Report: Han Solo Will Have a "Gigantic" Role in Episode VII

BillDaCatt

Aug 5, 2009
pilouuuu said:
Because they are one of the few characters who appeared in all the movies. And they're droids, so they can last for many, many years. If you had some droids who had many adventures with you, wouldn't you like to keep them instead of buying new ones?

I just expect Jar-Jar to be alive and old in this movie and get killed in the first minutes by some light saber slashing or something.
I understand being sentimental about them, but I think if we lived in that world, droids would be very much like a home computer or a game console. We feel nostalgic for the memories we formed with them, but we don't use them for decades. In most cases they last for about five or six years and are replaced when the new models come out. We sell the old ones, put them in storage, or put them in a museum.

In Star Wars, they keep taking them out on adventures. New models exist. We see them as support droids all over the place.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Riff Moonraker said:
havoc33 said:
This is terrible news. I never wanted the original cast in it to begin with, as it can only be a disappointment, and now that I hear they will feature in prominent roles, I'm quite convinced this movie will be underwhelming, if not utterly disappointing.
I think you are definitely a VERY small minority on this. I couldnt be happier! Luke, Leia, and Han have been a big part of my life since I first watched Star Wars waaaay back on May 25th, 1977, and the fact that they will have such a big role in this movie has me beyond happy.
But they already had the perfect send off in Return of the Jedi? Now they are old and tired, bringing them back can be nothing but an anticlimax. The last Indiana Jones movie is the perfect example of how it doesn't work. I understand that they are doing it because of fan service, but the movie will suffer for it in the end IMO. It would have been so much better to sort of start off fresh and just have them talk about the events that happened in the previous movies.