Recommend me low requirement pc games.

Bubble

Mar 22, 2009
Wow, thanks guys! This is a really great response in a short time period.
Including me everyone has played minecraft. I just found it pretty boring and more like a level editor(garrys mod) than a game. Can you mention some more games from the 2003-2007 time period?
believer258 said:
If it can run Bioshock and Fallout 3, I'm going to suggest:

Oblivion
New Vegas
F.E.A.R. (1&2)
Halo 1
Halo 2
Far Cry
Star Wars Battlefront 1/2

You should be able to run all of those just fine.
Thanks for this, i really need to try out star wars, but i'm really not into fps that much. I still really enjoy the great ones like Half life.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
universaltraveller said:
thenumberthirteen said:
DEFCON. A great strategy game based on Intercontinental Thermonuclear War. It's really gripping if you get into it, and also you can change the speed of the game so a match can last from 30 minutes to several hours playing "real time". There's even a mode especially designed to play secretly at work with your cubicle bound buddies.

The recommended requirements are: Windows XP, P3-600-Geforce 2, 128 Mb RAM, 60 Mb Hard Disk

If your computer doesn't have those specs then you need a new computer NOW. Also only £5.99 on Steam.
I second that motion. DEFCON is an awesome little stratagy game.
DEFCON holds a special place in my gaming heart. First off it's my comment on how emotional such a simple game can be that earned me my shiny little "First Time Caller" badge, and also it was involved in one of my greatest gaming moments EVER. Playing it on a massive cinema screen. I hooked a PC up to the digital projector at the cinema where I work, and I played a game of DEFCON. It was so damn cool.

I'm still surprised I managed to convince the manager to let me do that. I pitched it as a "proof of concept" to show how you could use the projector for things other than movies.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Serious Sam (the original 2). Good wasteage fun.
Also, Morrowind if you enjoyed FO3 or Oblivion.

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
Dwarf Fortress (in HD!)
You should be able to run Bioshock that was a pretty good one, not sure about the sequel tho.

universaltraveller

Apr 28, 2011
thenumberthirteen said:
universaltraveller said:
thenumberthirteen said:
DEFCON. A great strategy game based on Intercontinental Thermonuclear War. It's really gripping if you get into it, and also you can change the speed of the game so a match can last from 30 minutes to several hours playing "real time". There's even a mode especially designed to play secretly at work with your cubicle bound buddies.

The recommended requirements are: Windows XP, P3-600-Geforce 2, 128 Mb RAM, 60 Mb Hard Disk

If your computer doesn't have those specs then you need a new computer NOW. Also only £5.99 on Steam.
I second that motion. DEFCON is an awesome little stratagy game.
DEFCON holds a special place in my gaming heart. First off it's my comment on how emotional such a simple game can be that earned me my shiny little "First Time Caller" badge, and also it was involved in one of my greatest gaming moments EVER. Playing it on a massive cinema screen. I hooked a PC up to the digital projector at the cinema where I work, and I played a game of DEFCON. It was so damn cool.

I'm still surprised I managed to convince the manager to let me do that. I pitched it as a "proof of concept" to show how you could use the projector for things other than movies.
No-Way, DEFCON on a cinema screen would be too cool. I always likened that game to an 80's film special effect, set in a war room. And seeing that game on a huge screen would make that dream come true...

My hat off to you sir.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
X-com games. (not the XCOM game) and if you like those the UFO:After[stuff] series is not bad.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Well, if you like RPGs there's always The Spirit Engine 2. One of the better RPGs I've played, low requirements.

Also, it's free and it's here: http://www.thespiritengine.com/tse2-download.php

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
check out the myriad selection of indie games on Steam.

Ill bet my left testicle your PC wont have much trouble with them.

I also saw a recommendation for Frozen Synapse. Have a go. great fun.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
universaltraveller said:
No-Way, DEFCON on a cinema screen would be too cool. I always likened that game to an 80's film special effect, set in a war room. And seeing that game on a huge screen would make that dream come true...

My hat off to you sir.
I take it you've seen the film "Wargames".

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I'd recommend Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 (1 is a decade old though XD) and Sins of a Solar Empire. Relatively low spec, fun games ^^

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
The early total war games are great (so are the new ones but if you want low-end) and if you really want low requirements, I suggest Populous the Beginning or Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive. The latter is on GOG and is simply fantastic, albeit quite hard but that is lessened somewhat by the quickload being as fast as a bullet.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire, for some RPG fun. (Both on Steam btw)
Warcraft 3 and expansions are also excellent and well worth a play through.
The Witcher is also worth a look, though it takes some getting into it has an excellent story, well worth the time.

Oh, and see if you can track down a copy of Dungeon Keeper or Dungeon Keeper 2. I know GoG is selling one of em, though I forget which. Those games are EPIC fun.

Apr 28, 2008
Browse through GoG [http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/] for stuff.

I recommend MDK 2, Freespace 2, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, and Beyond Good and Evil.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
SINS OF A SOLAR EMPIRE! Seriously, that game is freaking gorgeous. I always ended up losing my firs couple of games because I kept getting distracted by the awesome spaceships, even on the low settings.

PatSilverFox

Apr 2, 2011
universaltraveller said:
thenumberthirteen said:
I take it you've seen the film "Wargames".
Ohh yes... Classic. Though last time I watched it I got dumped, which kind of ruined the film for me that time. haha
Wargames?
You mean tic-tac-toe?
Yeah that's great!
x3

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
Hahaha, those are 'low' specs? That's a very decent PC. I was already thinking along the lines of 2Ghz core max.

Anyway, I strongly recommend Torchlight. Absolutely one of the most addicting games I've played recently and your PC can easily handle it.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
VVVVVV
Eversion
Super Meat Boy
Braid (using commands to lower resolution, enable half rendering, etc.)
Cave Story
Minecraft