Rejection

KILGAZOR

Magnificent Retard
Dec 27, 2010
Like they say: All of life's problems can be solved with murder which create new problems that can be solved with murder. Wait what

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I erm, I actually don't know what its like to be rejected :O I mean, i've been dumped, but we were friends after, its just the relationship wasn't working out.

Damn, i'm going to ask someone way out of my league for a shag tomorrow (today).

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Like girl. Get rejected. Go pub with friends. Discuss with friends about how it's her loss. Man up and move on. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
I go to the only friend I can count on to cheer me up when I'm in that low. Whenever I get rejected or go through a break up, she cracks jokes for me. Little does she know that while she isn't the girl I'm in love with, she's the only girl I'd actually want to have sex with. Awkward.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I just watch Umineko No Naku Kuro Ni again or replay one of the Phoenix Wright games, they always cheer me up

Not that i've had many chances for rejection anyway due to my sheer awesomeness!

[sub] Note that the above statement may or may not be slightly embellished[/sub]

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I've never been rejected, because I've never built up enough courage to ask a girl out.

Here's a typical scenario that plays out in my head, when I see a girl I like.

"Well she's nice, maybe I should go talk to her."

"Wait what if she says no?"

"She won't."

(Pauses to think) "Yeah she will, she's far to pretty to even consider going out with a guy like me and besides I've got about as much confidence as Eeyore (Probably didn't spell that right) from Winnie the Pooh.

"I guess I'll just move on."

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I tend to avoid situations where i am at risk of rejection, such as asking out a girl i think is far too good for me etc. It's called Avoidant Personality.

Flishiz

Feb 11, 2009
I used to have problems with asking out girls, and a little of it lingers in a helpful kind of way. As a result, even if I do and get rejected, I'm still internally more glad for having tried than for not trying at all. It also gives a chance either way to try out what one could ostensibly call "moves."

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Read one of my favorite books (Scotty P, something by Pratchett) or listen to something by Weezer, Green Day. Oh and booze, lots of booze.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
I would probably drink, but I've never experienced 'rejection.'

Sure, I've been rejected from things, but most of the time I just say "fuck it" and move on; I almost always hedge my bets so I have a backup plan anyway. When the contingencies fail, I experience frustration instead, which I deal with in a number of ways depending on how plausible it is to achieve a favorable solution (if no favorable solution is available, yeah, usually default to drink and really, really good food).

Womplord

Feb 14, 2010
FirstToStrike said:
I always binge for a couple of minutes, then I just say....

IN GOES THE N64!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EalwMMZfd0U

My four favorite characters, actually. Mainly I use Link or Captain Falcon, but sometimes I'll play as Ness.

I just feel infinitely better after I've played some of that game.
Holy crap! I do exactly the same thing, but on project 64. I try to beat 3 level 9 computers on a team against me, and turn the sound down and play music in the background.

Nov 18, 2010
Aylaine said:
SCAFC Chimp said:
We've all been through it, we all know the pain. What do you, my fellow Escapers (not sure about the actual term for this) do to dull that pain?
For me, its some chilled music and games. Chatting to mates can also help a lot.
I accept that I was rejected, put a smile on and move forward? That person may be nice, attractive, or unique, but no means no. Also, there are plenty of other people out there I could be pursuing and wasting time being all hung up on rejection doesn't seem smart to me knowing that. :)
I wish I had your optimism, but being 0 for 10 for even getting a first date is taking its toll on what confidence I have and makes me start thinking that I'll always be alone. The thing is, I don't just go asking out girls just because of their looks (the one time I did, she way OVERREACTED by slapping me and kicking me in the crotch in the middle of school), so I don't think I'd ever be the type to go to bars to hit on girls. I try to get to know them a bit for their personalities and interests to see if we'd be at least a bit compatible. The few times I actually find these type of women they're either already in a relationship, genuinely not interested in dating at the time, or pull the "friend's zone" bullshit. It doesn't help that I'm dense when it comes to reading body language, so if any women have been subtly flirting with me, they're waiting for me to make the first move and I blow it.

OT: Probably sulk a bit more than most people and play some mind-numbingly violent games to dull the pain. I don't have any friends close enough to help me sort out my messed-up emotions unfortunatly.