Reliable Source: Revenge, Sex on the Battlefield 2

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Gethsemani said:
So this is the story of a man ready to give up his personality to satisfy the woman he loved? When it is eventually revealed that he didn't give up his entire personality, she goes into a fit of rage, he ditches her to play the computer game the argument started over and they barely seem to try and work it out? Then, many years later he eventually grows at least enough of a spine to stand her up when they are about to make the same mistake again and she's looking away.

I am not entirely sure what the point with this entire story was. I can't find any message or moral in this story and it seems to be more about dysfunctional relationships than about nerdiness or games. If someone found a moral with it, please tell me.
The moral of the story is Bitches Be Crazy.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
That was an absolute joy to read. Why do I get the feeling he hasn't seen the last of that "B" yet? ^^

scornedbythenine

Nov 26, 2009
honestly... if she was trying to change you into something you were not and something she was as well for appearances... then she couldn't have been that great,
my condolences

R.I.P
Molyneux

lyfeindeyth

Jan 3, 2010
Cryo84R said:
Gethsemani said:
So this is the story of a man ready to give up his personality to satisfy the woman he loved? When it is eventually revealed that he didn't give up his entire personality, she goes into a fit of rage, he ditches her to play the computer game the argument started over and they barely seem to try and work it out? Then, many years later he eventually grows at least enough of a spine to stand her up when they are about to make the same mistake again and she's looking away.

I am not entirely sure what the point with this entire story was. I can't find any message or moral in this story and it seems to be more about dysfunctional relationships than about nerdiness or games. If someone found a moral with it, please tell me.
The moral of the story is Bitches Be Crazy.
That was pretty funny considering I was looking for an actual moral response... :D

Alex_P

All I really do is threadcrap
Mar 27, 2008
Gethsemani said:
Well, it's about dysfunctional relationships in terms that nerds and gamers can relate to, isn't it?

In this case, if you want to get something out of it, stop looking for the moral and just observe.

-- Alex

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Marion Cox, you are a genius, and if anything you have said here is true, a very very very unlucky genius.

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
I just remembered my initial thought on the title.
"Can love bloom on the battlefield?"

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I know there is a video game in this story...
But why is this on the escapist?

Go whine and write a book like normal divorcees.

ti11man21

Nov 1, 2009
AvauntVanguard said:
I know there is a video game in this story...
But why is this on the escapist?

Go whine and write a book like normal divorcees.
Shut up. Yeah, i said it beezy.

This was an incredibly interesting story first of all, and the main plot took place because of a videogame. Happy?

pitasgame

Sep 22, 2009
Loved the story! My husband is currently obsessed with MAG and well...I wouldn't push my luck, I know I would be replaced ;)
I'm also a HUGE gamer myself, so he's not worried about having to choose. I kind of felt sorry for her at the end of the story, but you know what...B MADE YOU THROW OUT COMICS MAN!!! She SOOO deserved that! COMICS!!

*gasp gasp* ok I'm calm now...

Great story, now let's not have that happen to other nerd collections, we must think of the collections :S

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Excellent. I actually like this one in comparison to the other articles you wrote. Much more interesting.

I wonder how much, if any of it, is true.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
oooh crap... that cerainly didn't give me a good impression of marriage. She really threw away all your games, miniatures and nerd-stuff?

I'm starting to think of that last line of Yahtzee's review of Sims 3, beginning: "All women are evil"...

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
Shit, maaan. Well that's what happens when one side tries to fulfill theirs dreams through someone else. Still, leaving her in the parking lot after boning her? Dang, it's hard not to put this "b" between "//".

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Wow

This is like an actually believable and non-cheesy version of the "Be Yourself" stories

Wow

Just...just Wow

What a B, though!

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
That was an interesting read.

Personally I prefer to live an uneventful and boring life - working 8 to 4, loving my girlfriend, doing chores, meeting friends on a regular basis and going to see relatives on a semi-regular basis. I'm very...comfortable...

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Before marriage:

drugs, gaming, "nerdery" etc.

After marriage:

no drugs, no games, no "nerdery"

What kind of a person changes like that? >.<

edit: On second thought, ma-aybe, just maybe, the aforementioned ex-wife and harpy was simply missing the romp with you so badly that she just had to errr, make your life miserable once more but get her way with it.

I'd be very amused if we get some sort of a reply from her in this thread, mind you, not from some imposter, attention wannabe, but from the real person :D