Rename the game(s) you just played or completed.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Enter the City Sweepers - Undercover Cops
Konami's Best Final Fight Sequel Done Better than the Official Final Fight Sequels - Violent Storm

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The Fantastical adventures of the World's Last undead Bounty Hunter- Dark Souls 3

Yeah, it was weird when I realized "Wait a minute....I'm pretty sure I've just been asked to go hunt down a couple of high profile bail jumpers, except bringing them back alive isn't an option". It's just dressed up in a lot of flowery language.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Suda 51 Cinematic Universe - Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes. No seriously; nearly all of Suda's games are either stated or implied to take place within the same universe. Which makes some fridge horror on Killer 7's place.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The Actually Good Game Where You Play As Thor - Spider-Man Miles Morales

That's My Silly Orc Captain! *canned sitcom music* - Shadow of War

I think I've done this one already, but I technically completed it recently and this one feels apt

Cyberline Miami - Ghostrunner

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Actually Good Game Where You Play As Thor - Spider-Man Miles Morales
I would have called it Infamous 3 or 4. Depending on how you felt about the last one. I could see why though I feel God of War 4 is the better Thor game. Except that your weapon is ice based instead of electricity based.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I would have called it Infamous 3 or 4. Depending on how you felt about the last one. I could see why though I feel God of War 4 is the better Thor game. except that your weapon is ice based instead of electricity based.
Well yes, I made comparisons to inFamous in the Miles thread, and fully stand by them, it was just a broader net with the Thor comparison, given the Avengers game that was out recently, and how bad it was. But yes, it's closer, technically to inFamous, but either way you slice it, you feel like a god of lightning and ass whoopery with Venom Power xD

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well yes, I made comparisons to inFamous in the Miles thread, and fully stand by them, it was just a broader net with the Thor comparison, given the Avengers game that was out recently, and how bad it was. But yes, it's closer, technically to inFamous, but either way you slice it, you feel like a god of lightning and ass whoopery with Venom Power xD
Speaking of Thor and Avengers, this is like third crappy game he's been in. The game based off his first movie, The Avengers game, and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (depending on how much you like or dislike the game).

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Speaking of Thor and Avengers, this is like third crappy game he's been in. The game based off his first movie, The Avengers game, and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (depending on how much you like or dislike the game).
Honestly haven't played any of them. I've mostly stayed away from games about actual superheroes, as they usually (with a few exceptions like SOME of the spiderman games) tend to be terrible. Like broken mechanics, terrible gameplay, etc. Which I find odd, that games about non DC/Marvel super powers, like inFamous, seem to be able to make, even just a passable game with a fun power system, but games with well established characters, seem to always shit the bed. *shrugs*

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Honestly haven't played any of them. I've mostly stayed away from games about actual superheroes, as they usually (with a few exceptions like SOME of the spiderman games) tend to be terrible. Like broken mechanics, terrible gameplay, etc. Which I find odd, that games about non DC/Marvel super powers, like inFamous, seem to be able to make, even just a passable game with a fun power system, but games with well established characters, seem to always shit the bed. *shrugs*
I never play any of them either, but I've seen reviews and gameplay footage. At least Marvel versus Capcom Infinite can be fun. That's the problem with most licensed games. They always put people in charge that just want there supplying demand as fast as possible or to meet their quota, and usually don't know a thing about game design and the time it takes to make one. The fact that Disney/Marvel have learned nothing from this for over 20 years is astonishing. Aside from a few exceptions. You know something is wrong when WB/DC it's ahead of the game, and can grasp that concept. Despite the shady crap they've been pulling off.

Reactions: happyninja42

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Static Shock - Spider Man: Miles Morales
Guardian Heroes 2 - Code of Princess
Pac Man and Friends - Namco Museum. Note: comes with a complete edition of Pac Man Champion Edition 2 with more content and multiplayer.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Homicidal Helicopter Dad - Shadow of War

It's really funny how this plays out in game. You spend SO much time literally floating over your army screen, looking down at all your little orcy boys, deciding which ones to kill, which ones to promote. Then you spend time joining their missions and making sure they win, like the most homicidal helicopter parent. And you really get attached to those orcy boys! They've got SO much personality built into them. I had one guy who I fell so in love with, because he just saved my ass in a clinch fight, that I burned resources to boost him to Legendary status, and then retired him to the Garrison so that he didn't accidentally die in some other thing, or betray me or whatnot. Because he was somehow able to survive fighting TWO captain twice his level, and provided enough support for me to eventually take them both down. The humor in the orc's banter is priceless, and my wife and I personally LOVE it when the captains have a squad or grunts assigned to them. Because when they stop the action to give you that introduction monologue, one of their grunts steps in front of them like a hype man at a wrestling match, and shit talks you for their boss. It's just fantastic. The comedy and liveliness of the orcs, is so infectious (especially Ratbag) that my wife has told me to buy the first game, because she wants to see more of him.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Twin Dragons: Rock the 80s Edition featuring Skeletor - Double Dragon Neon
Twin Dragons II: Happy Alternative Ending Edition - Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES)
The Crow Blade's They Live - DmC: Devil May Cry

Last edited:
Reactions: happyninja42

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ace Combat Shattered Skies : Project Wingman

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016