Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Sims 3

ThatJagoGuy

Feb 11, 2009
I like the idea of games-based songs... but it was a bit long. Had its moments though... and now I want muffins.

Maybe I'll try my own gaming song... OOH! OOH! COmpetition!

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
I also now crave muffins. I'm betting the featured muffin was... caramel-centred?

Sooo tasty.

ThatJagoGuy

Feb 11, 2009
Tattaglia said:
I also now crave muffins. I'm betting the featured muffin was... caramel-centred?

Sooo tasty.
Nah, I'm thinking generic choc-chip. She's from the West-Country and we have no such extravagances as filled muffins... or culture. :p

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Well this is a novel idea! I like it! Will the songs change tone for different genres of games?

One thing, though, I'm sure I've seen her in my town a few times. o_O
Edit:
ThatJagoGuy said:
Nah, I'm thinking generic choc-chip. She's from the West-Country and we have no such extravagances as filled muffins... or culture. :p
Ah. That explains it. Small world.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I don't get it.
Was it meant to be funny?
Meaningful?
Silly?
Stupid?

I'll confess that I stopped about halfway through, and started skipping ahead in intervals.
I still didn't get it. And the vocals bugged the crap out of me.

But maybe that's just me.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
It's not my normal taste in music but nonetheless I really liked the song. Even if you take away the Sims aspect/video the song still has merit of its own. A good laid back song - I liked the end where it says something like Dear god, someday I'll meet you.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
ThatJagoGuy said:
Tattaglia said:

Sooo tasty.
Aw. Now you've gone and dashed my muffin fantasies away. It's four in the morning and already I lack tastiness.

EDIT: Oop, forgot to add my opinion. I liked it, but it really needs some improvement. Your comedic angle was good, but your jokes needed to be better and more plentiful. Other than that, you've got moxy, kid.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
It's a nice idea, gaming songs, but it did go on just a little bit longer than my attention span could keep up with.

Other than that minor criticism, keep it up.

Numbert

May 15, 2008
I liked it, but I don't see it being a very sustainable idea for a longtime show. A pretty good one time thing though.

ThatJagoGuy

Feb 11, 2009
Danny Ocean said:
Does Exeter count as WestCountry? I mean - you have real roads! :p

Tattaglia said:
Aw. Now you've gone and dashed my muffin fantasies away. It's four in the morning and already I lack tastiness.
Time-zone craziness! It's 5pm here. I can buy all the dull muffins I desire!
Assuming this is to be a regular feature on the Escapist, I hope these vids pick up. I reckon there's a fair bit of potential in the idea.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
ThatJagoGuy said:
Danny Ocean said:
We also have hundreds of not-quite-into-the-whole-'good life'-thing-enough-to-actually-go-buy-a-barn-and-do-it-up older middle-class people. Isn't that what really defines Devon? Older middle-class people?

And being stupidly over-taxed for the services we get?

And cow tipping?

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Hmmm... I like it.

I think it could have been about a minute shorter because I felt like the lyrics started repeating, but I can see this turning into something I look forward too every couple of weeks. Keep singin' Rebecca and Welcome to The Escapist! :)

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Numbert said:
I liked it, but I don't see it being a very sustainable idea for a longtime show. A pretty good one time thing though.
Maybe - maybe not - it might be possible to make a song for a game each week. We shall see. Personally, I enjoyed both the music, the video, and the godess costume (insert prevy comment here).

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Danny Ocean said:
ThatJagoGuy said:
Danny Ocean said:
We also have hundreds of not-quite-into-the-whole-'good life'-thing-enough-to-actually-go-buy-a-barn-and-do-it-up older middle-class people. Isn't that what really defines Devon? Older middle-class people?

And being stupidly over-taxed for the services we get?

And cow tipping?
Tourist: So does living in the westcontry mean you have lower Crimerates?

Me:HAR HAR FUNNY- No, welcome to Torbay.

Oh and don't forget larp.. Lots and lots of LArp :3!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
ThatJagoGuy said:
Tattaglia said:

Sooo tasty.
A west-countrier? Bah, where are all the hot-singing-video-game-fan midlanders? Were, damn it!

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Doug said:
Maybe - maybe not - it might be possible to make a song for a game each week. We shall see. Personally, I enjoyed both the music, the video, and the godess costume (insert prevy comment here).
I'm pretty sure it's every two weeks, but don't quote me on that. Maybe one of the video peeps will jump in and correct me :p

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Keep singin' Rebecca and Welcome to The Escapist! :)
I forgot to say that!
Welcome to the Escapist, Rebecca! Please enjoy your stay and ignore the body under the stairs and the troll outside.

Virgil said:
Maybe one of the video peeps will jump in and correct me :p
Don't you all share an office building? You could yell at them.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
That was new and interesting, and I liked it.
I think she has a very nice voice, and is also quite pretty to boot.

Wow, that was awfully nice, it being the internet and all.
Welcome to the Escapist.