Report: Dishonored 2 Will Surface at Gamescom, 2014

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Happyninja42 said:
RealRT said:
First of all, it wasn't a reboot, it was a prequel.
True, I used the term reboot very loosely there to just mean "a revitalizing of the franchise". I am aware of the chronological aspect of the game. I'm replaying right now on steam actually xD

RealRT said:
Second - well, any of them.
Why, the gameplay of course. The combination of RPG, combat and stealth - Thief, at least the old one, didn't have RPG elements and combat was a poor option, whereas it was a legitimate approach in Deus Ex. You get a variety of tools to dispose of your enemies in a variety of ways and you can upgrade your abilities by getting runes, which, akin to upgrade canisters and PRAXIS kits of Deus Ex can be either found on levels or got by doing quests. It may look like Thief - but it plays like Deus Ex.
Fair enough. I wasn't really considering the mechanics much quite honestly. To me it's more about the mood and atmosphere of the setting than the guts of how I go about playing the game. But I see what you mean in that regard. Still feels more like Thief to me personally though xD

I do agree that DX:HR was/is an awesome game.
The original is also more than worth a play, if the graphics of 2000 don't scare you (and of course they don't, since you played Thief and all).
I didn't play Thief that much - I've got the old trilogy on my backburner.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I really hope this is not just a rumour.

I loved the first Dishonored and I can't wait for the sequel. It will be most likely in 2015.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I hope it's not just a rumour. Dishonoured was a good game and I'd be happy to see them fix some of the issues with the first one like the bland characters and the morale choice system. Well just get rid of the morale choice system anyway. Both of them just made me prefer the other big stealth game of late 2012 (Hitman: Absolution).

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
A grain of salt? More like a bag of salt. A mountain of salt. The entire salt factory. The sum of all of Earth's sodium and chlorine atoms, representing the maximum amount of potential salt on the planet. That's the amount of salt that should be taken with this obvious (and repeated) hoax. For those who haven't read the other "rumors", here's what has happened so far:

Darkness of Tyvia "brochure" leaks with fake reveal date of E3 2014.
Additional "fact sheet" leaks, which includes a major typo. Then suddenly, the corrected fact sheet appears. Because apparently companies create fact sheets and brochures to pass around about their top secret game reveals. Then, when it's pointed out that they screwed up some spelling, they create another version and the same leaker just so happens to get their hands on that, too.

And keep in mind that E3 was listed as the reveal date, which obviously did not happen.

But far from undaunted, this same hoaxer continues making bogus media and his persistence is rewarded with even more news coverage, which will encourage even more of this behavior in the future.

In short: Come on, guys. Come on.