Removed

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
This has perked my interest. Unfortunately (wait, why am I saying unfortunately?), I might be getting a job soon, and my schedule won't be very steady.

But... As someone who just got done with a play, and who has been interested in VA, this looks like something that might scratch that acting itch that's starting to creep back.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
What would be considered a 'good' mic for recording?

Due to my work I have access to both boundary and lapel mics.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Hmm sounds like an interesting project, I'll do some recording for Hira as I like the sound of that character, assuming he's still available.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I'd totally apply, only problem is I think my voice, may not exactly fit the, late teen vocal profile, but, if you ever need anyone to act as an older character in something gimme a holler, I do a variety of unique voices, from my own(obviously) to a spectrum of different states of insanity, mania, anger, and incredible calm, pretty much monotone, but not robotic, y'know, like someone who just can't bring themselves to feel anything about anything, and yes, I can do all of them at any time.

The calm dead inside voice is great when dealing with idiots acting up in a customer service environment, also, clowning around is something I always did with friends and family, so yeah, with a bit of practice(usually listening to enough lines) in pretty well any accent, I tend to adopt it, I've had people think I'm anything from texan to russian, to german, to english, scottish, irish, fuck I'm Canadian, and I don't even sound like I'm from around here 90% of the time, and nobody seems to mind, apparently my accents sound authentic enough that even people from those places don't even look at me funny, had a guy ask me what country I was from after I seamlessly switched between 3 different accents, and was astounded to hear that, not only am I from Canada, but I haven't left the country before, no passport man, no passport, that and no money, where the fuck would I go, can't fly anywhere interesting on minimum wage.

Seriously, intrigued, but unlikely candidate, at least for this one.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
I've never done any voice acting before, and my work schedule is a little irregular (though I can predict when I will be available each week), yet I'm still tempted to apply for this..

I'll see if I can't whip up an audition for Hinaka and Jesia when I get back from work today. ^.^

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
My voice would be too deep for anyone except Jesia, and i still think i don't have the right voice, so best of luck to you.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
I'd apply.... but...I dunno...scheduling conflicts would probably arise, plus I'm a very lazy person.... but who knows. Maybe I will try...maybe I wont... but all I do know is this Novel sounds very interesting so I will be following this.

theswordsmn

Nov 12, 2010
I have always wondered where my voice would fit in with a VA group. I've been told I sound a bit like Jonah Hill at times, but I don't know how well I would fit in with what you want from the characters. However I am bouncing this to 2 friends, both who are interested in VA work and both who essentially are the guys you are looking for. One is (and has for as long as I have known him) Alex incarnate. When I read the lines, I thought "how would my friend voice this guy?" The other should be pretty close to what you're looking for in Gabriel. Hope they can hook you up with what you need. Good luck!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I'm not a fan of the writing (I'm not a fan of anime writing in general, which seems to be what you're shooting for) but hell, anything works for a portfolio. I'll record lines for Alex and Hira. I don't think I'd be able to switch emotions like that and keep to character with Gabriel.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I...must confess myself intrigued (the offer and the VN itself). I think I've got something to record with, I'll try to whip something up.

Not sure if my voice wouldn't be too deep, but I can try. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I sound like, other than maybe a somewhat less exaggerated version of <url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTkD8WI8VU>The Californians...

Arcane Snowman

Mar 7, 2009
Ahri said:
I've never done any voice acting before, and my work schedule is a little irregular (though I can predict when I will be available each week), yet I'm still tempted to apply for this..
I'm the same. Irregular schedule, but can predict availability every week. Too interesting an opportunity to let pass though =).

Sent an audition for Alex, but Hira also caught my eye afterwards, so I might give him a go as well once I've got some more time.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
So, I'm fairly interested in applying for one of the male roles, but:

- I don't have any sort of professional recording equipment and the only headset I have guaranteed access to is an old USB headset. I may be able to borrow my brother's Turtle Beach headset, but again, I would only be able to use gaming headsets for recording.

- While I have a bit of experience with acting, I've never tried voice acting, is there anything in particular about it that I should know?

- I'm a full time student. I don't expect that I'll be too busy with school to really do anything (especially since the current semester is about to end for me), but you never know.

Having said all that, should I even bother auditioning?

Best of luck either way.

Joseph Monarres

May 1, 2013
Hmm sounds interesting. Just a question i'm wondering, will there be any sort of compensation? (Even if there isn't i'd still like to do the project, it's just something that is good to consider)

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
This looks really interesting, though I lack experience. I'll see about sending in an application tomorrow....

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
DAMMIT.

I can't send the files to you. After all that, my email can't send files over 25MB. DAMN YOU, YAHOO!

Any other way I could get these files to you? They're 81MB and 93MB. Lemme know.

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
JessieK said:
I'm a decent voice actor, but I'm hesitant to provide my services. This project seems very amateur and my skills might be put to better use with two other aspects:

1: Do you need an editor? The grammar in this post is atrocious and reflects poorly on the piece. Is your script professional and properly formatted? If not, I can help with that.

2: Do you need a better character designer? Right now the characters look bland due to their similar color palets and silhouettes. I can help with better character design.

But if you just want a voice actor and nothing more, let me know and I'll send you some audio files.

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
DAMMIT.

I can't send the files to you. After all that, my email can't send files over 25MB. DAMN YOU, YAHOO!

Any other way I could get these files to you? They're 81MB and 93MB. Lemme know.
Those are HUGE!!! I highly advise you to compress them or put them in another format.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Bocaj2000 said:
ZeroMachine said:
DAMMIT.

Those are HUGE!!! I highly advise you to compress them or put them in another format.
81MB is considered huge in this day and age?

I'll see if I can compress it but I don't know, Doesn't seem that bad considering each file is about 7 minutes long and uses a high(ish) quality mic.

What file type would you suggest, though? It's currently a wav.