you people obsessed with a 13-year-old girl?

Why can't I stop ejaculating over the new Batman trailer?

WILL ROSS AND RACHEL EVER GET TOGETHER?!