Reccomend me a T.V series!

Tokeism

Aug 20, 2009
How I Met Your Mother, Community, The Big Bang Theory, The IT Crowd, Futurama, Deadlist Warrior

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
I only have three letters for you...DSV
Its got it all
A talking super intelligent dolphin.
The dude out of Jaws, who's the captain and uses an AI interface of his dead wife to control the vessel.
Lasers that work under water.
Mini submarines that swim.
And a plethora of outlandish bad guys and back story that even the ocean has no rights to be large enough to contain.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
The Incredible Hulk. Bill Bixby is wonderful, and Lou is grand. Terrific and a joy to watch. Oh, and Mission Impossible. Too fun to miss out on.

flim.geek.chic

Oct 22, 2009
GeorgW said:
flim.geek.chic said:
lemiel14n3 said:
Burn Notice, Firefly, Psych, The League, Breaking Bad, Archer, Doctor Who

All good shows
FireFly! completely forgot that one! though if you watch that be sure to rent Serenity so you feel it has some closure.
Except that Serenity was much, much, much worse than any Firefly episode.

Apart from all that's been mentioned, Stargate SG-1 and Star Trek are classics. Also I don't think chuck or how I met your mother has been mentioned.
Beggers can't be choosers, untill a better ending is flimed it's all we got.

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
I have to back all the recommendations of Community so far. That show is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. Unfortunately, I have no current sci fi shows to recommend. I'm still waiting for a sci fi show to catch my eye. I must be part of a small minority that wants a cyber punk themed show. It seems no one wants to explore that area.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
flim.geek.chic said:
Doctor Who beacuse it's addictive but start from the David Tennant era for the good stuff.
The Eccleston season had quite a few good episodes too.

NCIS & The Mentalist and the new Hawaii 5-0 are all good shows too.

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
The Venture Brothers is one of the best animated shows I've seen.

Frisky Dingo is also damn funny.

For truly dark and brilliant humour the english brought us Monkey Dust.

Something shorter and more bizarre would be Xavier: Renegade Angel.

DeeWiz

Aug 25, 2010
FARSCAPE!! why has this not been mentioned yet. Outside of anything by Joss Whedon, Farscape has the most character development of any show ever!! And not just the main character, but every1 from friends to villians all change, adapt, grow according to what has happened to them and is threatening them.

It is the best show no one watched, and the most "human" show even though there is only one human in it. if you are not completely hooked by the end of the first season you are not a human being and I deny your existence.

Similiarly Battlestar Galactica (new one) is very much a human drama, but it starts of in a dark place, the near genocide of the human race, and gets darker from there. But there is not as much contrast as in farscape, diversity is the spice of life, and farscape has its moments of levity in order to drop you further and to make you cherish the good times. Joss Whedon does this, though usually his characters don;t live long enough after they;re happy to get trod on again, except for the whole being dead thing.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
dj Facchiano said:
I just finished watching season 5 of Dexter and now have nothing to watch :( sooooooooo I was hoping you fine gentlemen from the lands of escapistmagazine.com would be able to share your T.V wisdom with me. My favorite series have been prison break, dexter, and battle star galatica. I'm not a big fan of anime. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN.
Oh *****...I was totally going to suggest Dexter and BSG. Stargate SG-1 and it's spin-offs' are actually good (No idea why the entire world seems to hate the series, yet no hate for Vampire Diaries? WTF?!), Invasion was one season but rocked, Jericho was two (Well, one and a half)...Lost if you want to break your mind and waste a hundred or so hours, The Sopranos (Obviously), Heroes, Rome, Spartacus, Deadwood, Outrageous Fortune (Biased since I'm a kiwi, but wicked show anyway)....to name a few from my DVD collection.

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
24, Firefly, both great series. Looking at your favs I'd consider The Wire. If you can stand sitting through all five seasons of Dexter than The Wire should be the perfect pace. It really is a fascinating and excellent series.

edit - oh and the first season of Heroes is pretty great. 2nd is worse. after that ... god be with you

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
dj Facchiano said:
I just finished watching season 5 of Dexter and now have nothing to watch :( sooooooooo I was hoping you fine gentlemen from the lands of escapistmagazine.com would be able to share your T.V wisdom with me. My favorite series have been prison break, dexter, and battle star galatica. I'm not a big fan of anime. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN.
Breaking Bad. Everyone needs to watch this show. So good, words can not describe how original it is.
I also quite like Privelaged, but that's a "girly" show so I wouldn't recommend it to you.
-Tabs<3-

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Also, everyone needs to watch Cromartie High.
Love that show. So arbitrary, random and messed up, but quite clever, simply for the "wtf factor"
-Tabs<3-

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
The Wire, it really is as good as everyone says.

Deadwood, I'll just say what I say to everyone who starts watching Deadwood, you are going to fucking love Al Swearengen despite your first impressions.

Life, only two seasons. In my oninion they tacked on a silly ending as a bit of miss-guided fan-service but otherwise it was excellent.

and lets step into the wayback machine and I'll reccommend

Homicide: Life on the Streets for when you need more gritty Baltimore after finishing The Wire.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
dj Facchiano said:
Damn, BSG was the first thing I thought of. I have all 6 seasons of House on DVD, so if you are into that, try those. Futurama might be your style, season five just came out, plus there are like 4 movies between seasons four and five. 24 is a great show, but the seasons of that are kind of pricey...