Recommend an Anime

emage

Feb 28, 2009
Your choices are some of my favorites. I highly recomend
Trigun : like FMA, sometimes silly, but has a serious side to it
Trinity Blood : I haven't seen the Hellsing stuff, yet, but you can't go wrong with vampires
Samurai 7 : a re-imagining of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, with mech's and super-swords
Basilisk : Very gory, but as long as that's not a turn off it's a great story

Some others that I enjoyed, but not necessarily in the same vein of what you listed:
Scraped Princess
Moribito (not sure if that's spelled correctly)
Mushi-shi

I highly recommend the site http://www.anime-planet.com/ it's a site that allows users to link different anime series together so that if you like one anime, you can see a list of similar styled series.

caster272

Feb 11, 2009
Good series of anime movies lately is Kara no Kyoukai (garden of sinners)
lets see:
gurren lagann
black lagoon
outlaw star
gundam wing
escaflowne

WilliamWhite1

Sep 27, 2008
Someone already mentioned Code Geass, but I thought I'd mention it again.
I'd like to say you won't be disappointed, except you might if you're either not too interested in fanservice or would rather watch something less about large-scale revolutions.

I like revolution. Especially racial revolution.

I suggest Geass. Consider it suggested.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
Psyko's Anime Ratings:

Trigun: Futuristic Post-Apocalyptic Western, Action, Drama, Hilarity & Sadness, Love & Peace, Donuts (10/10)

Basilisk: Medieval Japan, Ninjas(Action), Politics, Romance, Drama (10/10)

FLCL: Mystery, Crazy-Ass-Shit, Batshit-Insane, Hilarious Comedy, GREAT Action, Originality, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Human Nature & Interaction, Opinions Vary from Person to Person (10/10)

Eureka SeveN: Sci-Fi, Mechs(Action), Romance, Mystery, Humor, Drama, Adventure, Tense Moments (10/10)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan (or just Gurren Lagan): Sci-Fi, Mechs(Action), Mystery, Hilarity, Awesomeness (10/10)

Elfen Lied: Drama, Smut(Blood & Gore), Nudity, Fanservice, Romance, Light Action, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Terriffic (9.9/10)

Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu (a.k.a. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya): Comedy, Mystery, Romance, Philosophy, Weird, Confusing (9.8/10)

Vandread: Sci-Fi, Mystery, War, Mechs(Action), Politics, Adventure, Suspense, Comedy, Human Nature (9.8/10)

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokurochan (a.k.a. Beating Angel Dokuro-chan): Crazy-Ass-Shit, Hilarious Sexual Comedy, Babes, Extreme Brutal Violence & Gore (9.7/10)

Afro Samurai: Fantasy, SteamPunk, Action, Varying Humor, Samuel L. Jackson (9.7/10)

Code Geass R1: Futuristic, War, Politics, Thriller, Action, Mechs(Action), Strategy (9.6/10)

Detroit Metal City: Comedy, Spoof, (Mature Audience), SATSUGAI RAPE FUCK (9.4/10)

Giant Robo: Futuristic, Mechs(Action), Outrageous Action, Suspense, Retro (9.2/10)

School Days: Romance, Comedy, Adult Themes (S-E-X... a little bit), Tragedy (8.9/10)[/b]

Heat Guy J: Futuristic, Action, Suspense, Bagpipe-Rock, Whale-Raid (8.7/10):

Last Exile: Steampunk, War, Mystery, Romance, Suspense (8.6/10)

Speed Grapher: Near-Future, Mystery, Suspense, Action, Human Nature (8.5/10)

Paranoia Agent: Psychological Thriller, Mystery, Suspense (8.4/10):

Mushishi: Fantasy, Mystery, Suspense, Artistic, Sad, Happy, Calming, "Mushi?" (8.4/10)

Argento Soma: Near-Future, Aliens, Anti-Alien Government, Giant Robot/Alien Action, Suspense, Conspiracy, Tragedy (8.4/10)

FullMetal Alchemist: Fictional Fantasy, Light Humor, Mystery, Suspense, Action, Drama (8.4/10)

Dead Leaves: Action, Sci-Fi, Mystery, WTF [/b](8.3/10):[/b]

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Mechs(Action), Space Opera, Romance, Culture, Psychology, Sci-Fi, Kyuun Kyu~~~~n! (8.2/10)
  • The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?: Mechs(Action), Space Opera, Romance, Culture, Psychology, Sci-Fi (7.5/10)
    Macross Plus: Mechs(Action), Romance, Psychology, Sci-Fi (8.3/10)
    Macross 7: Mechs(Action), Space Opera, Romance, Sci-Fi, SING YOUR ENEMIES & VIEWERS TO A BORING DEATH (6.6/10)
    Macross Zero: Mechs(Action), Romance, Sci-Fi (7.8/10)
    Macross Frontier: Mechs(Action), Space Opera, Romance, Sci-Fi, Mystery (8.2/10):
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (a.k.a. Goodbye, Mr. Despair): Crazy-Ass-Shit, Batshit-Insane, Hilarious Comedy, Very Random, No-Sense Funnies (7.8/10)

Paprika: Mystery, Suspense, Psychological Thriller (7.8/10)

Rozen Maiden: Action(a little), Drama, Surreal, Mystery, Paople With Issues, Comedy, Rather Childish, DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU (7.7/10)

Gunslinger Girl: Realistic, Sci-fi(?), Government Secrets, Modern, Drama, Action(a little), Relationships (7.6/10)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Action, Suspense, Paranormal, Rescue Mission, WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! (7.5/10)

Berserk: Medieval, Fantasy, Action, Gore, War (7.5/10)

Utawarerumono (a.k.a. The One Who is Sung): Medieval Japan Fantasy, Mystery, Action, War, Politics, Light-Humor, Human Nature (7.4/10)

Bubblegum Crisis 2033: Action, Futuristic, Sci-Fi, Cyborgs, Powersuits (7/10)

Claymore: Medieval Fantasy, Action, Drama, Suspense, Tragedy, Mystery (7/10)

DearS: Sexual Comedy, Babes with Bouncy Tits, Somewhat Childish (7/10)

Serial Experiments Lain: Modern Fantasy, Mystery, Psychological Thriller, Long Durations of Nothing Happening (6.7/10)

Iria Zeiram the Animation: Futuristic, Sci-Fi, Action, Gadgets, Aliens (6.7/10)

Full Metal Panic: Mech(Action), Near-Future, School Comedy, School Romance, Suspense (6.4/10)
  • Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu: Love Comedy, Hilarity, Action Comedy, Censored-Nudity, Blatant Fanservice (7.5/10)
    Full Metal Panic! TSR (a.k.a. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid): Mechs(Action), Romance, Drama, Suspense, Comedy (8.3/10)
The Place Promised in our Early Days: Near-Future, Mystery, Rescue Mission (5.6/10)

Death Note: Surrealistic, Villain Hero, Madness, Strategy, Suspense (5/10)

Witch Hunter Robin: Modern Fantasy, Mystery (4.3/10)

Shingetsutan Tsukihime: Fictional Fantasy, Romance, Light humor, Mystery, Drama (3.9/10)

WARNING! INCOMING FLAME STORM! WARNING!

I've actually reviewed every single one of these & given reasons as to why I gave them such scores, but they're on a forum that has restricted access. If you find it, then good for you ^^

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
FLCL, or Furi Kuri (or Fooly Cooly o.o).

The only anime I've really enjoyed, so far.

PrinnyGod

Sep 25, 2008
Full metal made me very aggravated with the ending. Take that as either the end of the shows or the movie ending, either place seems to be a poor spot to end it. However It's good to say this, the manga is completely different.

I found that going from AMV Hell got me Azumanga Daioh and The Melancholy of Haruih Suzamiya (sorry if mispelled) and made me go laugh at the excessive over dramatization of death note.

"Then I'll take a chip, and eat it!" DRAMATIC BITE OF CHIP!!!!

haha, silly anime...

Good luck, there is just as many horrible tripe that causes those that call anime lame or classify it with hentai to have some kind of footing, and others that make them shut it...

Side note, I hated Eva...

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Firia said:
Strawberry Panic. :D
Uh...yeah, that wasn't a great one in my eyes. Yuri fans probably liked it though.

Been watchin Chrome Shelled Regios or something like that. Pretty good.

Good lord, most of mine are already listed.

I suppose that you could try Big O, didn't see that one mentioned. It's an old giant-robot series with a noir sort of feel. Badass fight scenes, good plot and stunning music.

Zegapain was also interesting. Giant Robots + Matrix = Zegapain.

Bleach is good if you skip filler crap and watch ONLY the first two seasons.

School Days is an effed-up romance. Good stuff, but if you have a girlfriend you will be watching her when she holds sharp objects after veiwing this.

Some of Gantz is good, up till the point where they deviate from the manga's story.

RahXephon is a nice one, as is Eureka Seven. Xam'd was in the title of a decent one.

Tokko and Noien: the first is cool, the second good though a tad predictable.

If I remember others, I'll swing on through.

EDIT: Aw, I forgot Shuffle! Funny until the end where it turns into a School Days thing.
ANOTHER: Good lord, Paranoia Agent will bat your silly brains out.