Reccomend me a T.V series!

Cobbs

Aug 16, 2008
0p3rati0n said:
ALL 8 SEASONS OF 24! GO DO IT NOW!!!
A season of 24 go's for about 18 hours *dissapointment face*

OT go for Being Human if you want a good story driven show. If your feeling bored and nit fussed however id go for Metalocalypse

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Damn I just started watching Dexter a few days ago and was going to reccomend that T_T (I'm halfway through season two now)
I guess I'd reccomend the first season of Breaking Bad. I don't know so much about season two (haven't been keeping up with it). Also walking dead, and Sunny. Everything else I watch is either American or Japanese Cartoon (From this point on I am no longer saying "anime"[or at least I'll try]) or a show that doesn't have Stewart or Colbert.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
0p3rati0n said:
savageoblivi0n said:
0p3rati0n said:
Curse you ninja!!!!

Ot: ermmm...yah other than 24 i got nothin...that's what i'm workin on right now..just starting season 3

ooOO...NCIS! Abby FTW

I'm on Season 6. Son of a bitches had to cancel at season 8 when I was getting into it even though I didn't see any season before hand... ok maybe a little of 7 but still. Also yes NCIS is awesome! Abby and Ducky are my favorite! :D Warehouse 13 is a good show too. If you haven't heard of it then it's on SyFy. Season 3 won't kick up till late in the year. So there's time to catch up.
ahh cool thanks will have to check it out, hadn't heard much on it yet

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Well this is pretty much a cultural wastleland.......

OT: Have you watched Tosh.0? Not a series but it's funny as hell.

flim.geek.chic

Oct 22, 2009
Tsunimo said:
flim.geek.chic said:
Being Human is also a fun one but watch the Brit version something tells me the American version is going to be crap.
Yeah... We mess up a lot of things... Top Gear, for an example.
But I second Doctor Who.
Mmmm the new Top Gear isn't TOO bad, just a different flavor. but yeah I always say watch the original. Same goes for The Office.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
mikozero said:
The Big Bang Theory
That and Community are the two shows I keep up with, and sometimes Raising Hope just because of how dark it it. Other than that I never really watch tv, other than the occasional Daily Show.

Edit: How could I have forgotten South Park? I own half the seasons... Anyway yeah, I'd recommend that as well.

May 5, 2010
Well, let's see...

Breaking Bad
Fringe
Lost
The Event
Generation Kill
The Office
30 Rock
Community
The Shield
Better Off Ted
The Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
Prison Break
Whose Line is it Anyway(just look it up on Youtube, it's hilarious)-7
Supernatural
Arrested Development
Outsourced
Red vs Blue (Shut up, It totally counts!)

Aaaaaaaand....Yeah, that about covers it.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
Cobbs said:
0p3rati0n said:
A season of 24 go's for about 18 hours *dissapointment face*
it will still take you around 7 days to complete. Plus the other 15 minutes is commercial time. So it feels like it's in real time on the t.v. But not so much on a computer. Still it's worth all those 7 days.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Hm let's see...how about NCIS, Bones, Royal Pains, the Closer, and Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
dj Facchiano said:
I just finished watching season 5 of Dexter and now have nothing to watch :( sooooooooo I was hoping you fine gentlemen from the lands of escapistmagazine.com would be able to share your T.V wisdom with me. My favorite series have been prison break, dexter, and battle star galatica. I'm not a big fan of anime. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN.
If you like comedy, Arrested Development is the way to go. It's hilarious, ingenious, well acted and much better on DVD.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Community
Arrested Development
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Its Always Sunny in Philidelphia
The Life and Times of Tim
Archer
Burn Notice
The Walking Dead
Human Target
Supernatural
South Park
The Mentalist
American Dad!
Takeshis Castle
Destination Truth

All good shows.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Has anyone mentioned Deadwood yet?

EDIT: Also, if you haven't watched through Stargate SG-1 yet, now would be a good time to do it.

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
Second season of V has just started. Fringe is interesting as is The Walking Dead so far but the chosen ending of Lost could be a disappointment.

King Crab

Jul 20, 2009
the wire - possibly the (second) greatest tv series out there. set in and about the city of baltimore, pretty slow to pick up, but mezmerising. really really good. 5 series, complete

the prisoner - the greatest television series ever made. made in the 1960's, an intense spy thriller that delves deep into mind fuckery.

those are the two I really recommend, but if you like comedy or alternitive stuff I can also highly recommend;
father ted (comedy about 3 pariochial irish priests set on remote island)
garth meriangis dark place (strange hospital comedy filmed in style of 70's drama/horror)
police squad! original 80's naked gun tv series. only 6 episodes, but really good stuff. surreal.

well, thats all I can think of off the top of my head, the ones I would really recommed anyways.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
dj Facchiano said:
I just finished watching season 5 of Dexter and now have nothing to watch
Love Dexter, but I will repeat Breaking Bad because it is also heavy character like Dexter is and has kind of an anti-hero.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
flim.geek.chic said:
lemiel14n3 said:
Burn Notice, Firefly, Psych, The League, Breaking Bad, Archer, Doctor Who

All good shows
FireFly! completely forgot that one! though if you watch that be sure to rent Serenity so you feel it has some closure.
Except that Serenity was much, much, much worse than any Firefly episode.

Apart from all that's been mentioned, Stargate SG-1 and Star Trek are classics. Also I don't think chuck or how I met your mother has been mentioned.

Just_in_time

Sep 1, 2010
SPARTACUS!!!!!
Modern Family
Top Gear (British version not the american)
Big Bang Theory
Hot in Cleveland
The Boondocks
Nikita
Its always sunny in Philadelphia

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I am going to suggest an obscure one:
"Shameless" - an English show I ran into online, it is not bad, though one character bugs me...