Report: The Last Guardian Will Finally Be Shown at E3 This Year

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Dead Metal said:
Why the comparison to Half Life 3? The Last Guardian has at least been officially announced as being actually made, we even have footage and screenshots. Half Life 3 doesn't even have that, it's just a meme people splurt out because they wish Valve would make it. Kinda like people have been talking about a return of Crash Bandicoot as a Playstation mascot to the PS4.

As for if we'll get something at E3, not getting my hopes up.
This is something I've been wondering, too. I'd say, if anything, the Last Guardian should be getting Duke Nukem jokes at this point.

Though I remain curious regardless... though more on the meh side of curious than anything else.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
You know what... I don't care anymore.

I can't take seriously some developer that took a (fairly long) generation delivering nothing but promises and promotional material without any gameplay. At this point, Sony should be so ashamed of the game production, that they shouldn't mention it during the conference, even if they have it.

I agree with other people here. I shall believe that game is real once I hold a copy of the disc in my own hands.

ash12181987

Nov 9, 2010
Well, hopefully they follow through this time.

Team Ico has done some truly amazing stuff. Some small part of me hopes, that they will deliver this, and it be the best thing ever... It's a tiny part of me, the part that hides in the cabin in the back of my mind, to avoid being eaten by the godzilla-like giant my cynicism has become.

Dead Metal

Feb 7, 2010
FillerDmon said:
Dead Metal said:
Why the comparison to Half Life 3? The Last Guardian has at least been officially announced as being actually made, we even have footage and screenshots. Half Life 3 doesn't even have that, it's just a meme people splurt out because they wish Valve would make it. Kinda like people have been talking about a return of Crash Bandicoot as a Playstation mascot to the PS4.

As for if we'll get something at E3, not getting my hopes up.
This is something I've been wondering, too. I'd say, if anything, the Last Guardian should be getting Duke Nukem jokes at this point.

Though I remain curious regardless... though more on the meh side of curious than anything else.
Exactly, Duke Nukem makes more sense in this context.
Oh god, now I want that big bird dog thing to say "I've got balls of steel".

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
gigastar said:
mysecondlife said:
I remember last year that Uncharted 4 got a lot of crap for not being The Last Guardian.

If the rumor is false, I wonder what will be the lucky game to take Uncharted 4's place this year?
My moneys on a new InFamous or a new Sly Cooper.
I would jump up and down for new Sly Cooper

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Considering it has been so long in development, any of the people that still actually care about it are going to have to end up forking over a hell of a lot more cash to play it than they originally planned on. Assuming that its on PS4 and they haven't gotten one yet, of course.

It could actually still be released on the system it was originally announced for too, but it kinda amuses me whenever a game gets held back so long it passes into a new console generation.

The only other example I can think of that wasn't also released on PC would be Black Sigil. That game started out on GBA and eventually came out on DS. Sadly it didn't cook a little longer so it could have come out on DSi or 3DS, maybe then the terrible glitches could actually have been patched. I can't think of another game that rewards you after a side quest with an ultimate skill that literally DOES NOT WORK. It cannot be used, ever.

It would be like getting the Gold Rock in Chrono Trigger and never being able to use the Triple Tech from it. How does something like that even pass QA? Say what you will about Bethesda, but at least when I get 100 in destruction I can actually use the spells I buy.