Report: PewDiePie YouTube Series Cancelled Due to Anti-Semitic Posts

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Strazdas said:
Stormfront boosted my blog once. i spent weeks trying to get rid of them afterwards. Apperently im a nazi now as well?
You love being purposefully obtuse. You actually made a conceited effort to disassociate yourself from Stormfront the moment you found out they boosted you. (I'm not gonna bother asking what the subject was to even warrant their attention.)
PewDiePie did absolutely nothing about it.

Secondly I didn't SAY that being on Stormfront made you a Nazi, Skin head. What I did say was that PDP being heavily promoted on there and doing nothing about it sent a lot of red flags to a lot of non gaming sites like WSJ and Times that PDP may very well be Nazi and SkinHead friendly since he seems more upset that the media is 'slandering' him on shit he's done on Camera for millions to see than racist Nazis boosting his channel under the payroll of Disney and YouTube/Google.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Chewster said:
Anyone else find that to be a half-hearted apology? I mean, sure he said he's sorry but then he spent half the video telling the Wall Street Journal and other old media "come at me bro," using his charity donations as a shield and then "apologizing" by saying he's a rookie comedian. Dude, you've been making videos for six years and maybe it's because you seem to have rabid fans to whom you can do no wrong, but haven't you learned anything about comedy in that time? You're a fucking 27-year-old man with 53 million Goddamn subscribers. You are the media, homeboy. Just apologize and move on, stop making excuses for yourself.

I know he's doing this all on his own or whatever, but he really ought to hire a bloody publicist or something because that video was cringy as fuck.
Yes, it does. Honestly, I am more tired of this halfhearted attitude of "I apologize if I offended you, but it is your fault if you get offended", than of all the accusations of whitewashing on the Internet. Man, if you want to apologize just do it and get on with your life, learn from your mistakes, don't try to guilt trip me into giving you the reason.

Jamcie Kerbizz

Feb 27, 2013
Dragonbums said:
Strazdas said:
What I did say was that PDP being heavily promoted on there and doing nothing about it sent a lot of red flags to a lot of non gaming sites like WSJ and Times that PDP may very well be Nazi and SkinHead friendly since he seems more upset that the media is 'slandering' him on shit he's done on Camera for millions to see than racist Nazis boosting his channel under the payroll of Disney and YouTube/Google.
Could You and other stop giving nazis attention they don't deserve and let them fall back into obscurity?

Another thing is purposely changing order in chain of events (nazis started their trolling not after jokes were made but after media started their smear campaign, framing comedian as nazi and anti-semite by taking some of the jokes he made out of context).

Please also don't allude something that is literally not possible. Obscure nazi page has as much capacity of boosting 50 million subs Youtuber as a random turd sticking to an oil tanker has capacity to help keep it alfoat.
Actually best PDPs reaction here, were to never even aknowledge their existence. That's to not, even for a moment, divert focus of his audience towards the nazi web page. Seriously think who is boosting whom in this whole situation - if you can't figure it out - it's TSWJ failed attempt to boost themselves at the expense of PDP which ended up TSWJ boosting nazi web page (which btw promptly mocked and abused situation yet again by turning their page into #1 fan site of TWSJ...).

As someone from Europe and part of it where WWII consequences are still very much vivid it's unthinkable to me how easily US public opinion is mislead by money & power crazed press. Media smear campaign which ends up promoting nazi web page, appropriating nazism by fabricating false accusation of nazism targeted at comedian and perpetrators of it all don't give 2 f*&Wcks about it and aren't held responsible by law in slightest.

I do enjoy thou the fact worldwide and in terms of YT community TSWJ faces backlash for this swindle.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Jamcie Kerbizz said:
Could You and other stop giving nazis attention they don't deserve and let them fall back into obscurity?
Your telling me this? How am I the one giving them attention but the guy with a platform of millions of followers wearing #MAGA hats and quoting 'Kill all Jews' to the point where they took notice of him not giving Nazis and White Supremacists a platform and attention?

Another thing is purposely changing order in chain of events (nazis started their trolling not after jokes were made but after media started their smear campaign, framing comedian as nazi and anti-semite by taking some of the jokes he made out of context).
How is this trolling? If anything that gives MSM even MORE evidence of their wrong conclusion. That comes off a lot more as colluding with media to further ruin the guy than taking down MSM a notch.

Further more there was hardly any context after the fact. He basically said 'Kill all Jews' that's where the joke began and ended. Nothing more to it than that. Unless you also find the prospect of exploiting low income people on Fiverr to write 'Kill All Jews' because they said they would write ANYTHING for $5 funny as well.

Please also don't allude something that is literally not possible. Obscure nazi page has as much capacity of boosting 50 million subs Youtuber as a random turd sticking to an oil tanker has capacity to help keep it alfoat.
You act like just because Storm Front has relatively low traffic means that nobody knows about them. That's very false. Everyone knows about Storm Front. Especially MSM. And it doesn't matter how small the site is in comparison to other websites. It's one of the largest site hubs for White Nationalist Nazi skinheads and if your recent actions has resulted in them promoting you trolling or not that's bad news. Especially if you are as big as PDP and also attached to fucking Disney.

Seriously think who is boosting whom in this whole situation - if you can't figure it out - it's TSWJ failed attempt to boost themselves at the expense of PDP which ended up TSWJ boosting nazi web page (which btw promptly mocked and abused situation yet again by turning their page into #1 fan site of TWSJ...).
Give me a break with this. The Wall Street journal doesn't need any 'boosts'. They are as close to dying as Disney is to going bankrupt. The only reason PDP was worth reporting for them is because he was the biggest Youtuber working under DISNEY and he got dropped like a sinking stone. His ties to that company is what gave him any semblance of MSM attention.

As someone from Europe and part of it where WWII consequences are still very much vivid it's unthinkable to me how easily US public opinion is mislead by money & power crazed press.
Media smear campaign which ends up promoting nazi web page, appropriating nazism by fabricating false accusation of nazism targeted at comedian and perpetrators of it all don't give 2 f*&Wcks about it and aren't held responsible by law in slightest.
So how was the public mislead exactly? Did PDP not make a series of videos making Anti-Semite jokes? Did they not happen? Were those all fabrications? Fake videos done by a PDP clone? True intent doesn't really matter in this case. He made the videos, it was reported in most of the context and now it's 'wrong' because PDP was just '''trolling'''. That's not how it works. Own up to the consequences of your actions and eat the bullet. You can't cry smear campaign when your stupid ass drenched yourself in the oil to fan the flames.

I do enjoy thou the fact worldwide and in terms of YT community TSWJ faces backlash for this swindle.
They are enjoying as much backlash as the average controversy article gets. And since it's also gamers it's a storm in a teacup more than anything. This isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Gamer temper tantrums are no big deal.

Jamcie Kerbizz

Feb 27, 2013
Dragonbums said:
Your telling me this? How am I the one giving them attention but the guy with a platform of millions of followers wearing #MAGA hats and quoting 'Kill all Jews' to the point where they took notice of him not giving Nazis and White Supremacists a platform and attention?
Since when European wearing make america great again hat constitutes supporting nazis? Do you even understand who nazis were and what they did in Europe? The other thing is just repeating exact false accusation taken out of context by TWSJ. PDP did not do that. He tried to make fiver guys hold this horrid message and say 'subscribe to keemstar' as a joke. They did it, he posted reaction video end of a joke. Was that a dumb joke? Yes. Was it funny? To people that like meme and YT drama sense of humor, yes. Was it spreading hate and supporting nazi, no.

Dragonbums said:
How is this trolling? If anything that gives MSM even MORE evidence of their wrong conclusion. That comes off a lot more as colluding with media to further ruin the guy than taking down MSM a notch.

Further more there was hardly any context after the fact. He basically said 'Kill all Jews' that's where the joke began and ended. Nothing more to it than that. Unless you also find the prospect of exploiting low income people on Fiverr to write 'Kill All Jews' because they said they would write ANYTHING for $5 funny as well.
Trolling is basically making another party react the way you want them. Usually with outrage. Unfortunately here, they also went for spot light of media and... they got it.
Again you just repeat blatant lie in 2nd part.

Dragonbums said:
You act like just because (...) has relatively low traffic means that nobody knows about them. That's very false. Everyone knows about (...). Especially MSM. And it doesn't matter how small the site is in comparison to other websites. It's one of the largest site hubs for White Nationalist Nazi skinheads and if your recent actions has resulted in them promoting you trolling or not that's bad news. Especially if you are as big as PDP and also attached to fucking Disney.
Boosting are actions which give smaller internet entity a go at popularity (and clicks and views) of larger one and its usual audience. It's TWSJ that boosted nazi web site not PDP. Either way I claimed and can repeat that it's by definition irrational to claim that obscure nazi page 'boosted' largest youtuber...

Dragonbums said:
Give me a break with this. The Wall Street journal doesn't need any 'boosts'. They are as close to dying as Disney is to going bankrupt. The only reason PDP was worth reporting for them is because he was the biggest Youtuber working under DISNEY and he got dropped like a sinking stone. His ties to that company is what gave him any semblance of MSM attention.
Don't be naive, boosting (successful) is always worth it. It's sheer money with hardly any effort. Only people hating it are media planners because they are basically screwed over by publishers. PDP has double the audience of TWSJ and on avg. 10 times larger view counts of his videos. It was a juicy whale to hunt for and pretty despicable atempt on its own. Usually boosting is agreed on beforehead by both publishers. Sharking another one's audience is always seen as hostile action.

Dragonbums said:
So how was the public mislead exactly? Did PDP not make a series of videos making Anti-Semite jokes? Did they not happen? Were those all fabrications? Fake videos done by a PDP clone?
Correct none of these videos and jokes in them were anti-semitic. They were poor taste, I don't find them funny but they were not hateful towards jews... which btw is the meaning of anti-semitic.

Dragonbums said:
True intent doesn't really matter in this case.
No, it always matters in real life. Even murder is determined and classified by intent. It's especially important in comedy.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Dragonbums said:
Strazdas said:
Stormfront boosted my blog once. i spent weeks trying to get rid of them afterwards. Apperently im a nazi now as well?
You love being purposefully obtuse. You actually made a conceited effort to disassociate yourself from Stormfront the moment you found out they boosted you. (I'm not gonna bother asking what the subject was to even warrant their attention.)
PewDiePie did absolutely nothing about it.

Secondly I didn't SAY that being on Stormfront made you a Nazi, Skin head. What I did say was that PDP being heavily promoted on there and doing nothing about it sent a lot of red flags to a lot of non gaming sites like WSJ and Times that PDP may very well be Nazi and SkinHead friendly since he seems more upset that the media is 'slandering' him on shit he's done on Camera for millions to see than racist Nazis boosting his channel under the payroll of Disney and YouTube/Google.
What do you think constitutes conceited effort to dissasociate yourself from them? Why should we even make any effort for something completely outside of our control anyway? We didnt endorse stormfront or espoused their position, it was them who misinterpreted what both me and PDP said and took it upon themselves to proclaim support. The onus of dissasociation is on them. In fact ignoring these morons would probably be the best way to get rid of them.

PDP spent his time uposet over media slandering him because the media is slandering him and it has literally cost him his job. Stormfront on the other hand is irrelevant website that noone takes seriusly outside a few extremists and is not worth the time of day.

P.S. Not sure why your involving Skinheads here. I know they are often associated with white nationalists but thats hardly relevant here.