Report: Star Wars: Battlefront Will Launch This November

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Dominic Crossman said:
I'm calling it now the special units such as jedi, chewie, boba fett, etc.
Will cost real money to play as every match. Something like £0.59/$0.79 to spawn as XXX.
I wouldn't be surprised, since in BF4 you can buy an unlock to every single weapon there is.

Mar 30, 2010
Press X to stab Womp Rat

*shudder*

Fingers crossed this isn't just Battlefield with a Star Wars texture pack, because I'm really looking forward to this.

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
This is EA, you all know what kind of "games" they release and what sort of shit each and every one includes.

Why bother getting your hopes up? It's even made by DICE, so better just remove this from your memory if you're looking for anything but a battlefield reskin

Although, granted, i'm not sure whose bright idea it was to hand Battlefront 3 to these buttmonkeys

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
MrPeanut said:
Although, granted, i'm not sure whose bright idea it was to hand Battlefront 3 to these buttmonkeys
Subtle hint, they are the only developer EA has that has made a truly successful FPS this decade. In fact the only other two FPS games EA has released in the last ten years that sold over five million were Medal of Honor 2010 and Crysis, everything else has been a middling success or a total disaster.

I'm not holding much hope for this, EA are firing it at the traditional 'must match Call of Duty' release date and it's a DICE game. Ever since Codename Eagle DICE and release periods have mixed very poorly.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Screw game footage and release dates, I wanna know how much micro payments and DLC EA has put in it.
Mark my words, this'll be a mix of COD:Ghosts and Dungeon Keeper mobile.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Silentpony said:
Screw game footage and release dates, I wanna know how much micro payments and DLC EA has put in it.
DLC? At least five or six DLC packs full of maps, weapons, and skins. Microtransactions? I don't know, but probably paid unlocks.

Sep 14, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
dangoball said:
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:
to not include a third person mode.
Wut? No 3rd person? I haven't been following the news at all so I have no idea what's going to be in the game and what's not. Is that a fact? Please tell me that's not a fact.
Not a fact no, but a highly supported guess. DICE has never made a non-FPS game before. In all the interviews and articles I have read, the call both the new game and the old Battlefronts FPS games, even though third person was default. A DICE dev even said that Battlefront will be a "revolutionary FPS".They claim there will be "third person elements", though that could easily be just a third person mode for vehicles, or similar to what they have in Destiny, or just for the Heroes and Villains.

Here's hoping though, I love seeing sexy stormtrooper armor in 3rd person.
fuck, looks like I'm not getting this game at all now, at least until someone on PC has modded in third person mode as the default. I couldn't give two flying fucks to play another battlefield reskin, give me my god damn battlefront bitches.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Are people really excited about this? It's another DICE game and an EA multilayer title. That means it's not going to live up to 10% of the hype.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
gmaverick019 said:
Bob_McMillan said:
dangoball said:
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:
to not include a third person mode.
Wut? No 3rd person? I haven't been following the news at all so I have no idea what's going to be in the game and what's not. Is that a fact? Please tell me that's not a fact.
Not a fact no, but a highly supported guess. DICE has never made a non-FPS game before. In all the interviews and articles I have read, the call both the new game and the old Battlefronts FPS games, even though third person was default. A DICE dev even said that Battlefront will be a "revolutionary FPS".They claim there will be "third person elements", though that could easily be just a third person mode for vehicles, or similar to what they have in Destiny, or just for the Heroes and Villains.

Here's hoping though, I love seeing sexy stormtrooper armor in 3rd person.
fuck, looks like I'm not getting this game at all now, at least until someone on PC has modded in third person mode as the default. I couldn't give two flying fucks to play another battlefield reskin, give me my god damn battlefront bitches.
Eh, good luck to those modders working with the Frostbite engine. Even the devs cant use it right.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Adam Jensen said:
Are people really excited about this? It's another DICE game and an EA multilayer title. That means it's not going to live up to 10% of the hype.
ITS BEEN 10 YEARS MAN!

Even if it was a literally BF4 with Star Wars skins I would still buy it. I can't not be excited for this, as much as I am apprehensive with the direction DICE has taken.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Have requirements been released for this? Man I really hope my machine can run this...

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Do we have any game play footage at all yet? Because that worries me if we don't.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ahhhhh the Escapist community, always expecting the worst.

I for one have faith in dice. Battlefront was pretty much a 3rd person battlefield anyway. I really can't see there being micro transactions in this, and if there is, it'll be cosmetic stuff.

I can almost garauntee Disney have them on a very tight leash as well. EA and dice may have the rights to make them game but its disney that owns it, they will have final say on what happens.... or I assume they will.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
P-89 Scorpion said:
Aerosteam said:
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
Because Battlefront 2 came out 10 years ago and to anyone under 20 that name is irrelevant.
My cousins (Oldest one is 15 now... damn, last I remembered, he was 8!) disagree. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is their favorite game... and they were really disappointed when our Xbox 360 stopped being able to play it (And were glad that it's one of the games the 360's backward-compatible with.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
chozo_hybrid said:
Do we have any game play footage at all yet? Because that worries me if we don't.
They're gonna stream gameplay/release a trailer in about 4 hours

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Dominic Crossman said:
Will cost real money to play as every match. Something like £0.59/$0.79 to spawn as XXX.
I don't think they would go that far...

Yet.

My prediction is that the best characters and guns are hidden behind grind walls, with a pay for instant access option, and of course the EA multiplayer staple of randomised supply drop packs bought with in-game grind currency or real money (filled with useless consumables and a few op quality items)

Also the 'base' game will have a very limited map loadout and the most coveted map locations, weapons, and characters will be kept for the DLC that will start pouring out every 2 months after release to fill the gaps (each one costing a quarter the price of the 'base' game despite having barely any content.)

FURY_007

Jun 8, 2008
Eve
Hero in a half shell said:
Dominic Crossman said:
I don't think they would go that far...

Yet.

My prediction is that the best characters and guns are hidden behind grind walls, with a pay for instant access option, and of course the EA multiplayer staple of randomised supply drop packs bought with in-game grind currency or real money (filled with useless consumables and a few op quality items)

Also the 'base' game will have a very limited map loadout and the most coveted map locations, weapons, and characters will be kept for the DLC that will start pouring out every 2 months after release to fill the gaps (each one costing a quarter the price of the 'base' game despite having barely any content.)
At that point if the start putting in alternate guns, and other crap like that, it's not going to be Battlefront. If you killed enough people in 2 you could get upgraded weapons briefly, but there were no alternates. They better keep it class-centric, cause in Battlefield the game got shitty once they allowed different classes to get different guns.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
ITS BEEN 10 YEARS MAN!
That's the same rationale I heard back when SimCity 2013 was announced.

EA knows about the rabid demand for a new Battlefront; they have for the better part of those 10 years.
And you can bet they will aim to cash in on all of it as maliciously as they can, just like they have every other "old" franchise they've revived in recent years.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Atmos Duality said:
Bob_McMillan said:
ITS BEEN 10 YEARS MAN!
That's the same rationale I heard back when SimCity 2013 was announced.

EA knows about the rabid demand for a new Battlefront; they have for the better part of those 10 years.
And you can bet they will aim to cash in on all of it as maliciously as they can, just like they have every other "old" franchise they've revived in recent years.
I know...

But a man can hope.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Bob_McMillan said:
Silentpony said:
DLC? At least five or six DLC packs full of maps, weapons, and skins. Microtransactions? I don't know, but probably paid unlocks.
I'm banking on something like the ME3 multiplayer, with consumables that gives you one-match boosts. Extra armor, more ammo, bonus abilities, cooldown time reduction, shit like that.
And of course different lightsaber hilts and colors will be sold separately.

Captcha: End of story. See, this guy gets it.