Recommend me tasteful music

mafia690

Sep 29, 2010
If your at all into electronic, I'd try Sound Tribe Sector 9, or Future Rock. I've been getting in to them a lot lately.

Feb 3, 2009
Talking Heads.

The National.

Arcade Fire.

My Bloody Valentine.

These are the only bands I seem to be listening to these days, check out My Bloody Valentines "Loveless"

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
My time to shine

Said The Whale is pretty damn great

Henry Clay People - You Can Be Timeless. Shame its not on youtube, great song with great lyrics.

And Finally

Cake is a great band, great lyrics, great everything.

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
Shit double post.

I'll just have to add another to make this not look as much of a failure.

One of them songs I'll never stop liking my entire life. That's the case with most of the songs I listen to by The Clash

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Classy, you say?

I love Procol Harum, personally. Great lyrics, and the instrumental section is a bit heavy in the piano department, which I love. Also try this one by them...

Then again, they have some silly songs, and some good rockers... a good band all around.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
given how different some of those bands/musicians/artists(whichever term you care to use since i use them all) i will just link you to my library of music I have on last.fm. ALMOST all of it I would consider fairly tasteful. Few bands here and there *cough I'm looking at you Jedi Mind Tricks cough* that aren't but...my musical taste tends to be eclectic(according to my friends, I prefer musically diverse). And no that is not all I listen to. I listen to a lot of video game music and such. Being that I just got my laptop I am currently importing my old library on itunes as well as adding swing, jazz, classical, and a few other genres that I believe are not in my library. So without further ado: Linkage:
http://www.last.fm/user/aprilmarie42/library

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Mr Somewhere said:
garjian said:
Oh I'm fine without lyrics, but as I've said, if there are any lyrics, I like them to be of a certain quality, otherwise I usually find the music becomes an irritant. It's a pet peeve. Of course the lyrics can be minimalistic and still strong. I mustn't have been clear. I'm much more open than my initial post may seem.
then maybe i can help...
what about stuff like this?
possibly even stuff like this?
mmm... maybe not :/

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Never heard any of the bands you listed, so I can't really say I got something simular. I have however been listening to Electric Six constantly for the past week(in spite of being a dumb metalhead) and I find them awesome. Recomend the album Fire, which both of the songs below are on.
Might not be very tasteful however, since most songs seems to be about "love"...

Not their official video, but that asian guy is just teh sex.

Here's an official video at least.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
THERE'S A STAAAARMAAAAN WAITING IN THE SKY...

Okay I won't sing.

Umm. Volbeat has good songs, Coldbeat has awesome songs too. The Who, Beatles, Queen, basically all the rock'n'roll stars. Elton John as well, Eric Clapton...

My personal favorites. All of those songs are worth listening to for the music and the lyrics as well.

Shark Wrangler said:
Easy choices.
1. Jimmy Hendrix
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Pink Floyd
4. Canned Heat
5. Oingo Boingo
6. Bad Company
7. Johnny Cash
8. The Who
9. The Rolling Stones
10. Rush
11. CCR
12. The Beatles
13. Supertramp
14. Lynyrd Skynyrd
This be some damn good list. Apart from Oingo Boingo and Canned Heat (which I never listened to, so I can't judge), all awesome.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Something Different; They always said I was different.
Tasteful; Yes these oreos are quite tasty!
Thoughtful; It was thoughtful of me to get them.
Moving; is it really nessisary¿

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
If you want deep, go look at Demon Days and Plastic Beach by the Gorillaz. If you want thought-movingly sad but deep then listen to Human After All by Daft Punk.

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
here are some of my favorite albums that seem to fit in sound wise with those you mentioned (if not genre wise).

Pink Moon- Nick Drake 1972 island records (because i'm posting it on every music thread because its brilliant- Ethereal minimalist folk)

Harvest-Niel Young 1972 Reprise records (this album has no real weakness and any tracks stands on its own as a single despite poor chart performance- Country influenced Seventies soft rock)

Cheap Thrills- Big Brother and the Holding company 1968 Columbia records ( Janis joplin has never sounded better than on this album, the cover art was done by robert crumb- grainy heart wrenchin power blues)

Horses- Patti Smith 1975 Arista records (?)(this is punk like you never heard before throught the eye of a charismatic female punk- Poetic punk with psychadelic influence particuarly the Doors)

Third- Portishead 2008 island records (people will say its dance but its sounds like sprawling folk this is the only album i bought precisely the moment after i heard it)

of course if your not into listening to whole albums ignore me.