Remove a law.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:
The one allowing heterosexual marriage. Ironically, I'd allow gay marriage.
That's not irony. Does NOBODY know what irony is?

The opposite of what you think the usual outcome would be. Situation irony, and I forgot the other two, but I'm sure somebody will shove it in my face when I get back to school.
I'll shove it in your face for you! I'm so nice.

Situation irony: When the audience knows something that characters in fiction don't.
For example, pranks. Or in every horror movie ever, the murderer is hiding in a shower curtain. Irony!

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
RAKtheUndead said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:
It would be ironic for the people who had their sacrament of marriage criminalised, as they wouldn't be expecting a heterosexual to take away heterosexual marriage. My convictions on the subject are also extremely strong, like iron, and therefore, my convictions could be described as irony.

(That secondary meaning for "irony" is totally a thing, although pronounced differently.)
Iron puns were outlawed across the world under the Geneva Convention in 1996. You're under arrest.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:

The opposite of what you think the usual outcome would be. Situation irony, and I forgot the other two, but I'm sure somebody will shove it in my face when I get back to school.

Situation irony: When the audience knows something that characters in fiction don't.
For example, pranks. Or in every horror movie ever, the murderer is hiding in a shower curtain. Irony!
There was no mention of shower curtains in The Blair Witch project.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:

Blair Witch isn't horror. It's fear itself in video form.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:

That website they put up before the film's release didn't really help.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:

After watching, I spent a few hours telling my friend it wasn't real. He still doesn't believe me.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I would be picky and go remove all the old rules such as the sodomy laws or the laws that state that a donkey cannot sleep in a bathtub that still live in some places. It is my damn donkey and he likes the bathtub!

Richard Po

Apr 19, 2011
The 8th amendment. If we are going to punish people I say lets have fun with it!

Friday Night Colosseum FTW :D

IncredibleTurnip

Feb 27, 2011
Very tangential here, shouldn't the word be "sexualist" rather than "homophobic"? I mean, you can hate something without having an irrational fear of it, right?

Anyway, I'd like there to be some law in America preventing the federal government from making any laws or using any powers that aren't specifically given to it by the Constitution. In fact, that should be an amendment, right there. Oh, our founding fathers really overlooked something there when they left that one out of the Bill of Rights....

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
Stu the Pirate said:
Anti-Piracy laws. Yarr.
Subtlety is your friend when talking of stuff the escapist mods like to ban people for. Just saying.

On topic, any NYC and NYS law on gun control.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:

After watching, I spent a few hours telling my friend it wasn't real. He still doesn't believe me.
I wouldn't either if their's a website saying the cast is missing and that ending.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
DonMartin said:
SinisterGehe said:
I would remove a law that... To be honest Finland doesn't really have stupid laws really... Ok I would remove the one that demands every public service to provide service in Finnish and Swedish, making it so that it is only provided in Finnish.
Or the one taht demands academic students to also study and pass on Swedish, but they do not mandate Finnish from Swedish speakers. But that is not a law really, it is just part of the school systems plans...
Hold on now, they do mandate Finnish from Swedish speakers. And to be honest, I cant see the point in removing that first law you mentioned. Why remove service for the swedish speaking folks? It wouldnt save a lot of money, if that's what youre hoping to achieve.

But alright, I know, it's your opinion and who am I to judge.

Also, true. We dont have any silly laws. Ka-ching.
Far as I know, if your first language is Swedish and second Finnish you are not mandated to Study so that you will pass language examination in 2nd level academic studies and up.

Well what I am trying to achieve with the removal of mandatory Swedish services is the fact that we are spending money and workforce to cater to a small minority. And also my philosophical and cultural views are simply something like this, "One country, one culture, on language". In which Culture creates language and language creates culture, as its own being, and culture then shells itself with a country. The one culture and one language being a meta-physical creation. Because you got to admit, Finnswes and Finnish people have their own culture and history, they maybe entwined but they are still own beings.

I want everyone be on the same line, I want everyone to speak a one language as a common language everywhere, it brings tranquality to a culture.

Also, the fact that students are forced to learn something a language and its culture (Culture is the base of the language and it is required to understand the language - Language theory of Wittgenstein) that they do not want to learn drops motivation to study and I have seen abiturients struggling to graduate because they are missing one course from Swedish.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
novixz said:
King Toasty said:
RAKtheUndead said:

Yeah xD

A really, really good movie though. I'd watch it again, but I happen to like sleeping.

Well, fake sleeping. I haven't slept since the Doctor Who episode "Blink". CAN'T CLOSE MY EYES.

I wouldn't either if their's a website saying the cast is missing and that ending.

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
I would remove law that forbids "hate speech". There is no freedom of speech without freedom of speech.

EDIT: Also, i would re-establish death sentence.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Well, removal of necrophilia laws, to an extent. I say there should be an extra box on your donor card saying that necrophiles can do as they wish with your corpse.

Note: I'm not a necrophile.

thathaloguy117

Mar 17, 2011
Homocoitus Odium is the correct ter for "Homophobe" and I am not one. I respect gays as I respect blacks, Jews, hispanics, and so on. Now I'm going to sound all religious and shit but this is why I don' want gay marriage. If the government were to take away a very sacred and ancient tradition of marriage between a man and a woman that would mean Churches would be legally obligated to marry anyone that asks to be married. And if the church refuses then a political shitstorm rains down upon the church with people from all around the country that wants to go there and call them homophobes for standing by one of the oldest human traditions.

And your drug idea will leave broken families and a potential workforce unusable because they are all high. And another thing "special licenses"? I mean what do you do, go into the post office and say "hey can I get my cocaine license renewed?"

If I were to add a new law, it would make it so when you are doing anything with forms it is extremely simplified, yet efficient to get through government regulations. It would make soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people's lives happier that they don't have to wait 3 months for a fucking criminal ID check to go through, then another 3 weeks for ATF processing and another week of shipping all for a letter in the mail saying I wrote something on the request form that was invalid. And then I called up the number on the note with it and after an hour I hung up and then... never mind, but if everything was simplified, the system would be a much more happy and effective process.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
The right to trial by Jury.. hell if I get convicted of anything (unless I'm a celebrity/killed a pedophile or something else that would appease the masses) hell do I want a moralistic and uneducated mob decided my fate, I'd rather take the Judge/magistrates opinion..

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
SinisterGehe said:
Far as I know, if your first language is Swedish and second Finnish you are not mandated to Study so that you will pass language examination in 2nd level academic studies and up.

Well what I am trying to achieve with the removal of mandatory Swedish services is the fact that we are spending money and workforce to cater to a small minority. And also my philosophical and cultural views are simply something like this, "One country, one culture, on language". In which Culture creates language and language creates culture, as its own being, and culture then shells itself with a country. The one culture and one language being a meta-physical creation. Because you got to admit, Finnswes and Finnish people have their own culture and history, they maybe entwined but they are still own beings.

I want everyone be on the same line, I want everyone to speak a one language as a common language everywhere, it brings tranquality to a culture.

Also, the fact that students are forced to learn something a language and its culture (Culture is the base of the language and it is required to understand the language - Language theory of Wittgenstein) that they do not want to learn drops motivation to study and I have seen abiturients struggling to graduate because they are missing one course from Swedish.
What I meant was that any finnswedes also have to study finnish from an early age. Also, Ive never seen the logic in nationalism or the kind of philosophy that youre describing, but hey, it's your opinion so I wont argue. To me, people are defined by themselves, and not the culture they belong to or language they speak, even though these granted have an impact on us. To be clear, I do disagree, however, and I to be honest I find your use of Wittgenstein a bit misleading. But I do agree with the fact that anything mandatory is less motivating than something you choose to study, so I'll just leave it at that.