Recommend me a cute anime

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Sukisho's a yaoi romance/comedy/drama that's probably worth a look.

holy_secret said:

This is the best animated series evaaar :-D

So I guess it's half Anime, right?
I'm seconding this just to fill up the page with image macros because MLP is awesome?

fligan

Dec 31, 2009
fruit basket hands down though it does get fairly serious at times though it is a favorite of mine.

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
Cute things eh? Let's see...
Clannad is cute, depressing at times, but still cute.
K-On! is one of the most fitting for this.
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu has a good bit of cute in it as well.

Those who are saying Higurashi is cute are lying through their teeth.

ldgoodpobad

Jun 12, 2010
Anime has a wide variety of cute.

If you want a good romance I would recommend Toradora. The first five anime are streaming at anime news network and you can watch the rest for cheap (14$ for the entire series). It starts out pretty light hearted but gets more dramatic later on (I cried lot watching that one). It is not however nearly as soap opera like as shows like Air where it seems everyone has a terminal illness. It is only subtitled though so if that is a problem then it may not be for you. Chobits is an above average harem show the comedy drove me insane, but when it gets serious it has some thing to say. Full Metal Panic! has a good mix of romance, action and comedy. Minnory Days is another silly brainless romantic comedy (the humor drove me insane but I know a lot of people liked it). Fruits Basket is the definition of a feel good anime and will make you feel better regardless of what kind of day you had. Oran High School Host Club is very funny and has some good romantic development.

There are the slice of life anime. These are episodic and have little or no plot. Azumanga Daioh and Bamboo Blade do this without too many anime references. Lucky Star and Genshiken are fun if you can deal with a lot of anime references many you will probably not get. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia has a lot of slice of life elements, but has more of a plot. It is not as deeply invested in anime culture as Lucky Star, but its still pretty nerdy.

If you want Yuri I would recommend Strawberry Panic. It can be a little slow at times (but not as slow as Maria Watches Over US the other big yuri title). It has some funny parts, but can get pretty sad too (a little bit like a soap opera). El Cazador De La Bruja is also a good yuri, but is also very action packed so if you want a break from action it may not be for you. Strike Witches also has some strong yuri elements though not very well developed. It is more of a fanserive action comedy (the fanserivce is too much for some people in that show).

If you want some pure comedy I would recommend Sgt. Frog (the fumiest anime I have ever seen). Hitalia is also funny.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
EllEzDee said:
This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me lose faith in the human race as a whole.
Come on, a repeat thread on The Escapist can't be the one thing that pushes you over. Granted, it's been done 30 times since I've joined but that doesn't mean it compares to the ridiculous global politics these days or blah blah blah...

OT: I liked Yoru no Gakkou e Oide. Haven't picked up a good manga in awhile though...

Or...

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Micalas said:
It is cute though. In a pedophile sort of way. I watched it on a dare >.>
I know, I've watched it as well. (not entirely comfortable admitting that to anyone, but meh.)

As my profile on a few sites says, "I am one of the questionably sane few who delves into the deep and dark pit that is anime and surfaces with the gems from the junk."

I'll watch damn near anything given the access and the time; I often multitask with anime on. I still can't multitask while reading subs too well, but I'm working on it.

...my expedition has only just begun.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
ldgoodpobad said:
Anime has a wide variety of cute.

If you want a good romance I would recommend Toradora. The first five anime are streaming at anime news network and you can watch the rest for cheap (14$ for the entire series). It starts out pretty light hearted but gets more dramatic later on (I cried lot watching that one). It is not however nearly as soap opera like as shows like Air where it seems everyone has a terminal illness. It is only subtitled though so if that is a problem then it may not be for you. Chobits is an above average harem show the comedy drove me insane, but when it gets serious it has some thing to say. Full Metal Panic! has a good mix of romance, action and comedy. Minnory Days is another silly brainless romantic comedy (the humor drove me insane but I know a lot of people liked it). Fruits Basket is the definition of a feel good anime and will make you feel better regardless of what kind of day you had. Oran High School Host Club is very funny and has some good romantic development.

There are the slice of life anime. These are episodic and have little or no plot. Azumanga Daioh and Bamboo Blade do this without too many anime references. Lucky Star and Genshiken are fun if you can deal with a lot of anime references many you will probably not get. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia has a lot of slice of life elements, but has more of a plot. It is not as deeply invested in anime culture as Lucky Star, but its still pretty nerdy.

If you want Yuri I would recommend Strawberry Panic. It can be a little slow at times (but not as slow as Maria Watches Over US the other big yuri title). It has some funny parts, but can get pretty sad too (a little bit like a soap opera). El Cazador De La Bruja is also a good yuri, but is also very action packed so if you want a break from action it may not be for you. Strike Witches also has some strong yuri elements though not very well developed. It is more of a fanserive action comedy (the fanserivce is too much for some people in that show).

If you want some pure comedy I would recommend Sgt. Frog (the fumiest anime I have ever seen). Hitalia is also funny.
Thank you, Strawberry Panic I liked so far.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
And to reply to some of the comments:

Elfen Lied I have seen, Nyu is adorable, and compared to some other persons here I like the Anime ending. Wont spoil it, but I liked the subtle hints about the music box stopping(Lucy liked it) and the clock starting(Nyu liked that one).

K-On. Of course I've seen K-On. :) Adorable.

I've also read Aishiteruze Baby manga, it is very cute indeed. With good character growth.

Thanks for all the hints and tips.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
My girlfriend would recommend you Chii's Sweet Home.

But she's not here right now, so I'll just go ahead and recommend Azumanga Daioh.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Yeah, I'm a big K-ON! fan, so I'm gonna go with that.

And I guess I'll also add Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai there, too.

Josh Horton

Apr 6, 2011
I'd say Maid-sama or Working, they are both in Japanese right now with English subtitles though, Netflix has them if you have it.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
Not anime, but if you really need to squee something fierce, look no further than My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

TO MUCH CUTE!!
i saw that coming a mile away XD

op: try Tokyo Mew Mew.