Release Date and Pricing Plan for Star Wars: The Old Republic Finally Announced

Craazhy

Tic-Tock and Crash
Aug 22, 2009
Winter is already my favorite season, this just make it better. Just wish they would tell us when Early Access starts.

Also, not sayin' anything, I'm just sayin' if anyone had been a member of the SW:TOR Escapist group, they would have known this two days ago.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-SW-TOR

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
Good Lord, it certaintly didnt take long for hate to start spilling out of this article, did it? Seven posts into the article, someone was already insulting someone else's opinions. MMO players, stay classy.

(Oh, and Ill be playing TOR.)

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
To be on par with a subscription based game, a player would have to pay more than $15/month for items/services in a F2P game(technical they are not free.)

Jun 11, 2008
I don't think I'll be playing this with those subs. I really don't care if they are the industry standard they are way too high for just running servers among other things at least for me it is. Other people are more than welcome to pay those subs but I will not be paying them.

Baldr said:
To be on par with a subscription based game, a player would have to pay more than $15/month for items/services in a F2P game(technical they are not free.)
Which is why they are called F2P not F2R. Do you really think all of that 15/months goes or is even needed to go into making a good MMO? If you do that is fine but there are other ways of doing it and other games seem to fine on micro transactions and not all of them are balancing ruining ones.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
erztez said:
MajorDolphin said:
Game releases on the 20th of December.

First "the endgame sucks" post appears on the 29 hours later by some no life rushtard.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. This is going to be an EA Origin spyware title. No thanks. I'll pass.
Actually, afaik, TOR doesn't use Origin other than for distributing its digital version.
So, if you buy a boxed copy, you Origin should never touch your drive.

Also, known spyware(Origin, Steam, whatever) ---> Sandbox.
I just don't see the problem.
I avoid Steam as well.

As long as Origin isn't required then I may consider it. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

animehermit said:
I don't think so, and I certainly hope the community squashes this type of behavior. People are going to be (at least they should be) playing the game for the story, if someone rushes through it that fast I sure hope the community calls them out for being the fuckwit that rushed through the story.

ALSO: as a previous poster pointed out, Origin is only used for digital distribution. You don't need Origin to download, patch, or play SWTOR.
It just seems to be the nature of the beast. There are those types of players that rush through MMOs just to say "first!!!" like its some special ed convention on youtube. Then they wonder why there isn't anything to do and why it takes forever to find a PvP match or Raid. :D

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
animehermit said:
MajorDolphin said:
Game releases on the 20th of December.

First "the endgame sucks" post appears on the 29 hours later by some no life rushtard.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. This is going to be an EA Origin spyware title. No thanks. I'll pass.
I don't think so, and I certainly hope the community squashes this type of behavior. People are going to be (at least they should be) playing the game for the story, if someone rushes through it that fast I sure hope the community calls them out for being the fuckwit that rushed through the story.

ALSO: as a previous poster pointed out, Origin is only used for digital distribution. You don't need Origin to download, patch, or play SWTOR.
Ahaha~ I wonder how the powerlevellers will react when they find out you can't skip dialogue in this game.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
FelixG said:
manythings said:
Sonic Doctor said:
FelixG said:
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Besides, it's BIOWARE guys.
Bioware also gave us DA2. I was in the "They can do no wrong!" boat before they released that steamer.
Yeah it was clearly unplayable and killed women and children.
Im sorry, when Bioware releases gems like KOTOR, Mass effect, and Dragon Age 1, when DA2 reuses environment has randomly spawning enemy waves that make no sense, and a crappy story, yes it is quite a shock and I couldn't finish the damn game because it was so annoying.
No, every single enemy spawns in the same pattern every time, you learn things like that when you play a game and assess the whole product. I also don't get how any didn't make sense since ambush killing is kind of a thing you aim for. Uninformed opinion is uninformed.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
FelixG said:
manythings said:
FelixG said:
manythings said:
Sonic Doctor said:
FelixG said:
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Besides, it's BIOWARE guys.
Bioware also gave us DA2. I was in the "They can do no wrong!" boat before they released that steamer.
Yeah it was clearly unplayable and killed women and children.
Im sorry, when Bioware releases gems like KOTOR, Mass effect, and Dragon Age 1, when DA2 reuses environment has randomly spawning enemy waves that make no sense, and a crappy story, yes it is quite a shock and I couldn't finish the damn game because it was so annoying.
No, every single enemy spawns in the same pattern every time, you learn things like that when you play a game and assess the whole product. I also don't get how any didn't make sense since ambush killing is kind of a thing you aim for. Uninformed opinion is uninformed.
I am talking about how you are going after, say, two guards, then a dozen more come spawning out.

And an ambush now and then is fine, but every...single...fight... is retarded. And I notice you call me uninformed yet you have no ready excuse for them reusing the same few enviroments over, and over, and over.

DA2 was a stain on an otherwise very impressive record.
I know they reused the environments and I'm going to guess given a choice between making new caves and getting important things to work, like everything else, they said fuck caves let's finish something better. I'm sure your enemy is usually looking to give you a fair fight and not kill you with minimal risk.

You are uninformed. You might as well critique a book because you read that whole first bit and it was no good. Play the full game then you can make judgements or stop bitching about a something you haven't fully dealt with.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
animehermit said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
Ahaha~ I wonder how the powerlevellers will react when they find out you can't skip dialogue in this game.
By hitting the space bar you can skip to cut scenes.
I've got assurances from people currently playing beta that you can't in TOR. So hey~

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Pricing is not bad, although I would have expected something cheaper to try to win the competition over.

What really puzzles me is the release date... Far too close to holidays to be considered a Christmas present; they are only 4 days ahead of the busiest commercial day of the year.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
animehermit said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
animehermit said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
By hitting the space bar you can skip to cut scenes.
I've got assurances from people currently playing beta that you can't in TOR. So hey~
It skips to the next sentence, so if you mash the space bar, you can skip to the next time you have a dialog option, I've personally seen this feature when I played the game earlier this year at a convention.
That's probably there especially because demos at conventions are very limited in time. My friends in beta tell me you can't skip any single sentence. And I certainly hope that doesn't change before launch. If you don't like story in a story driven game, simply don't buy it.

Or at the very least dialogue in multiplayer conversations shouldn't be skippable.