Recommend me an up-beat and positive game!

mrjoe94

Sep 28, 2009
So lately i've done something that's potentially damaging to my psyche. I played and completed Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead in the same week. This has left me pretty down from a gaming perspective. I'm trying to think of a relatively positive and up-beat game and would like some input! Here's a link to my Steam Library for those who wanna know what I play and like: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrjoe94/games?tab=all I know this is sort of a stupid topic but I was pretty bored and I thought I could get some entertaining answers :p.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Upbeat, positive games?

All of the Clover Studio games! Viewtiful Joe! Okami! God Hand!
The Dragon Quest series!
The Monkey Island games!
Katamari Damacy!

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
*opens profile*
*Immediately scrolls down to the letter M*
*sees you have Magicka*
Damn, foiled again!
*scrolls through the other games*
I see you haven't played Fable. Or at least Steam doesn't show you've played it. Do try it if you haven't - it's really fun, I love it. It has that charming quality as if you're actually in a fable. Just run around and do good things.

I'll also recommend Spore - it's in a similar vein as Fable - it's charming in it's own way. (although more of a strategy...thing)

Unfortunately, you just missed the sale on GOG yesterday - I was just going to point you at theBulfrog pack and say "GET IT, GET IT NOW!" but the time is past. Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, are be quite good for the occasional dose of lols.

Also, possibly, some kind of sim/tycoon game where you just...do stuff. Helps take mind off things.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Umm...I'm guessing you're a PC gamer? But people have suggested games not for the PC? So I'm confused! Here it goes anyway...

-Fez
-Minecraft
-Gotham City Impostors (Funny FPS)
-Journey

I'll stop now because, again, i can only think of console exclusives...?

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Both the Walking Dead AND Spec Ops in one week?

Dear god man!

You might need this [http://www.suicidehotlines.com/]

OT: Well, umm, Crayon Physics Deluxe seemed pretty light hearted, and Evil Genius is pretty whacky.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
scribblenauts unlimited is quite fun, and it has a bright, cute artistic style
try monkey island and grim fandango too
trine 2
solar 2
the sims
magicka
sonic generations

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
According to your steam profile you've never played either Psychonauts or Stubbs the Zombie despite owning them. Get on it, they're both fun and entertaining games that'll leave you with a smile on your face.

If you don't mind something a bit more puzzle-y, then World of Goo and the Trine games are also fantastic though Trine is best played with friends.

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
well you have bastion or portal in your steam library you could play that or sequence its $1.30 on steam and one of my friends recommended it to me

then again you don't need more games since it seems you went crazy during the sale

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
was going to recommend Spec Ops: the Line, but then saw original post.

OT: Anything by Nintendo. Or Saints Row 2/3. They're so much fun that you won't care about being a sociopathic murderer.

Aariana

Apr 10, 2010
I can't help but notice a distinct lack of Sam & Max on there. The games would kinda give you sticker shock to buy, however the fourth chapter of the first set of games is for free on Steam. It is called Abe Lincoln Must Die! Silly, and you get to play with a psychotic bunny. What more do you need?

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Botanicula is concentrated joy.

It's a point and click exploration game, meaning you click on things and adorable stuff happens and you are happy. There are puzzles, but they're mostly easy.

And it's only $2.50 on Steam for the next 30 or so hours!

(If you want a demo, you can play [http://botanicula.net/] the first level for free on the official website.)

romanator0

Jun 3, 2011
Awesomenauts is a pretty upbeat game. It's essentially a 2D Moba/platformer in the style of saturday morning cartoons.

Here's the themesong for the game.

iwinatlife

Aug 21, 2008
viva pinata is surprisingly fun if you have a 360 just dont think too much about the fact that when pinatas die the children cheer for their blood/candy

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
Botanicula is concentrated joy.

It's a point and click exploration game, meaning you click on things and adorable stuff happens and you are happy. There are puzzles, but they're mostly easy.
OP, I wholeheartedly back this recommendation. Botanicula is bursting at the seams with charm, and if you're really looking for a pick-me-up you need to play it, regardless whether you're into adventure games or not. (Judging from your library, you oughtta try and diversify your gaming habits anyway.)

Furthermore I can recommend the following games from my own library:

- AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
- Audiosurf (if you have upbeat music)
- Beat Hazard (same as Audiosurf)
- Eets
- Eufloria (if you want something calm and relaxing)
- Hell Yeah!
- Max and the Magic Marker
- PixelJunk Eden (kinda artsy)
- Plants vs Zombies
- Sam & Max (all of it, every single episode is a ginormous barrel of laughs)
- The Wonderful End of the World

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Meestor Pickle said:
Audiosurf if you have the right kind of music
What you did there.

I see it.

OT: Any game from the Worms franchise after the original one. It hit its peak with Armageddon and then started going downhill ever since (ironic), but they're still pretty good fun and have hilarious voice tracks.

If you've got a Playstation 3, Flower and Journey are both uplifting in a strangely melancholic way. And then there's always Okami.

I apologize for not coming up with more helpful answers here, it's quarter to 3 in the morning and I should probably be sleeping right now.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Rayman Origins. It is so funky, It makes you love Ubisoft.

Need I say more?

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's leftovers.
Fun, nicely built world that's a little short but well worth the play and the price.

Heroes of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.
Much like the other games in the series but has a cartoonish art style and the combat is a casual connect three puzzle game.
Fun, rewarding but lacks story depth.