Rename yourself. Why not?

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I'd just name myself John Constantine.
"Constantine. John Constantine, asshole."
Then I'd dye my hair blonde, get myself a trench coat and lung cancer. Also, one-liners and an extensive knowledge of magic.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I've got no problems with my current name aside from the fact that I have to spell it out when giving it to other people.

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
shadowstriker86 said:
just imagine for a moment you could instantly change your name to whatever you wanted, no paperwork, no drama, just a new name of your choosing.
If you are in the UK you can already change your name at anytime with no paperwork or anything. I could just change my name right now and start using it, but since my name is awesome I won't be doing it. The most I would consider is changing my title - I am just waiting to receive my knighthood from the Queen for that though.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Matt..... That's right. I really am not Matt. My real name is a more Norwegian one that sounds like Matt. And whenever I talk to people who aren't Norwegian they end up calling me that anyway. And I have started introducing myself as Matt. Why not just cut put the middle man and be done with it

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I like my first name - Fionnuala - I was never successfully teased with it as a kid and I think it's pretty.

Someone tried with "Finurlig", which means clever or shrewd in English. Yeah, that sort of fell flat with me.

My last name though is totally boring. I'd like something with two syllables that sounds nice with Fionnuala (pronunciation here), but I can't think of anything so I guess I'm stuck with Johansson. Meh. Suggestions?

Yes, I'm dreadfully boring for not coming up with a jokey one, but I'm not up for it at the mo.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
an annoyed writer said:
I already renamed myself, to Valetta. Short, sweet, and capable of sounding both unique and something a parent would name their child.
You can't get any shorter and sweeter than "Betty".

Vidsnip
I love that film XD

OT: I'd probably change my name to Ellen Page and then troll Ellen Page. Or maybe AAAAAAAAAARGH!! just to see how people pronounce it.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
But I like my name! :O

It's short, sweet, and unique. I'm mean honestly how many T0ad's do you guys know?

...Fine, Fine, I guess if I had to I'd be halfway between boring and exciting and go for something like Ronan, or Mason. I don't really know why, just like the sound of them. That might change if they were my actual name though. :/

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke is what I shall be called from now on. Signing my name will become an adventure.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Colour-Scientist said:
I'd be very tempted to change it to one of those awful pun names.
Ivana P. Freely or something like that.

That or Princess Conseula Banana Hammock.
If only you were a guy. Then you could go by Michael Hunt. Mike for short ;)

Oh well, a dream defered and all that.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
I like my first name, Bob. Its good. But I do want to change my full name to Bob Bobert Bobbington-Bobsworth. Actually, why not ditch the surname and middle name all together, do you think just being called "Bob" would work?

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
an annoyed writer said:
I already renamed myself, to Valetta. Short, sweet, and capable of sounding both unique and something a parent would name their child.
Isn't Valetta the capital of Malta?

OT: I'd like something that would play well in both Dutch (I live in the Netherlands and in English (international oriented and stuff) Something like Alex.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Just did, due to marriage. I'm thinking of adding a couple of middle names though - Siffria or Phaydre.

Or I could just rename myself to Siffria Judge.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
I like my name but im sick of people spelling it wrong I mean really

CONNOR STILWELL

How hard is that?

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
The Crimson Shadow.

I also really like 'El Diablo Royale'

Both shorten down to very usable First names as well.

'Crimson' Or 'Crims'

'EL Diablo' or even 'El'.

We could make it work dammit!!

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Henkie36 said:
an annoyed writer said:

OT: I'd like something that would play well in both Dutch (I live in the Netherlands and in English (international oriented and stuff) Something like Alex.
Similar word, different spelling. They have an extra "L" in there, so It's spelled Valletta.

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
No why would I?
my name is pretty unique and I love it. After all who doesnt want to be named after the wizard from the arthurian legend.

The only thing I would like to get rid of is my second name that I have because someone sitting there thought that "merlin" isnt a real boys name

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
I renamed myself already. bit of a pain but hey...was worth it.

Not telling you my full name for obvious reasons buuuuuuut...hmmm...my initials are my favourite halo gun: DMR

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
BeeGeenie said:
From now on, I wish to be addressed as Sir Bertrand Haberdashery Pilkingtonhamshire III.

So let it be written; so let it be done!
esq., you forgot ",esq." at the end there.

Henkie36 said:
It is. With one T, it's also what we call the "grade school prom" around here. TRIVIA! See now if you go to a quiz show and they ask what we call the "grade school prom" thing here in Slovenia, you'll know.

And now that I got to topic, well, my name is more commonly used by people other than me. Still, if I could rename myself I'd go for something more international-sounding...but for that I would likely only have to modify it a bit.