Renaming Earth, because its a boring name.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Dandark said:
There is only one name for our planet and that name is

Holy Terra
I'd agree, but if Terra is for some reason unsatisfactory, then I think nightwish put it best...
You might think that I'm making a point of our mistreatment of our planet and each other, but mostly I just think "planet HELL" sounds badass.

Captch: Don't tase me. I'm sorry, when did captchas start making internet references?

forsaac

Dec 15, 2010
Why don't we just skip the fancy terms of dirt and just call it planet dirt... nevermind don't want to be called a dirtling by aliens

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'm going to go with something no else has suggested and say Epitaph. Although that might be too many syllables for some folk. How about Juno.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Eleuthera said:
Logically we'd call this planet Water instead of Earth... there's a lot more of that.

But I do agree with Terra, though Terrans would refer to every animal on the planet not just humans.
Hahah...that does make some sense, but its still damn funny. A planet named water. Best suggestion untill now.

Also, its named Tellus.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
forsaac said:
Why don't we just skip the fancy terms of dirt and just call it planet dirt... nevermind don't want to be called a dirtling by aliens
aww, I was just gonna quote "might as well call it Dirt"

Someone brought up the whole humanity/earthling business, so...

let's call it Humanity Prime
optimistically leaving room for the first few of our future space colonies.
Might give all the assholes on this depressing speck of space-dust some goddamn perspective, too. Maybe even pride. We're not just Germans, Americans, Arabs, Jews, Chinese and Equatorial-Guineans.
We're human.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Fasckira said:
Terra? That sounds just as boring as Earth tbh.

Call it "Tyrannical Licky Spoon 4", with the collective race being called simply "spoons". It has two advantages:

1) Its fun to say out loud.
2) If we're ever invaded by an alien fleet, they may waste time looking for the first 3 planets (Tyrannicl Licky Spoon 1, 2 & 3).
Number two of course assumes that the alien fleet is led by chronic sufferers of OCD. And not just any OCD. ALIEN OCD!

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Doc Slingblade said:
Haha, oh I have plenty of them myself, no worries. Well it's a very dry sarcastic kind of humour, I'd recommend watching an episode or two( 'Tim's not singing is a good one) and if you don't like them, it's all pretty similar :)

OT: Now that you have brought it to my attention, Tim would be another great name for this little planet of ours: Planet Tim!

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
... You do of course realize that if it were named Terra, you would find Terra an incredibly boring name, while Earth would sound like an exotic and interesting moniker for our little speck of a planet.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
i'm gonna have to go with "Sol-3". i like to keep things simple. there's no need to complicate matters by naming it.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
When I become Emperor of Mankind, my first decree shall be to rename the planet Batman. Because he's the goddamn Batman.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Probably something along the lines of Terra or Gaia, or maybe even mix them together into Tergaia... or something.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Urgh76 said:
I hereby name this planet:

Dirtville! :3
I vote Pegasopolis. Filthy ground-walking peasant.

OT: I'm kind of torn between Terra and Gaia. Both are traditional Latin/Greek names for our planet, and sound really awesome, but of course, we English speakers have to be boring.

I mean really, Terrans or Gaians? Sounds way cooler than Earthlings.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
GrimTuesday said:
As I sit in my room, listening to the rain and waiting for sleep to take me, I started to think about the universe, and then, more narrowly, about our own little blue marble amongst the stars. Now, I may be alone in this but I think that the name Earth is a fucking boring. If it were left up to me, I would rename it Terra, and instead of being humans, we would be Terrans. Its just more interesting that being from boring old earth, instead, we would be Terrans, with our goliaths and vultures, and mighty Terran empire (or confederacy for those less inclined to Imperialism).

So what you you rename this fine planet of ours?
The only reason you find the name "Earth" to be boring is because it's normal. Earth has been referred to as Earth for as long as you can remember, so it's going to seem boring. Terra would get boring as well.

Although, for the sake of just plain fun, I kinda like "Midgard". Don't know what humans would be called in relation to that, but who cares when you have a name like Midgard.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
IamQ said:
Well, here in Sweden the alternate name for Earth is "Tellus". Maybe that would work?
I was just going to say. In Norway we also call it Tellus, and apparently it's another Ancient Greek name. Not commonly known.