Recurring themes in your dreams

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
This came to me a few nights ago when I had a dream about confronting my ex. For some reason I can't quite remember, my gums started to get really swollen and my teeth fell out. My teeth falling out seems to be a running theme if I'm having a particularly stressful dream. Doesn't necessarily have to be a nightmare, just stressful. Anyone else have recurring themes like this when you have a certain type of dream?

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Something always seems to be wrong with my body in any dream. Im either bleeding, falling apart, or my limbs have been replaced. And thats in the good dreams as well as nightmares.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
2 things I've noticed recurring in my dreams.

1. Not being able to speak out loud. If I do it wakes me up.

2. Masturbating in places I shouldn't such as classrooms during lessons.

I think their is something wrong with my mind.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Very vivid dreams of zombies have woken me up a few times this month. It's been some time since my last dream like that, but I'm sure there's another one in the near future. It's just so damn eerie how real they all seem... *shudder*

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Well, for the past few times before marching band competitions, I've had dreams where I forget everything relating to my show, and then something involving non-humans gets involved (Aliens, Ants, and Yetis, oh my!)

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Well, last night's dream was mind numbing. Try listening to three Billy Joel songs at the same time, all night, in your dream. Over and over again. Then waking up to one of the songs stuck in your head.

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
I usually dream of places I have been to in the past, but populated by people I did not know at the time. For example, I'm at my old elementary school, hanging out with my friends from high school and university.

Anyone here into lucid dreaming, by the way?

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
I keep having dreams where I'm in a car being chased by someone, and I'm not driving, so I'm panicking and stuff.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Driving a van off a skyscraper for some odd reason. And when I look back on the skyscraper, I see a figure. Then I wake up.
Magicmad5511 said:
1. Not being able to speak out loud. If I do it wakes me up.
Huh, so I am not the only one...

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Rin Little said:
This came to me a few nights ago when I had a dream about confronting my ex. For some reason I can't quite remember, my gums started to get really swollen and my teeth fell out. My teeth falling out seems to be a running theme if I'm having a particularly stressful dream. Doesn't necessarily have to be a nightmare, just stressful. Anyone else have recurring themes like this when you have a certain type of dream?
I don't usually have a recurring trend in my dreams. The only one I can think of are guns, which are usually present in my dreams, even if there's no reason. Like when I was attending a party for Sarah Palin in my dream (This happened last month, oddly enough)

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
The falling one that freaks me out, the running one and yelling one....

Either something is really wrong or i'm really stressed about nothing...

jamart

Feb 16, 2011
i've often had teeth fall out in dreams :/

the 0ther night i had a dream where I had a pet dog (I dont) and got attacked by a fox :/ that was even weirder as it had a combo of waking dream and sleep paralysis.
not pleasant but i was aware it was a dream, negating some of its AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH factor

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
A reoccuring theme in my dreams is runing away from someone or something.

In dreams, that something is usually just a person I don't want to talk to.
One dream, I wasn't running, but I was climbing up a steep hill to get away from my step dad (I don't have a step dad in real life)

In nightmares, I'm always running away from a supernatural entity: The girl from the ring, Death, vampires, the Devil, etc.

coblen

Nov 18, 2009
I lose my teeth often. The break apart, and my mouth is full of gravely bits of teeth that I spit out over and over again. Many times there are new sharper teeth underneath, and I will be left with no molars and only fangs. I have this dream about once or twice a month. The dream is not always the same but the losing teeth is.

Once I had a king straighten my teeth with several sheets of metal spring loaded to yank my teeth into place. I could feel all my teeth being torn into place, and it was surprisingly agonizing for a dream.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
One major thing I've noticed is that for some reason I don't talk, and it seems like everyone in my dreams know that I can't, which is very odd to me.

Another thing I've noticed is that I'm always getting hurt. I know a couple times I've woken up from a dream and felt that injury as like a very dull pain.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
My dreams, good or bad, always seem to center around myself having a large impact on the world, I'm the protagonist of the story (as redundant as that sounds) opposed to being a small player.
I suppose that makes sense considering my distain for not having a voice in conflicts

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I can't run in my dreams. Doesn't matter what dream, I just can't run, no matter how hard I try. I could be running toward something, I could be running for my life, doesn't matter, my subconscience simply will not allow me to run as fast as I can in real life. Maybe it's my subconscience's way of saying that I'm limiting myself in some way, I don't know. In any case, I hate it.