Remember the 90's?

AdhesiveTape

Aug 26, 2009
Stirrup pants! I had them! They were floral patterned! And scrunchies! And Bill Crosby sweaters!

People always give the eighties crap for having stupid styles, but I almost think that the nineties beat them in the stupid style department, just because the nineties should have known better. :\

Antzon

Sep 9, 2009
ae86gamer said:
AAAHH! Real Monsters! That show was awesome. It was weird, kinda creepy, and of course, filled with monsters. :]

Lol i got the VCD of an epi

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
Vlane said:
data_not_found said:
I hear so much about how the 90's were terrible from people, and I look back and I can't remember anything but awesome movies, awesome TV, and fun video games. My favorite movie from the 90's was The Pagemaster. It was the story of a kid who was trapped in a library come to life and had to go through all the different genres to get to the exit. It was awesome and I haven't heard about or seen it anywhere until I was looking at an actor's filmography and saw it. Escapists, do you have anything from the 90's that you loved but the world seems to have forgotten about?

Edit: Don't just say Matrix or Jurassic Park because everyone remembers those. Remember, what everybody else has forgotten, m'kay?
The Nostalgia Critic did a review on The Pagemaster. You might wanna check it out if you liked the movie. Here is the link:
Army of Darkness was made in the 90's so that, since it's Bruce Campbell kicking some ass.
As opposed to a film where he doesn't? :S Does that exist?
Silly me.

Army of Darkness was made in the 90's so that, since it has Bruce Campbell in it.

Deadarm

Sep 8, 2008
ae86gamer said:
AAAHH! Real Monsters! That show was awesome. It was weird, kinda creepy, and of course, filled with monsters. :]

I was actually trying to remember the name of this show about 2 weeks ago and ultimately gave up.

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4
and music you shall receive

Perwer

Apr 2, 2008
nicole1207 said:
... Mullets in general. BRING THEM BACK!
If you're going to bring back mullets then at least allow me the time to escape. Preferably into space!

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Vlane said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Vlane said:
data_not_found said:
I hear so much about how the 90's were terrible from people, and I look back and I can't remember anything but awesome movies, awesome TV, and fun video games. My favorite movie from the 90's was The Pagemaster. It was the story of a kid who was trapped in a library come to life and had to go through all the different genres to get to the exit. It was awesome and I haven't heard about or seen it anywhere until I was looking at an actor's filmography and saw it. Escapists, do you have anything from the 90's that you loved but the world seems to have forgotten about?

Edit: Don't just say Matrix or Jurassic Park because everyone remembers those. Remember, what everybody else has forgotten, m'kay?
The Nostalgia Critic did a review on The Pagemaster. You might wanna check it out if you liked the movie. Here is the link:
Army of Darkness was made in the 90's so that, since it's Bruce Campbell kicking some ass.
As opposed to a film where he doesn't? :S Does that exist?
Silly me.

Army of Darkness was made in the 90's so that, since it has Bruce Campbell in it.
Yeah, the joke's on me. I only glanced at what you wrote, and read that as Bruce Willis, hahahaha!
-selffacepalm-

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
The 90s were fantastic. Shows like `Captain Planet` and `Power Rangers` made for a great childhood

Not to mention `Darkwing Duck`, `Rescue rangers`...just all these great great shows shich were far more entertaining and rememorable than todays shows

The Simpsons was good too. It has gone downhill from 2000

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
Decent X-Files seasons, Douglas Adams, a steady stream of cool music on the college radio stations, TSR, no such thing as DRM, and the Internet before you came along. All gone, all fondly remembered.

As far as nostalgia goes this is pretty rose-colored. The 'net was crap without broadband. Douglas Adams was still good for a few laughs but had used up most of his good ideas by the end of Life, The Universe, and Everything, and the cartoons were- sorry, kids- crap by 1994. The highschool graduates of today reminisce for Power Rangers, for Bob's sake. Unbelievable. But... I'm sure the older kids looked at Transformers the same way when I was that age.

In short: The 90s were the first decade I was really aware of. They were fun but not particularly superior to this one.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
Antzon said:
Ahh, the era where games are born which do not require you to upgrade your computer every year to run them on max quality.

PC games like the Command and Conquer Series rules then.

GameBoy (Original) Damn i spent so much time playing TMNT on it. Pokemon too of course :)

Also i remember the time where i rush back home from school used the 56K connection to play a multiplayer game with my friend and pray that no one calls in the middle of the match.

Man that was the shit
Okay, you actually got me feeling a little nostalgic there. As far as I'm concerned nothing has ever really topped C&C and TIE Fighter for fun. On the other hand manually configuring Win95 network settings for LAN parties was an arse-pain. Do you remember that, you young punks? WINDOWS FREAKING 95? AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS AN IMPROVEMENT! Gaaaaaah. Someone get me my tub of Old Man Rub. See, now I'm de-nostalgized.

Antzon

Sep 9, 2009
RufusMcLaser said:
Okay, you actually got me feeling a little nostalgic there. As far as I'm concerned nothing has ever really topped C&C and TIE Fighter for fun. On the other hand manually configuring Win95 network settings for LAN parties was an arse-pain. Do you remember that, you young punks? WINDOWS FREAKING 95? AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS AN IMPROVEMENT! Gaaaaaah. Someone get me my tub of Old Man Rub. See, now I'm de-nostalgized.
:) Windows 95 and my 128 ram computer and what, C&C only takes 16mb to run if i rmb properly. people take games and computers for granted these days :X :X love the time where games means pure hours of simple fun.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
Don't worry, 90's revival is coming soon. Notice how this decade started out with the skinny jeans, bands trying to sound 80's, spandex, etc... Now if you ask me I would say that we are at around 1987-1989 (notice the long t-shirts, Mc-hammer pants, and the butt ugly hair does people are getting). I think that by 2012 we'll be doing the grunge look and sound again.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Dialing up to the internet and listening to what sounded like a cat being strangled in a kettle... which was boiling.

Playing Creatures 2 on my Dads first bought PC (Windows 98?) and him fearing I would crash it constantly.

Waiting for Disney movies to come out on VHS and watching them over and over again... he amount of rewinding.. REWINDING- vintage.

Rings of Power on the Sega Megadrive.

Getting my PS1 in 97 and setting it up at Xmas, only to have a little cousin come over and cry because she couldn't play Goddamn Sonic 3D Flicky Island.

Freddie Mercury dying and my Dad playing Queen CD's on Sunday while he was cooking roast dinners.. he still does.

Worms and Rayman.

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
data_not_found said:
Remember, what everybody else has forgotten, m'kay?
I dunno... The Disney Renaissance?
Back when they made great movies in succession based on stories, instead of Hannah fucking Montana? xD

Yermenko

Feb 12, 2009
Batman the Animated Series. And all those other awesome (and not so awesome) after school cartoons. I mean, has anyone looked at network TV these days? Now kids come home to Judge Judy.
Other then that, I think I mostly remember the 90s as being happier. I guess we all idealize our childhood a bit.