Report: Deus Ex: The Fall Coming to Steam

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Report: Deus Ex: The Fall Coming to Steam

Deus Ex: The Fall, previously exclusive to Android/iOS, has appeared on the Steam database.

Deus Ex: The Fall, which was previously exclusive to Android and iOS devices, may be making its way to the PC, according to those restless souls who continually comb the Steam Database for information. Three promotional assets for Deus Ex: The Fall have been uploaded to the official Steam content servers, under the app number 258180 [http://steamdb.info/app/258180/]. While far from conclusive evidence, it does point strongly towards a PC re-release of the game, as plenty of other unannounced games have been discovered in more or less the same way.

Here are the three images that were dug up:

[gallery=2128]

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a universally well-received reboot to one of the most beloved PC games of all time. Fans were shocked, especially considering the absolutely terrible Invisible War (sorry to remind you about that one), and quickly became hungry for more. So how did Eidos Montreal sate this hunger? With a tablet-exclusive follow-up, of course! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124660-Deus-Ex-The-Fall-Emerges-As-A-Mobile-Title]

The puzzling move left many scratching their heads, and as such a vast majority of Deus Ex fans skipped the game entirely, but it now looks like we're going to be able to experience it on the PC.

The original tablet game was controlled via a touch interface, so it will be interesting to see how it will translate to the PC. Obviously, you could just map everything to the mouse, but having a proper keyboard keybinding may make the whole experience a lot better.

Source: reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1ytpmk/ios_android_title_deus_ex_the_fall_possibly/]

Sep 14, 2009
I really question companies marketing sometimes with decisions like this (they are coming out with it on pc finally, but who in the hell makes a sequel exclusively for a different platform than your fanbase, especially one that usually doesn't have any interest with the other)

I'm not holding my breath on this in the slightest, but hey, if it ends up being a decent port, fuck it, might get it in a steam sale :D

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Cool, I'll probably get it at some point. I hoped whoever made the original decision to make it a mobile exclusive gets slapped. And then reassigned to another division.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
No actual continuation yet?
(They should redo Invisible War next- story is salvageable)
Well, this will do for now :/

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Human Revolution wasn't a reboot (it's a prequel), The Fall wasn't tablet exclusive (it's available on smartphones), and Invisible War wasn't " absolutely terrible (regardless of whether or not you liked it, that's a massive exaggeration).

Other than that, hopefully they'll eventually make a sequel to The Fall, considering how ridiculously short and unsatisfying it was.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
never heard of it and steam doenst show anything either. at least not yet.
if its promising enough for pc then i might consider it.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Metalrocks said:
well, i think this DEUS looks promising

eh? eehhhhh?

i know where the exit is

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Anyone thinking of getting this should get the book, thats where the character was introduced (Ex SAS & Augmented Belltower special forces operative who then worked with the merc squad Jensen took down) and covers events just before and during Human Revolution. Not the best book in the world but its solid enough for an afternoons read if you can pick it up for £3.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
The Fall wasn't tablet exclusive (it's available on smartphones)
Technological semantics. Smartphones are just small tablets.

Shocksplicer said:
Human Revolution wasn't a reboot (it's a prequel)
Except they are using this as an opportunity to reboot the franchise. The original Deus Ex and Invisible War are both going to be remade.

From what I heard of the mobile game, is that it is very short. 4 hours I think it was said. I would be very interested to see how much they plan to charge for it. Any more than $10 and it will be on my "Buy during a Steam Sale" list.

Redhawkmillenium

May 5, 2011
I actually did purchase Deus Ex: The Fall on my Android phone last month when it released. I'm not against game series having quality spin-offs on the mobile platform. I'd rather have something with a little meat to it like The Fall than a throwaway spin-off like Mass Effect Infiltrator. That said, despite a clear effort and respectable production values, the first-person shooter just doesn't work on my little 5 inch touch screen, so much that it kept me from getting into what otherwise looked like a good game. Maybe it works better on larger tablet screens, I don't know.

As for this news: if I had actually been able to enjoy the game, I might have been upset that I could have just waited to play the game on my far superior PC, feeling like I wasted $7 on the Android version. But as it stands, repurchasing the game on PC might mean I actually get further than 15 minutes into it. So I'm...ambivalent on this news.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
008Zulu said:
Shocksplicer said:

Shocksplicer said:
Except they are using this as an opportunity to reboot the franchise. The original Deus Ex and Invisible War are both going to be remade.

From what I heard of the mobile game, is that it is very short. 4 hours I think it was said. I would be very interested to see how much they plan to charge for it. Any more than $10 and it will be on my "Buy during a Steam Sale" list.
Still not a reboot. It's part of the original continuity, so it's not a reboot. Simple as that.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
008Zulu said:
Shocksplicer said:

Shocksplicer said:

Still not a reboot. It's part of the original continuity, so it's not a reboot. Simple as that.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I've raged at first for this game being released only for tablets and what not, but I really hope that this news is actually true.

With that said..looking forward to play this one if they decide to port it to PC.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
(not sure why you posted that twice)

But when the next game retells the story of J.C Denton, then what?

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
008Zulu said:
Shocksplicer said:
(not sure why you posted that twice)

But when the next game retells the story of J.C Denton, then what?
1. I didn't post twice, The Escapist messed up.
2. It's still a prequel to the original.
3. Not sure where you've got the idea that they're remaking the original from, that's been a rumour pretty much ever since the original came out, but I've never heard anything actually official about it.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Human Revolution universally well received?
Well, i guess if you limit the universe to people who received it well.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
NuclearKangaroo said:
Metalrocks said:
well, i think this DEUS looks promising

eh? eehhhhh?

i know where the exit is
ehm?? ok!
let me rephrase:
i rather wait and see how the pc port is.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
nyysjan said:
Human Revolution universally well received?
Well, i guess if you limit the universe to people who received it well.
You can say that about anything, in fact now you point it out it that phrase is kind of silly. How can something be Universally well received? Even if one person did not like it then this statement would be false.

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Fans were shocked, especially considering the absolutely terrible Invisible War (sorry to remind you about that one)
I'm sorry, but whilst I respect people's differing opinions on a game, surely calling Invisible War "absolutely terrible" is an exaggeration?I would assume absolutely terrible would be something along the lines of a game being completely broken, or offensive in some way, which Invisible War was neither.

As for Deus Ex The Fall, I'm definitely interested if they can port it well and charge a reasonable price for it.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
This will be good news if the port is of good quality (Human Revolution was a very good port so fingers crossed). If it as short as people say it is it will be a steam sale special for me.