Recommend me a good PC RPG that's not top down

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Mass Effect 1 and 2. Especially if you link them. I'm doing Paragon right now for the achievements, but next up is renegade just to see if everyone still lives.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
World of Warcraft it isn't computer intensive at all.

Walk freely around Dalaran on a high population server at 8 PM on a Tuesday. No lag.

OT: Get an emulator and play Pokemon, it may not be as immersive as you'd like, but it is still loads of fun!
With Red and Crystal, I can't tell you how many hours I killed!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
fleacythesheep said:
lacktheknack said:
fleacythesheep said:
lacktheknack said:
fleacythesheep said:
Dragon Age just use the close up angle, its better in my opinion.
You think that will run on his specs? That's cute.

OT: Geneforge and Avernum. Both pulished by Spiderweb Software, have freaking massive demos, and almost no one has heard of them.

Plus, creating you own mini army of telepathic squid is awesome (Geneforge).
I didn't look at his "specs". You know what isn't cute, being a rude and condescending nag.
Pardon me for expecting people to read the OP before posting.
If you don't get that it was your aptitude not the information that was rude then you missed the boat already.
Oh, I got it all right. It's news to me that "That's cute" is being a "condescending nag", though. I'd say that was less respectful then what I said.

Arcane Snowman

Mar 7, 2009
Sacrifice [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrifice_%28video_game%29] is a very interesting, and at times, quite funny 3rd person RPG/RTS, somewhat akin to Spellforce if you've ever played that.

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
Taxman1 said:
Seems like everyone is narrowed down to most of the RPGs, anyone know of some realistic shooters? I'm a huge sucker for those.
The original Ghost Recon is one of the best realistic shooter's I've played (though I've heard that Rainbow 6 is better). It looks like it'll run under the specs you've posted.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
Mortons4ck said:
Taxman1 said:
Seems like everyone is narrowed down to most of the RPGs, anyone know of some realistic shooters? I'm a huge sucker for those.
The original Ghost Recon is one of the best realistic shooter's I've played (though I've heard that Rainbow 6 is better). It looks like it'll run under the specs you've posted.
Yea I just bought Ghost Recon off of gog.com, rainbow six will probably be next.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Uplink.

Have you ever wanted to be one of those hackers you see in movies? Now you can!

It's 10 dollars on Steam. Support indie game developers!

Theninja'skatana

Aug 29, 2010
You could go through a MMO (maybe not Vindictus but hey) with zero player interaction (aside from auctions).

Or as I refer to it, Having a cake but not being able to eat that cake and instead getting splinters in every bodily orfice possible.

OR OR Just upgrade the damn PC! It'll be a learning experience and at the end a better PC.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
Theninja said:
You could go through a MMO (maybe not Vindictus but hey) with zero player interaction (aside from auctions).

Or as I refer to it, Having a cake but not being able to eat that cake and instead getting splinters in every bodily orfice possible.

OR OR Just upgrade the damn PC! It'll be a learning experience and at the end a better PC.
Well I do have a good PC but it's MIA (See OP). Building another one while that is in the shops won't make my wallet feel any safer. But hey, Mabinogi is able to run and that's similar right?

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Have you tried Titan Quest? It's very much like Diablo II, except it's a bit better. You should try that. I love Diablo II, as I do Titan Quest.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
benzooka said:
Have you tried Titan Quest? It's very much like Diablo II, except it's a bit better. You should try that. I love Diablo II, as I do Titan Quest.
It's not going to run on this crappy computer, but when my other computer comes back it's something I will definitely check out.
Wow I have so much on my to play list now, thanks guys!

Theninja'skatana

Aug 29, 2010
Taxman1 said:
Theninja said:

Well I do have a good PC but it's MIA (See OP). Building another one while that is in the shops won't make my wallet feel any safer. But hey, Mabinogi is able to run and that's similar right?
Srry about the computer. And yeah mabinogi is like vindictus made by the same people and had a project name of mabinogi heroes.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
teh_Canape said:
System Shock series
How did it take so long for someone to suggest System Shock!?!
System Shock 2 should run -- it runs in software rendering on my netbook, and that only makes me feel old because I remember having to tune my PC when SS2 came out...