Remove one feature from an excellent game to make it awful

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Final Fantasy IX
The bright and colorful art style. Personally, I think the game worked well because of the dissonance between the bright and cheery visuals and the depressing story (it may as well just be called Things Get Worse: The Game).

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Veldie said:
Vie said:
Fallout - Humour.
Its a satirical deconstruction of mid 20th century ideas of the future with a whole bunch of cultural references and a healthy dose of fatalism. Take out the humour and its a deconstruction of mid 20th century ideas of the future designed to inspire wrist slitting.
The older Fallouts where not really funny for stuff i mean you can mow down children in them XD

On Topic: Dynasty/Samurai Warriors the removal of Peons
Yeah, but you can quote the Joker at people, say you always suspected Jesus had ties to organized crime, and tell someone "been there, killed that" when asked about a Deathclaw, so... yeah, humor was always part of the formula, it just used to be a hell of a lot darker.

Dragon Age 2 - Humor. Without the characters being sarcastic bastards at one another, I don't think I could have finished it.

Slip05

Oct 17, 2008
The random pedestrians from GTA series as well as the ones driving the cars, let's be honest how long would you play it?

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Johnnydillinger said:
The Force Unleashed - remove the Star Wars setting. Then I'd love to see how many people would like it.

System Shock 2 - remove the inventory (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?)

Final Fantasy series - remove the open world, not just silly-girl-mode like XIII did for the most part of the game, but completely.

I Wanna Be The Guy - remove the checkpoints. I mean, Fuck. That.

Deadly Premonition - remove York.

Prince Of Persia Sands trilogy - hehehe, no time rewinds?
I can play Prince of Persia without rewinding.^^

Catherine - Remove all normal blocks. Leave all the special blocks(Trap, Ice, Monster, Blackhole)

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Prototype - Super-powered Parkour. The game would be 50 hours longer, and a whole lot less fun.

Sammi Costello

Mar 20, 2010
Gears of War - The Cover system.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Cover system... again, but also the open ended augments system.
Torchlight - Basic attacks.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
How about bullets from Any FPS of your choosing... imagine everyone having to play using knives and grenades XP Not that some people don't though =/

ParanoidEngineer

May 20, 2009
Any of these things from HL2 EP2

The Jalopy (footslog to White Forest)
Magnusson Device (final battle horror)
Striders (easy street all the way
Hunters (no tough enemies)
Alyx (because she's beast)

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Resident Evil 4 - Upgradeable weapons. That's right! You'll be stuck with that weak pistol and rifle with the slow reload time! Muahahahhaha!

Also this:

Wth captcha, really?

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
SpaceGnome said:
minecaft breaking blocks?
placing blocks?
everything not being a creeper?
I bet that even if you could remove blocks with just creepers and build them with just endermen then people would still make computer that could find out cure for cancer.

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
Portal. Remove GlaDos and the companion cube.

Now what you got?

Nothing, that's what.