Removed

senordesol

Oct 12, 2009
Not an application, but as someone who's dabbled in VO I'm curious: why do you need actors for 7 months? Is this a series or something? I'm also wondering why you're recruiting over the internet (rather than locally)? Voice directing is an inexact science at best and it really helps when you're in the room with the actors (not to mention the actors being in the same room as each other). I gotta think that you're not going to get the stresses, inflections, and tones you need over email. Have you guys had success with this sort of thing before? If so, I'd be very interested in the result.

senordesol

Oct 12, 2009
JessieK said:
senordesol said:
Not an application, but as someone who's dabbled in VO I'm curious: why do you need actors for 7 months? Is this a series or something? I'm also wondering why you're recruiting over the internet (rather than locally)? Voice directing is an inexact science at best and it really helps when you're in the room with the actors (not to mention the actors being in the same room as each other). I gotta think that you're not going to get the stresses, inflections, and tones you need over email. Have you guys had success with this sort of thing before? If so, I'd be very interested in the result.
Hey, that was my way of saying if your applying for this VN and are about to go away for a long time, then please don't apply maybe putting an actual span of time in there was confusing I will edit that.

There is no way for me to find voices locally to me as of now just due to me having no contacts to actors or acting groups, though you are correct doing this sort of thing online is harder but not impossible you just have to send over a while script and hope your actors can react accordingly, though pulling people in to applications like skype or teamspeak means you can talk to them about certain scenes.

I personally have never done anything like this before but our writer has worked on a few machinimas who pulled some of there voice work from online without much issue, as long as you have a way to contact them quickly its normally not an issue many groups who do voice acting work from online even big ones like "Team Four Star" work via the internet, so its not impossible at all.
The biggest issue is people going in active mid-project

Thanks for the question though I hope this clears everything up, if I am unclear on anything feel free to ask
No problem, was just curious about the solutions sought. I hope you guys have a decent sound engineer if you're going to go that route, though. Even the best performances can be hindered by poor recording infrastructure. And as someone who's done VO directing, I shudder to imagine pulling performances out of actors who are not physically there to...you know...'direct'. That's going to require a LOT of skill and ability to communicate if you're going to pull that off (even with the benefit of skype); I salute you braver souls than I. That said, I would suggest not writing off any friends or neighbors too quickly just because they lack credentials, you might be surprised at what performances might yet be pulled from them with a little effort.

I will say, though, I am...intrigued by this project. I'm not sure how many bites you'll get on this particular site, but at the very least you have one confirmed opportunity to earn some money. Hit me up with a link when you guys are ready to show.

JessieK

May 6, 2013
senordesol said:
JessieK said:
senordesol said:
Hey, that was my way of saying if your applying for this VN and are about to go away for a long time, then please don't apply maybe putting an actual span of time in there was confusing I will edit that.

There is no way for me to find voices locally to me as of now just due to me having no contacts to actors or acting groups, though you are correct doing this sort of thing online is harder but not impossible you just have to send over a while script and hope your actors can react accordingly, though pulling people in to applications like skype or teamspeak means you can talk to them about certain scenes.

I personally have never done anything like this before but our writer has worked on a few machinimas who pulled some of there voice work from online without much issue, as long as you have a way to contact them quickly its normally not an issue many groups who do voice acting work from online even big ones like "Team Four Star" work via the internet, so its not impossible at all.
The biggest issue is people going in active mid-project

Thanks for the question though I hope this clears everything up, if I am unclear on anything feel free to ask
No problem, was just curious about the solutions sought. I hope you guys have a decent sound engineer if you're going to go that route, though. Even the best performances can be hindered by poor recording infrastructure. And as someone who's done VO directing, I shudder to imagine pulling performances out of actors who are not physically there to...you know...'direct'. That's going to require a LOT of skill and ability to communicate if you're going to pull that off (even with the benefit of skype); I salute you braver souls than I. That said, I would suggest not writing off any friends or neighbors too quickly just because they lack credentials, you might be surprised at what performances might yet be pulled from them with a little effort.

I will say, though, I am...intrigued by this project. I'm not sure how many bites you'll get on this particular site, but at the very least you have one confirmed opportunity to earn some money. Hit me up with a link when you guys are ready to show.
I will state now the novel will be freely distributed online, the other upside is if all else fails and I really do not wish it to but back-up plans and all, the novel will work fine without voice work, as a lot of them do

senordesol

Oct 12, 2009
JessieK said:
I will state now the novel will be freely distributed online, the other upside is if all else fails and I really do not wish it to but back-up plans and all, the novel will work fine without voice work, as a lot of them do
Well, there's that at least. :) Still, best of luck!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
JessieK said:
Sudden intriguing interest...
Heya, this caught my eye and I actually have some voice talent I could use. However, while I have considered the idea here and there, I do not know what sort of program to use to record myself. Any suggestions?

JessieK

May 6, 2013
FalloutJack said:
JessieK said:
Sudden intriguing interest...
Heya, this caught my eye and I actually have some voice talent I could use. However, while I have considered the idea here and there, I do not know what sort of program to use to record myself. Any suggestions?
Audacity works fine, saves in .wav and .mp3 as well

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I has intrigue

But I'm not sure how my voice compares to what you want

Be brutally honest

I need it

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
You should try newgrounds.com since it is such a animation heavy community it is easy to find lots of voice actors. Hell I just got 13 replies in a day for my game.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
JessieK said:
snip fwip
Okay, I'm interested, but I'd be a complete amateur at voice acting. (The one I'd be interested in auditioning for is either Ami or Jesia)

It'd be helpful if you had clips of how you'd want the line to be spoken, though I'm guessing you're willing to be a bit flexible with that.

Also, for Jesia, by "well spoken"... Could you elaborate on that a little. Do you mean sort of... Posh?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
You may want to talk to 4chan cuz that is where Katawa Shoujo came from and people might be interested in helping

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Let's see...I'll try a couple of them tomorrow if I have the time and send them to you. This seems like it could be really fun.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Hmm. This is actually looks kinda cool.

I'm kind of interested in this Gabriel character, too. And I've always wanted to dabble in Voice Acting.

I don't know... I've already got audacity on here, and my mic seems to work just fine... Eh, what the heck; I'll give it a shot and record the lines for Gabriel tomorrow.

EDIT: I could have sworn this mic sounded better when I first used it. Now it sounds like shit. And my recording area isn't all that great either. Gonna have to give this one a pass. Sorry. :p

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
I'll definitely keep this in mind. This would definitely be good experience. I like the concept too.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
While I am interesting in applying, I don't think I would be consistently available with my work schedule literally changing every week. I wish you luck in your endeavor, however, and I do hope you will keep updates and such on this thread, or on this site anyway. I'm interested in how this will turn out. =)

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
This is a romantic game right? What level of romance are we talking here exactly. I'm interested in doing this but I'm wondering how far the romance part of this goes.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I've always been interested in trying something like this, though I've never really had the confidence to do so haha. I'll throw in my efforts just to give you some more people to consider.

Still, it sounds like a pretty interesting undertaking that I'll be following, nonetheless.

Good luck, btw.