Relive the Magic of Harry Potter Years 1-4, Lego Style

Generator

May 8, 2009
rokkolpo said:
coxafloppin said:
I had one of the first harry potter games for the cube, it sucked.

This however looks like it could be fun. Still not gonna buy it mind.
i had the very first harry potter game for the playstation 1. (fun enough for me to complete it 10 times)
For me, too, that was a really fun game. The only fun Harry Potter game I'd ever played actually.

This looks promising enough. Harry Potter seems to go better with Legos than some of their more recent endeavors.

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
God damn it another LEGO game....good thing this one I wouldn't mind being in my collection. Harry Potter is like my guilty pleasure. Anyway, roll on LEGO Twilight...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm really not a fan of all these Lego Games, but they are fun at times, and Harry Potter does seem like a natural choice to have one.

Aug 25, 2009
So much of me wants to hate this game, but everything else is yelling at me to get it as soon as it comes out.

Alright, dammit, I love Harry Potter, and I love Lego, this is like melding Star Wars and Lego, and that was awesome.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
So much of me wants to hate this game, but everything else is yelling at me to get it as soon as it comes out.

Alright, dammit, I love Harry Potter, and I love Lego, this is like melding Star Wars and Lego, and that was awesome.
Pretty much copy and paste what MelasZepheos said.

Yeah, I know, not creative, but if someone said it better, why not just use that?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
marter said:
I'm really not a fan of all these Lego Games, but they are fun at times, and Harry Potter does seem like a natural choice to have one.
Yeah, I agree. Seems all big movie francise' get it eventually. Was only a matter of time!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
... Has there been a lego game so far not actually based on a line of toys?

Star Wars, Harry Potter, Spider-man, Indiana Jones etc... Have existed in lego form for years now...

Hmm. Look though a couple of lego catalogs from the last 10 years (ever since they started making licensed stuff), and I think you can guess what's coming.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
This is pretty much my entire childhood in convenient game form. Most definitely going to get it at some point.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Well it seems I'm one of the few who are absolutely fucking sick of Lego games. Nothing but a goddamn lazy cop-out if you ask me.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Oh LEGO, is there any intellectual property that you can't make unbelievibly cute while similtanously having a remarkably large amount of dark humor?

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
I'm surprised I didn't see this one coming, seeing as there's been a lego game for every lego related franchise in the past couple of years.

It looks promising, I lost interest in Harry Potter years ago, but the dark slapstick humour of Lego games might make it worth a punt...

DJPirtu said:
Is anybody else visioning a future, where Legos, as toys, are nearly all forgotten, lingering in the backs of some old folks and in their tales of the good old times, but Lego videogames live on, continuously parodying any and all popular mass media fanchises
Oh god I hope not. I grew up on Lego when I was a kid and I still love it to this day. Although I've had to get rid of most of it to move into Uni, I've still got my Lego Darth Vader and Stormtrooper key rings...

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
So it's a Re-Skinned Lego star wars?
Nothing wrong with that, but really, how far can you go with brawling and floating blocks?
Pretty damn far, apparently.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
well i liked the first lego star wars game, and had a hell of a difficult time playing the first harry potter game (damn PC controls >.<)

But seriously this seem really cool and it's probably worth at least one play through XD

The only lego game i don't like is Lego Rock Band

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I love the Lego games so will be buying this. Some of my best gaming memories are playing Lego Star Wars with my ex-girlfriend.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Jaredin said:
marter said:
Yeah, I agree. Seems all big movie francise' get it eventually. Was only a matter of time!
It's already had one. This'll be the second.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I'm sort of annoyed at myself for being interested in this.
The LEGO games kinda went to hell after Indiana Jones, but this....looks interesting.

I never thought I'd find myself in an instance where I don't want to pay attention to a game but can't stop doing so.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
I thought I would find this really camp. But then I started laughing at Ron and now I really want it. HOORAY IT COMES OUT FOR PS3. <333

Modab said:
I have figured it out! The Lego people will only do adventure games featuring music by John Williams! The series will continue to be popular with the releases of Lego Superman and Lego Jurassic Park, but will end after the commercial failures of Lego Home Alone and Lego Schindler's List.
(Epic first post, by the way.) That is an AMAZING coincidence. o___o
Also, I HATE JOHN WILLIAMS. I don't mind listening to his music, that stuff's pretty good. But they made me and the rest of the seniors in my school choir sing for Star Wars in Concert, and the score is in FREAKING 3/2, SWITCHING TO 3/4 IN A DIFFERENT KEY, AND THEN TO 2/4 AND THEN BACK TO 3/4. THE MAN IS A SADIST, I TELL YOU.