Remastered / Re-released Games - What would you want to see?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Auron said:
The right answer is Deus Ex, and preferably rendered on HR's engine the gameplay's been too dated for years now.
agreed! that, and system shock 2

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
The original Metal Gear Solid would be nice. It would be even nicer if it had up-to-date controls as well.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Vivace-Vivian said:
I'd love an HD MGS3.
Haven't you heard?

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX97I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362213991&sr=8-1&keywords=metal+gear+solid+hd+collection

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Most of the games mentioned so far, but I'll add the original Age of Empires and Age of Empires II, particularly AoE2. Those games were fucking awesome, I must have played the Barbarossa campaign a dozen times. Nothing quite as satisfying as watching a force of Teutonic Knights and crossbowmen burning down a hated enemy's last town center, and an HD remake would only improve the experience.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
tkioz said:
ompared to ME2 and ME3, gameplay wise it doesn't compare well.
Funny, I think it's much better.

The cool down system is better than ammo, although towards the end it's a touch broken with the infinite spam cannon mods you can fit. The powers had more options, exploring in the Mako was ace (anyone who says the handling was bad needs to shut up and learn to drive) and most importantly of all, no turret sections. Ah how I hate turret sections. I really missed the greater distinctions between classes too.

I'd quite like to see System Shock 2 in HD, although the Many could be quite... interesting full HD, maybe one to play on an empty stomach.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Oh yes, almost forgot. Okami.

The would be beautiful on a 2560x1600, even more so than it was in 480p.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Final fantasy 6 . Slap some shiny new current gen graphix on that beast And change absolutely nothing else .And i will not need another game , ever again

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
-GTA San Andreas (or Vice City). I straight up love those games but it hurts to replay it on current gen PCs
-Persona 4 (for 360 and PS3). I'm only a few hours in but I've loved every minute of it so far. It's better than most JRPGs this generation.
-Final Fantasy X and XII. I know SE is making FFX HD but they're taking forever. Using PCSX2 is the only way so far to play them in HD.

It's kinda odd that I'm already playing all of the above games in HD on my laptop... Hint hint developers.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Flashback but I would want it remade as it could benefit in story and gameplay from modern technology.

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
Warcraft III pretty much, my favorite game. I played it so much before, but I can't handle graphics anymore, I guess I'm not a true fan. Regardless, I consider it the greatest game of all time.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
System Shock 2 - Bring the graphics and physics up to today's standard. Have the sound recorded at a higher quality, but leave everything else exactly as it is and I'd joyfully pay full price for it. The game is still solid, but the dated graphics do take away from the horror atmosphere.

Fallout 1 and 2 - Included together because the changes needed are the same. Update the graphics, while keeping the same style, upgrade the user interface to stop being so godawful, and smooth out/remove the bugs and again, I'd happily pay full price.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Thief 1 and possibly 2(Haven't finished 1 yet) The gameplay it self is pretty modern. New coat of paint and removing some of the clunkiness from the controls and you're set to go.

Exius Xavarus said:
I would absolutely love to see a remastered Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

But not with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's style. I hate the style they used. >_>

[small]User was banned for: Enter The Konami Code On The Escapist. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/520.401227](Permanent)[/small]
Haha I did the konami Code and my browser is giving me a seisure

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Sectan said:
Thief 1 and possibly 2(Haven't finished 1 yet) The gameplay it self is pretty modern. New coat of paint and removing some of the clunkiness from the controls and you're set to go.

Exius Xavarus said:
I would absolutely love to see a remastered Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

But not with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's style. I hate the style they used. >_>

[small]User was banned for: Enter The Konami Code On The Escapist. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/520.401227](Permanent)[/small]
Haha I did the konami Code and my browser is giving me a seisure
Seizures are bad. No dying allowed. :{

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
I would like a console remastered collection of Vanillaware games: Princess Crown, Odin Sphere, and Oboro Muramasa. Muramasa is even getting a Vita re-release and Princess Crown got a PSP re-release.

Shadow-Phoenix said:
I'd love to see a remake of Metal Gear 1+2 and Metal Gear solid even though we have Twin snakes.
It is really weird that MGS HD Collection lacks Metal Gear Solid 1.