Reliable Source: Inside the Crisis at Infinity Ward

Primus1985

New member
Dec 24, 2009
300
0
0
Was any of that true or complete BS? I thought EA was bad but I will kick activision's ass if they think they can get away hostile takeovers.
 

Estocavio

New member
Aug 5, 2009
1,372
0
0
It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way
 

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
2,346
0
0
Marion Cox said:
I was unwittingly pushed out of the building by my savior, a Mexican guy whose nametag read, "Jesus."
That was hilarious. Thanks for starting my morning off nicely, even though now I wish I had a hashbrown-wich.
 

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
5,231
0
0
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way
You can't honestly believe any of that was true, lol
 

UtopiaV1

New member
Feb 8, 2009
493
0
0
That was brilliant. These articles are both a clever satire of the games industry, and gripping comedy-fiction to the tune of a Cracked.com article.

Short and sweet (like my penis) and hilarious as hell (like my penis). Keep em comin man!
 

Estocavio

New member
Aug 5, 2009
1,372
0
0
danpascooch said:
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way
You can't honestly believe any of that was true, lol
Well if it is Infinity Ward - They make sets of games about that kinda stuff, maybe they wanted to see how people actually responded to stressful situations... If that isnt the case, then that Mailer has a good imagination... or whoever wrote it
Nice avatar btw
 

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
5,231
0
0
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
danpascooch said:
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way
You can't honestly believe any of that was true, lol
Well if it is Infinity Ward - They make sets of games about that kinda stuff, maybe they wanted to see how people actually responded to stressful situations... If that isnt the case, then that Mailer has a good imagination... or whoever wrote it
Nice avatar btw
You have got to be kidding, do you have any idea whatsoever how illegal that would be, like, any idea at all
 

Estocavio

New member
Aug 5, 2009
1,372
0
0
danpascooch said:
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
danpascooch said:
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way
You can't honestly believe any of that was true, lol
Well if it is Infinity Ward - They make sets of games about that kinda stuff, maybe they wanted to see how people actually responded to stressful situations... If that isnt the case, then that Mailer has a good imagination... or whoever wrote it
Nice avatar btw
You have got to be kidding, do you have any idea whatsoever how illegal that would be, like, any idea at all
I know - Its a funny thought if you visualise it though
 

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
5,231
0
0
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
danpascooch said:
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
danpascooch said:
xI Kinshasa Ix said:
It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way
You can't honestly believe any of that was true, lol
Well if it is Infinity Ward - They make sets of games about that kinda stuff, maybe they wanted to see how people actually responded to stressful situations... If that isnt the case, then that Mailer has a good imagination... or whoever wrote it
Nice avatar btw
You have got to be kidding, do you have any idea whatsoever how illegal that would be, like, any idea at all
I know - Its a funny thought if you visualise it though
well yeah, that's the point of the article
 

derek_smart

New member
Oct 15, 2009
14
0
0
This has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. Good job Marion.

Gawd, I laughed until cried. Then I read it again, laughed some more, cried a little. Then I hugged my iPad.
 

Space Jawa

New member
Feb 2, 2010
551
0
0
Therumancer said:
Brilliant, hiding the truth in an internet humor piece to avoid the attention of EA was a great move.
'Hiding the truth'? I thought it was suppose to be a piece of satire poking fun at the whole "Activision is evilz! Everything about this mess is their fault!" and "Poor Infinity Ward, I can't believe how oppressed they've been over there! They couldn't possibly be in the wrong whatsoever!" schtick that seems to be the conventional wisdom about the situation.
 

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
688
0
0
I especially loved the bit where Kotick puts his gun to his head and starts sobbing. That image will always put me in a good mood now.

Nice article, Marion!
 

The_ModeRazor

New member
Jul 29, 2009
2,837
0
0
That's about the most believable thing I've read from Marion Cox.
Although to be honest, I expected Bobby Kotick to just bomb the whole building.
Hell, the whole city. Then erase it from history, 1984 style.
 

ThreeKneeNick

New member
Aug 4, 2009
741
0
0
Is this an invitation to your loyal fans to send you more e-mail? You know, make your mornings prettier. I think i shall do a good deed and send you a couple, or more.
 

Marion Cox

New member
Sep 29, 2009
146
0
0
This story is outlandish and innacurate to a laughbale degree. We ALL know that Kotick's goons use SCAR-Hs. It's a lucky thing they only use the heardbeat sensors when they attack EA becuase if they were this brave source would be dead.

I can only assume these innacuracies form a hidden code to those in the know and those who can protect their thoughts with the right headware. We shall work tirelessly until this threat to the gameashpere is fragged where it can never respawn!