Rejection

SCAFC Chimp

Jan 6, 2010
We've all been through it, we all know the pain. What do you, my fellow Escapers (not sure about the actual term for this) do to dull that pain?
For me, its some chilled music and games. Chatting to mates can also help a lot.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I always binge for a couple of minutes, then I just say....

IN GOES THE N64!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EalwMMZfd0U

My four favorite characters, actually. Mainly I use Link or Captain Falcon, but sometimes I'll play as Ness.

I just feel infinitely better after I've played some of that game.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
i usually play Music from Two Steps From Hell or something orchestral. Play a little video games, something that im good at and mostly win, losing just makes me feel more bitter and i cant play it anymore. I dont talk to friends, not really my thing. What i mostly do is just retreat into my own mind for a while, daydreaming about a myraid of utter crap while doing a lot of pacing forwards and backwards across my room, i've just about worn a path into the floor boards. :p

Blondi3

Sep 12, 2008
Pandalisk said:
i usually play Music from Two Steps From Hell or something orchestral. Play a little video games, something that im good at and mostly win, losing just makes me feel more bitter and i cant play it anymore. I dont talk to friends, not really my thing. What i mostly do is just retreat into my own mind for a while, daydreaming about a myraid of utter crap while doing a lot of pacing forwards and backwards across my room, i've just about worn a path into the floor boards. :p
Uhhh this except I actually talk to some close friends. Are you my long lost twin?

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Nothing.
I just wallow in my sorrows, eat a lot, sleep a lot, be generally antisocial; then come across something that makes me feel alright again.

Well, that's what I used to do. Now I just do my best to chin up:]

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Blondi3 said:
Pandalisk said:
Uhhh this except I actually talk to some close friends. Are you my long lost twin?
Our mother is a whore, so probably!

EDIT: oh by the way, im already a twin, SO WERE ACTUALLY TRIPLETS! this changes everything.

Blondi3

Sep 12, 2008
Pandalisk said:
Blondi3 said:
Pandalisk said:

EDIT: oh by the way, im already a twin, SO WERE ACTUALLY TRIPLETS! this changes everything.
Holy crap! Let's band together and take over the world. No one will see this coming.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Blondi3 said:
Pandalisk said:
Blondi3 said:
Pandalisk said:

Holy crap! Let's band together and take over the world. No one will see this coming.
Dont get ahead of yourself man, taking over the world is the easy part, we'll have to *ahem* Deal with those Octoplets of "octo-mom" lest they grow up to challenge our dominion.
It'll have to be done carefully and correctly, i dont wont this turning into a whole "Moses" escapade multiplied by eight

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
SCAFC Chimp said:
We've all been through it, we all know the pain.
Nope, never been rejected. I find that not asking is a good way to avoid this entire fiasco of rejection.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
I mull it over until it gets overbearing, have a meltdown, compose myself, and watch a movie or play an especially engrossing game. Works like a charm every time.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I stem the pain of rejection by taking another shot and hitting on the next thing that passes by.

What? I learned long ago not to take rejection personally. At least on that level. Becoming very close with someone only to be spurned can be a bit of a bummer, but hey, there is always more alcohol.

RanD00M said:
SCAFC Chimp said:
We've all been through it, we all know the pain.
Nope, never been rejected. I find that not asking is a good way to avoid this entire fiasco of rejection.
Do it. Put yourself out there. Get rejected a few times. Then a few more. You stop caring so much at some point, then it becomes as easy as "Can I buy you a drink/ Wanna dance/ Can I get your number?" "No." "Okay"

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Booze. I might get done for a low content post for just saying that, though, so I'll add: Motorhead and "Mother's Daughter" by Santana.