Red Faction Movie Coming to Syfy

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I don't have a lot of faith when it comes to the SciFi Saturday movies. They're all usually pretty bad, and I can't stand to sit through most of them. If it was given the care and attention of shows like Eureka, StarGate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe, or any of their Battlestar series, it might be genuinely good. As to what sort of story it would have, uh... I dunno? Something about Mars, right?

dehawaiiansupaman

Jan 2, 2008
I don't really have much faith in Syfy (stupid name) movies. All of their in house movies are low budget and absolute crap (and not the really bad but hilarious kind either). I would feel better if they did one of their short mini series for it instead, since Battlestar was a mini series before becoming a full fledged series. The mini series productions are usually way better than their movies.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
Ugh... Guerilla was so bland, I don't even want to look at this series anymore, and they want to make a movie? FML.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Another movie based of video gaming? Hmm, I hope gaming and cinema/television culture don't get too integrated. I don't want to see Hillary Duff or the Jonas Brothers in my next big budget FPS.
Why not? They would make great practice targets.

*topic* My opinion on the Red Faction movie and what it will do to the little credibility it has: