Reliable Source: Inside the Crisis at Infinity Ward

thatcanadianguy

Feb 15, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
This story is outlandish and innacurate to a laughbale degree. We ALL know that Kotick's goons use SCAR-Hs. It's a lucky thing they only use the heardbeat sensors when they attack EA becuase if they were this brave source would be dead. !

nah that wouldn't work. see, in order for those to work you actually need a heart.. and well.. game developers just dont have any heart. or soul. or creativity anymore.

HuntrRose

Apr 28, 2009
ColdStorage said:
Therumancer said:
Brilliant, hiding the truth in an internet humor piece to avoid the attention of EA was a great move.

I get the "joke" man, don't worry we Escapists will fix everything in the usual internet fashion: we'll start a petition and send it to Bobby Kotick. That will show him. Goons with machine guns are no match for petitions by anonymous internet nerds!
And to make sure he knows were serious we should boycott something, anything as long as we say its a boycott.
Pack it in with the Ubisoft boycott perhaps. That would REALLY show him!

GunboatDiplomat

Mar 23, 2009
Great article. There are unlikely to be many more artciles when it sounds like your cholesterol is higher than your MW kill count...

Silent Eagle

Mar 11, 2010
Marion Cox said:
Reliable Source: Inside the Crisis at Infinity Ward

Marion receives some information from a reliable source about what really happened with the Modern Warfare 2 studio.

Read Full Article
Wow all this trouble for a MW3 release date?
(storm the building) "Alright,when is Modern Warfare 3 coming out!?" (shoots the ceiling) "WHEN IS MODERN WARFARE 3 COMING OUT!!?" (swat guys leave the room) (programmer picks up the gun on the desk) "We can't tell'em,guys.. *sobs* We can't tell'em" (The swat guys eventually get what they came for and leave the premises) (guy crys under his desk for 10 hours) (then emails this publisher) The End :)

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
CoverYourHead said:
It's all coming together now...

Quite frankly, I blame today's violent video games.
Such as: http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/agegate.php

Hmm...
an entertaining read if nothing else...
Though if I had to guess... I'd say this is a fake.
"CODwhistleblower" a bit too obvious.
Also has signs of the usual religious claptrap that comes up in hoaxes like this... a janitor's nametag reading "Jesus"... really?

And there are a few holes with this guy's story, anyway...
why wasn't he forced to sign the non-disclosure agreement?

umm... even though others signed the agreement... if this were true, then such an agreement would be null and void precisely BECAUSE they had been forced to sign it. If they were afraid for their lives... well, ask the police for protective custody.

No one noticed this guy toppling his filing cabinet? No one heard it fall? Yeah right.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Whoa....

Whoa....

Whoa... goddamnit..

Back up here!

You honestly expect me to believe this?

Cause I simply don't....

No one, and I mean NO ONE, likes mozzarella.

Ca9ine

Jul 29, 2009
That was an amusing read.
Now, I myself am a Bobby Kotick want-to-hurter, but I'll take this article with a pinch of salt.