Rename yourself. Why not?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Well considering the amount of times I've been called this, I should change my name to "Hey Asshole!" complete with exclamation point. So if you call me Mr. Asshole!, you have to shout or exclaim the surname else you'd be "doing it wrong"

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
In certain places I go by "Tek."

As I've learned with the internet and "IBT" or "Tent," I'm taking some time to play a few games so I get used to being called "Tek." I've had some scenarios where people even call me by my last name, and I just ignore them, as nobody's used my last name in years.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
an annoyed writer said:
I already renamed myself, to Valetta. Short, sweet, and capable of sounding both unique and something a parent would name their child.
Already legally renamed myself 4 years ago... no need to change it again ;)

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hooray for Captain Spaulding!

Three cheers for Captain Spaulding!

*waits for it*

Aariana

Apr 10, 2010
I guess I'm boring...I'd just rename myself Aariana >.> Aari for short. My real name is Heather, and I was dubbed as such by my abusive, alcoholic father. So...yeah. Aari! (and dammit, no one is allowed to feel bad about this post cause I sure as hell don't!)

Firstmark_Bannor

Aug 11, 2011
Well, having never really liked my name, I already intended to change it. In fact No one even calls me by my full name anymore. William was always too pompous for me anyway. So my new name is.... (drum roll)

Bannor Alexander.

Its got class and dignity with just a hint of mystery. Sounds good to me.

Simon Pettersson

Apr 4, 2010
trollnystan said:
I like my first name - Fionnuala - I was never successfully teased with it as a kid and I think it's pretty.

Someone tried with "Finurlig", which means clever or shrewd in English. Yeah, that sort of fell flat with me.

My last name though is totally boring. I'd like something with two syllables that sounds nice with Fionnuala (pronunciation here), but I can't think of anything so I guess I'm stuck with Johansson. Meh. Suggestions?

Yes, I'm dreadfully boring for not coming up with a jokey one, but I'm not up for it at the mo.
Finurliga Fionnuala could work. Cool name thou were is it from?

Me I like my name Simon.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Simon Pettersson said:
trollnystan said:
I like my first name - Fionnuala - I was never successfully teased with it as a kid and I think it's pretty.

Someone tried with "Finurlig", which means clever or shrewd in English. Yeah, that sort of fell flat with me.

My last name though is totally boring. I'd like something with two syllables that sounds nice with Fionnuala (pronunciation here), but I can't think of anything so I guess I'm stuck with Johansson. Meh. Suggestions?

Yes, I'm dreadfully boring for not coming up with a jokey one, but I'm not up for it at the mo.
Finurliga Fionnuala could work. Cool name thou were is it from?

Me I like my name Simon.
Heh, that's exactly what he'd call me. "Finurliga Fionnuala, tjena!" "Vad du är finurlig, Fionnuala!" He never had a proper conversation with me beyond this, so I don't know what he was attempting to do. (Inb4 "He fancied you!": No. The person I was back then was utterly unattractive, objectively speaking. Besides, he was an ass to everyone up to the point that people started verbally ganging up on him. He ended up transferring to a different school, poor chap.)

Oh and it's Irish =) My mother was Irish and both my parents were fans of Fionnula Flanagan the actress so...

Simon is the name of one of my favourite cousins =D

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Vexrapopple Leahcim Ocelana Or Vex for short.

I've been unofficially using it in private for years and intend to phase at least the vex part into public use as a prefferred nickname when I move accross the country in a few months. I honestly don't know where I picked it up from I claim that I named myself after the state I generally leave people in and then expanded from there but that is just Justification post fact and complete BS Leahcim is in respect to my current title

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
an annoyed writer said:
I already renamed myself, to Valetta. Short, sweet, and capable of sounding both unique and something a parent would name their child.
That's an adorably cute name. I might actually stick it in the list of baby names I already have. :p

OT: I'd like to actually be called Eevee, or I love names like Scarlett, Ruby, Alesha, Willow so one of them would be nice. I'm pretty boring, no 'Awesomerainbowpants Electicgirl III' yet xD

cori

Jun 29, 2013
I think I would want my real name to be Coraline because I really enjoyed the movie (it's genuinely worth watching) and I like the sound and "look" of the letters working together. It sounds sophisticated and nice, Coraline L.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I'd probably pick "Kosk". It's what I often name my RPG characters, and I've really come to like it. It's original (as far as I know, I came up with it. Out of curiosity I Google'd the name after thinking of it, and it turns out it's an acronym for something or other, but I don't know if that really counts), and I like the way it sounds. Seriously, just say it out loud. It just rolls so nicely off the tongue.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
I actually decided to change my last name recently, partially influenced by the fact that I'm planning to enlist in the military soon, and I didn't want be stuck with my current name. Plus I'm adopted, so I don't feel any particular loyalty to my surname, and my birth name is something long and hard to pronounce (hell, my birth mother has changed her last name twice, so I doubt she liked it either (yes that means she was married twice, interestingly neither time to my birth father)).