ReCape: Watching The Cape

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
ReCape: Watching The Cape

If you think that's a forced joke, you obviously didn't catch The Cape last night.

Read Full Article

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Ugh, this is really, really bad. I couldnt make it past page 3. Its like they brought in a soap opera writer and told him to write like a comic book writer.
Edit: A bad soap opera writer

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
not that i have anything against you as a writer, but i saw the 6 pages, and immediatly lost interest, it would be much easier for me to actually just watch the show and form my own opinion :( (nooooo!)

p.s... captcha?! double nooooooo!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I watched it. Keith David was awesome as fuck.

Therefore, the show is awesome as fuck...

Did I mention Keith David was awesome?

Nov 10, 2010
Reasonable minds should be able to differ.

Personally, it doesn't sound like I missed much. Of course I watched Bob's Burgers, which appears to have been equally as bad, and Hellboy-Golden Army (rock on)

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
I loved the show, it doesn't take itself too serious and has a good amount of funny, cheesy moments. Grabbing stuff with a spider silk cape that's tougher than Kevlar is quite entertaining for whatever reason.

Onyx Oblivion said:
I watched it. Keith David was awesome as fuck.

Therefore, the show is awesome as fuck...

Did I mention Keith David was awesome?
I wasn't going to watch the show as it looked like a poor man's Batman but when I noticed Keith David and Summer Glau were in this, I HAD to watch. Keith David is quite the showman and I can't take my eyes off the beautiful and mesmerizing Summer Glau. I'm guessing The Cape will get canceled before it's time as everything she's been in has gotten canceled.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Trying to ride the snark wave much? This isn't a recap, it's a deconstruction. And your authority to make these snarks is shattered when you say children "that age" are annoyed by you reading out loud. 1) You already pointed out we don't know his age and 2) my brother is 14 and he loves it when I narrate and provide dialogue.

Anyway, you seem overly negative, like you saw the previews, thought you wouldn't like it, and then forced yourself to watch it so you could snark about it. But hey, I red this thinking, Oh, another Elizabeth article. Ugh, but it's actually about something that interests me, oh well, I guess I'll endure it. Don't know what it is, something about you rubs me the wrong way.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
I love deconstructionist humor so much. This article was tremendous fun.

Post-article fanboy crying was a nice bonus.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
LifeCharacter said:
Is it possible for you to re-write this without the obvious bias? It's hard for me to take things seriously when that rears its disgusting head.
I know, what is with people giving their opinions and trying to entertain people? The audacity! This article should have been a simple transcript, followed by an ACCURATE numeric score!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
cynical conservative said:
Reasonable minds should be able to differ.

Personally, it doesn't sound like I missed much. Of course I watched Bob's Burgers, which appears to have been equally as bad, and Hellboy-Golden Army (rock on)
I couldn't make it through Bob's Burgers.

OT: I had completely forgotten about The Cape. I made it through all 6 pages of this recap and it sounds like I didn't miss too much except unintentionally funny acting and made-for-TV bondage scenes (which, as Soap Oprah's have proven, cannot carry a show on their own) As bad as it sounded though, I liked Birds of Prey so maybe I would be interested in this show?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
This "recap" (i.e. "sardonic summary") is not very good. I didn't laugh, it was excessive in length, and it lacked wit. I would recommend reading the written reviews of Noah Antwiler of "The Spoony Experiment" [http://spoonyexperiment.com/movie-reviews/] fame if you want to see this kind of thing done well.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
laryri said:
This show reminded me of Batman and Robin.
That's exactly what I though when I was watching it as well.
Let's see... Guy loses most of the things in his life that are important to him and decides to attempt to take back the city from the corrupt police and criminal underworld. But first he needs special fighting, stealth, and disappearing skills, so he's trained by a sort of mentor and he's also given a special gizmo to help him fight crime. He also meets a computer whiz named Ora- whoops, Orwell, who will help him track criminals and give him in mission status updates. And so on and so forth.

OT: It wasn't too terrible, but I couldn't help comparing it to Batman the entire time, making it seem pretty bad.