Recommend some PS2 Titles

Elonas

Apr 16, 2009
Okami, God of War 1/2, Shadow of the Collossus, ICO... Those are the few I can remember off the top of my head. Gogo buy em!

Exnotime

Mar 7, 2010
im suprised that noone has recomended God of War 1 and 2 yet. also checking up Black is also not a bad idea.

edit: dammit ninjad!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
666Chaos said:
GonzoGamer said:
Katamari Damacy (and We love Katamari)
i love you man, have you played the one for the ps3 its just as messed up as the others.
I got it when it launched. It was my 4/20 game this year.
I like the new mode types like the sponge katamari.

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
If you can find them Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant. Not the third one though. Its bad.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.
Colosseum: Road to Freedom.
Shadow of Rome.
Shadow o' The Collosus.
God of War 1 & 2.
Resident Evil 4.

Durxom

May 12, 2009
RAD (or Robot Alchemic Drive)....it's somewhat of a hidden PS2 gem. The voice acting in the game is terrible....but you get to fight with GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS...there's even a 2-player versus mode.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Kouen said:
Well my PS2 Slim came in and had some games but im looking for some recommendations of games I should look out for at my gamestop and ebay.

I Like most games except Sport games (except racing), Poker, Strategy and scream down a mic thinking you sound like Phil Collins (+1 Rep if anyone guesses the game I mean)

I've got a bunch of these that ill drag to my local gamestop and trade in hopefully will get me at least 1 game that id deem playable!

The Games I own are

The Thing
Twisted Metal: Black Online
True Crime: New York City
Gun
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Riding Spirits 2
Gladiator Sword of Vengeance
Tourist Trophy - The Real Riding Simulator (Yea Motorbike version of GT made by same ppl)
Medal of Honor: Frontline

I Really dont mind JRPG's or WRPG's, I Love FPS, Survival Horror and Racing but Ill give anything as long as it aint the types Ive mentioned.

So people, Can you recommend me games?
FPS:

Black
Timesplitters 2
Timesplitters Future Perfect
007: Nightfire

Third Person Action:

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Zone Of Enders 1+2
Devil May Cry 1-3
God Of War 1+2
S.L.A.I
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex

JRPG:

Digital Devil Saga 1+2
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Tales Of The Abyss
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From The New World

These are some of the games I have really loved for the system. The PS2 library is massive, and I'm still finding good games for the system to this day. I'd give some of these a try, but I would also go to your local game store and browse their PS2 stock looking for anything that looks good. Most PS2 games are really cheap and since Gamestop has a 7-day return policy on used games, you can afford to buy a couple and give some random games a try. That's how I discovered some of my all time favorites.

LadyCatra

Princess TLDR
Nov 20, 2009
A fogotten gem for sure: Just for the uniqueness and fun of the game - check out Psychonauts

Check out Zero Punctuation: Psychonauts for the review as well. It's a fantastic, just enjoyable game!

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I find Red Faction 1 and 2 worht haveing and
Full Spectrum Warrior

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
Canis Canem Edit (or if your American: Bully)
Prince of Persia trilogy
Resident Evil 4
GTA: Vice City
Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Syberia (beautiful adventure game, recommended for any fan of Dreamfall/TLJ series)

Deus Ex: The Conspiracy (port from the PC of the classic stealth-FPS-adventure)

Psychonauts (stunning platform adventure, known to any Zero Punctuation fan)

Beyond Good and Evil (innovative platform adventure, also should be known to ZP fans)

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Take a look at Front Mission

Oh and the guys that put SOTC down are correct. Thats it.