Recommend some Genesis games

Birdman1604

Sep 3, 2009
I recently picked up a sega genesis for cheap and I'd like to find out what I was missing during my Nintendo dominated childhood. All I really have in mind is finding a copy of battletoads (I think I played it at a friends place once) so I could use some more titles for a shopping list.

undyingdh777

Red Lantern
Jun 25, 2008
Sonic The Hedgehog (as well as 2, 3, &Knuckles) also, Ecco the Dolhpin, and if you can find the 7up Cool Spot game, GO FOR IT

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
COLUMNS!!!!! I played that for about 2 hours straight the other night. Got up to Level 150 something.

MimsySnark

Cat's Meow
Jan 18, 2010
Well, I had a Sega Genesis, but I was really in a Nintendo-dominated home. The only games I ever had for the Genesis were Sonic 2 & 3, but they were a blast, and the only Sega-exclusive titles that seem worth it.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
If you get nothing else, be sure to pick up Ristar. Also, all of the Sonic games are good (1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, Spinball, 3D Blast...). And Ecco the Dolphin rocks.

Oh, and Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition, that one's pretty cool (and better than the first one). Also, Streets of Rage 2. And Cool Spot is worth a look. Same with Aladdin.

Doomsdaylee said:
Dynamite Heady. It's DY-NO-MYTE!! *Is shot*
And this. Dear god, this.

Puregrrr

Nov 21, 2009
Toejam & Earl. It is a very strange game and the pacing is a bit slow. However, it was one of my favorites.

darktheif28

Nov 11, 2008
Golden Axe, the Sonic's, Dynamite Heady, Shadowrun, and Streets of Rage are must have genesis games.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Shining Force! I loved that game to death! I'm not one to like wrestling games, but WWF Royal Rumble is also worth mentioning.