Report: Batman: Arkham Knight's Broken PC Port Wont Be Fixed Till Fall

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Phoenixmgs said:
008Zulu said:
I won't deny that fallout 4 will be released buggy, it is Bethesda after all. But they patch them because they are legally obligated to. If they didn't, then they would leave themselves open to a lawsuit for knowingly releasing a faulty product.
In a Jimquisition, Jim Sterling said that WB purposely never fixed Arkham Origins issues to make more DLC. I don't think a lawsuit is much of a concern. I don't see PC modders fixing major and core issues with games. Yeah, I see a lot of basic and simple fixes but fixing the kind of stuff wrong with Arkham Knight wouldn't be fixed in a couple days (or at all) by modders. If you're smart at all, you won't be playing Fallout 4 this fall, thus Arkham Knight won't be competing with Fallout 4. Plus, it's already known Bethesda like most publishers don't care about the PC as they made Skyrim with an interface designed specifically for consoles and made the community "fix" the interface themselves, that's how little they care.
While I agree with you on the Arkham Knight stuff to say it won't be competing against Fallout 4 seems... extreme. There will be boatloads of people preordering it and buying it at launch. I will be one of those people picking it up day 1. THey tend to be buggy but not broken, which I can deal with. Also, Skyrim's UI was perfectly usable on PC the way it was. It was hardly optimal but it's not like it was an unusable mess on PC that demanded action.

Uhuru N'Uru

Oct 8, 2014
Bat Vader said:
Uhuru N said:
EndlessSporadic said:
I had a lot of faith in this release too. There are so many places this release failed for PC:

- Warner Bros
- Starting the port extremely late in development
- Heavy use of experimental technology
- An aging game engine (it was amazing once, but it is showing its age)
- Potential management issues outside of WB
- Targeting consoles as the primary platform (I'm sorry - this will hold PC games back 99/100 times)

I won't say my faith in Rocksteady themselves has been affected, but I will start being cautious around any of their PC ports since their choice of outsourcing partners is questionable at best. I definitely won't be buying any Warner Bros games until *well* after release anymore.
Only one failure, Warner Bros. They are the Publisher and own the franchise, they make all the decisions and all the other parties are employees and everything they do is approved by WB.

Always the publisher whose responsible for this sort of mess.

As for rereleasing they might as well wait for a complete version, with all DLC included free, as an apology,
Without that it's nothing but a Steam Sale game, an 80% off one at that.
I say all of them are at fault. Warner Bros. for releasing it as the mess it was, Rocksteady for handing it off to a third party, and Iron Galaxy for not doing the job they were hired to do. At any point Rocksteady or Iron Galazy could have asked to delay the PC version and I'm sure WB would have allowed it. Arkham City's PC version was delayed about a month.
If you can't influence and/or change a decision, the decision maker alone is responsible for that decision, in gaming that's the publisher. What makes you think they even dared voice such an opinion or that WB would even listen.

If a Dev team dares to voices their dissenting opinion, they run the risk of not being the dev at all, the next day.
It's just happened with Deep Silver sacking the Dead Island 2 developers, Yager. Techland created Dead Island and it's clear from both Dying Light and other sources, they were forced away from their planneed path of a more serious story/game to the joke/game it became. Techland, the IP's creators, never worked on Dead Island Riptide at all.
Now the same things occurred before the next games even finished.
If devs sell their soul (IP), to the Devil, The Devil will kill the dev to take it all in one bite.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Uhuru N said:
Bat Vader said:
Uhuru N said:
EndlessSporadic said:
I had a lot of faith in this release too. There are so many places this release failed for PC:

- Warner Bros
- Starting the port extremely late in development
- Heavy use of experimental technology
- An aging game engine (it was amazing once, but it is showing its age)
- Potential management issues outside of WB
- Targeting consoles as the primary platform (I'm sorry - this will hold PC games back 99/100 times)

I won't say my faith in Rocksteady themselves has been affected, but I will start being cautious around any of their PC ports since their choice of outsourcing partners is questionable at best. I definitely won't be buying any Warner Bros games until *well* after release anymore.
Only one failure, Warner Bros. They are the Publisher and own the franchise, they make all the decisions and all the other parties are employees and everything they do is approved by WB.

Always the publisher whose responsible for this sort of mess.

As for rereleasing they might as well wait for a complete version, with all DLC included free, as an apology,
Without that it's nothing but a Steam Sale game, an 80% off one at that.
I say all of them are at fault. Warner Bros. for releasing it as the mess it was, Rocksteady for handing it off to a third party, and Iron Galaxy for not doing the job they were hired to do. At any point Rocksteady or Iron Galazy could have asked to delay the PC version and I'm sure WB would have allowed it. Arkham City's PC version was delayed about a month.
If you can't influence and/or change a decision, the decision maker alone is responsible for that decision, in gaming that's the publisher. What makes you think they even dared voice such an opinion or that WB would even listen.

If a Dev team dares to voices their dissenting opinion, they run the risk of not being the dev at all, the next day.
It's just happened with Deep Silver sacking the Dead Island 2 developers, Yager. Techland created Dead Island and it's clear from both Dying Light and other sources, they were forced away from their planneed path of a more serious story/game to the joke/game it became. Techland, the IP's creators, never worked on Dead Island Riptide at all.
Now the same things occurred before the next games even finished.
If devs sell their soul (IP), to the Devil, The Devil will kill the dev to take it all in one bite.
That's what makes them just as bad. Either Rocksteady or Iron Galaxy could have tkaen the issues public or anonymously released a statement. Instead they were cowards and said nothing.

If someone has evidence of wrongdoing and they don't blow the whistle because of cowardice they are just as bad. I have no sympathy for cowards.