Repost your first Escapist post!

Jun 7, 2010
In a thread titled "that special game":

Secret world leader (shhh) said:
brutal legend.

I can just drive around for hours and lose myself in the soundtrack and i could play through the story a hundred times over and still not get bored.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Damn, this is going back almost four years:

MercurySteam said:
I wont lie
All my games except Fable and GTA SA are downloaded
Ya happy now?
Heh, if you had told me back then that I would eventually end up with a $2000 gaming rig and over 40 Xbox 360 games then I would have called the cops complaining of a crazy person on my doorstep. I don't download games anymore. More hassle than it's worth.

Fawful

Dec 7, 2010
Fawful said:
Only if it was done by the guys who made "Homecoming" for Halo Legends.
It was on a thread about the possibility of a Halo movie that had only 4 replies. Mine's quite boring compared to some other peoples.

Drenaje1

Aug 6, 2011
Drenaje1 said:
Ah, always nice to meet another delightfully insane bastard. Thanks, OP. If I wasn't busy weaving underpants from the ear hair of elephants I might send you a Zdhdur of approval. Anyway, you must have consumed a great many souls in your indefinite lifespan, and I was wondering, which souls are the most filling? Personally, I'm partial to the souls of orphans.

Well...yeah...uh, yeah. What a proud moment for me.

It was some thread where you asked a guy a question, any question at all, and he would give an answer.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
In 2009 there was a thread entitled "Hating Mainstream and You!" My first post ever was in this thread:

Flames66 said:
I personally like Halo, however 2 and 3 i think over did it and were poor because of it. Also you need vista to play halo 2 on the pc and halo 3 is only for 360 so I can only play them at friend?s houses.

In response to mainstream in general I don't really care what other people think about most things, if i like something then I?ll do it, if not I wont.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Well, my first post culminated in my just editing it out completely because I'm dumb, so I don't remember exactly what it was. Here's my 2nd post ever though:
KefkaCultist said:
I never picked up WaW because Nazi Zombies was the only thing everyone even said about that game. If Black Ops has a Nazi Zombie variant (Commie Zombies hopefully) and a notable SP and/or MP experience I may pick it up, but I'm pretty sure it'll be just like WaW where the people, for the most part, only care about the game within it.
The thread was about whether BlOps was gonna have Nazi Zombies or not.

I never did end up getting BlOps or WaW. Unfortunately I shelled out $60 for MW3 though.

Steeveeo

Sep 2, 2008
Steeveeo said:
Infinity: Quest for Earth (Info [http://www.infinity-universe.com/])

Best: It becomes literally the biggest Space Sim game ever (and probably wont be surpassed in size), the community goes into the scale of World of Warcraft, and it is the best space sim since Freelancer in terms of gameplay.

Worst: Its Starport: GE in full 3D...
From "Upcoming games. Best/worst thing that could happen." [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.70291-Upcoming-games-Best-worst-thing-that-could-happen#comment_form]

Even after YEARS in pre-alpha, I'm still excited for Infinity: QFE to this day. Needless to say, I am still bitter at how disappointing Starport: Galactic Empires was.

Also, I just realized something. What if someone posts here as their first post on these forums? Will they cause some giant infinite recursion of self-quotes that black-holes the thread? I'd like to think so.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Lil_Rimmy said:
Well, I think it would be fucking awesome. I have played both Morrowind and Oblivion and I was always stuck thinking "Damnit, why can't my mate and I go stomp on some bandits face?"

See, I got as many companion mods as I could, but the AI is just retarded. I swear I have now spent more time trying to get the Co-Op to work then I have playing the fucking game.

The only mod I ever found with co-op involved me pissing around with some really unfriendly codes to start a server before connecting with a client and playing. And you know what?

It was buggy as shit.

We could only stay outside because right before the maker stopped giving a shit he said that you can only stay outside right now but here's a guide on how to load the insides so you don't have to live in a cardboard box until I fix up the mod so you don't have to. You know what the guide said? Under Progress....

Wow, I have raged for a while and still haven't talked about the co-op. I think that with the right amount of work it would be perfect. You COULD have 64 player co-op like in ArmA 2 but if there are 64 players then there are 1000000000 monsters. Or split screen co-op, but the more players the harder it gets. Simple. Some people talk about the levelling but co-op stands for COOPERATIVE. As in, work TOGETHER to stomp on a goblins face. So who cares about the levelling? A monster is too hard for you? That's why your level 89 buddy is there.

See, the reason I think co-op would be better is because it would open up so many new things. For example, even in my archer class I still had a sword. Why? Because almost all enemies are melee and will charge you. With co-op, however, the archer could make extra wooden limbs appear on enemies, the warrior will hold the enemies off so that the archer doesn't get his buttocks carved into tiny bits. Same with the mages. Half the reason I don't fast travel is because I will find new things if I don't. Because if you don't know its there, you might not stomp on it. See, now I fast travel just because there's nothing new to do.

Co-op could change that, for example you could use your saved character, join a co-op, be plonked into the world. It could be a completely co-op world. So once you out-play the single-player, take your archer into a game and play co-op! The quests could be designed for co-op, like your group goes and attacks a camp. And the world should be random. For example, every hour or whatever make new camps appear, old ones disappear, cities come under attack ect ect.
Then you won't end up with the same world that you now have clocked in both single-player and co-op AND new and exicting things would happen all the time. You might walk past a town. What's all that screaming? Better go have a look. OH BUGGER, an Oblivion Gate just opened onto of my favourite bar! Screw you deamons, I WANT MY ALE! (place epic music, then charge through the gate, close it, and get a well earned glass of ale stalwart hero of the bar.)
It might sound like an MMO but it would be good because it wouldn't end up as your same MMO grind unless you actually wanted to. And if you did, then you probably aren't human.

Play Co-Op,
Rimmy

Holy crap.

That was a big post.

My favourite line was "Screw you deamons, I WANT MY ALE! (place epic music, then charge through the gate, close it, and get a well earned glass of ale stalwart hero of the bar.)"

My first and (I think) only warning was in that thread. I was very passionate about Co-Op in Skyrim. And now I am going to go re-read all my posts.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Bvenged said:
No... THE BEST way to stop playing WoW is to cancel the automated payment the game does, thus when Blizzard stop recieving your money, they block your account.

In truth I had to stop playing WoW (after 3 years) because I couldn't afford it anymore. But after that, when I could afford it, I just ignored the crazy moments where I'd just want to play it again.

Simple really.

Although I also played Guild Wars as a backup for a month or so to ease the transition, plus it's free. and when I realised it wasn't as good as WoW I stopped playing that as well.

Now as replacements I spend my time teaching myself Guitar and playing my Xbox 360.

:D

[4th sep '09, 20:27]
I still stand by that.

Oh, and cool feature I found on the escapist just recently; if you click on a persons name in a quote, it takes you back to their OP. So if you click my name up top, you'll go to my post on the original thread!
But I'm probably just behind on the times...

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Creator002 said:
People always call me a Nazi because I speak to myself (and have every electronic thing I own) in German. I live in Australia, so you can guess my country's native language.
This was about commonly being called something you're not. I don't get this accusation much anymore. Seems that my area has either become used to me or has grown out of the "all Germans are Nazis" phase.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Reet72 said:
Well... the first one was awesome, the second one was even more awsome so by the same token the third should be even more awesome than the first! I mean, sure it doesn't always work out like that but regardless I will be buying this if it ever sees the light of day. I personally think swb2 was just about the best star wars game ever (with the possible exception of KOTOR)

and yes, I am a fanboy. but only a little.
*sigh*
I don't know who I was kidding, Battlefront 3 is never going to be made.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I would but apparently it's not there anymore.

The post had to do with MMA, and how Dana White once mentioned that he would like to sell PPV's in theatres.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
AstylahAthrys said:
I have once. My disc for Oblivion PC got ravaged by my 4-year-old niece going through my room. I didn't want to buy the whole set of discs again so I downloaded the first disc so I could
still play it.
On if you can torrent games you already own.

Oh, and for the record, I ended up buying another copy eventually, bringing my total copies of Oblivion to 3. Even though I bought the PC version and having the .ISO was so convenient, I felt so dirty for not running it properly. That and the 5th anniversary edition was sexy.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
From the "Games you have a special connection with" thread:
Antitonic said:
Alex Kidd - I remember thinking I must be all kinds of awesome for finding it inbuilt into the Master System.

Dead Rising - I had just quit my job, and was feeling depressed. Random zombie killing is the best cure for depression. It's also the game that made me buy a 360.
I personally feel my second post is much better, from the "Emerging trend of tv/movie actors providing faces for NPCs - Good? Bad? Why?" thread:
Antitonic said:
WestMountain said:
I like this trend, how else would I be able to have sex with Yvonne Strahovski? :p
Download a government computer into your head?
References are fun.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
TomLikesGuitar said:
As someone who has played almost all of the games so far (except heart and soul) and who was a fan at the very beginning, I cannot agree that the games have gotten better. Put it this way, Halo 1 was the best of the series, and was an awesome game. The other ones didn't have that WOW factor because they were more of the same. Pokemon is the epitome of that problem. Pokemon has not changed the basic formula in over 15 games. That's screwed up. It is very possible to make a Pokemon game where you play a trainer who doesn't have to go to 8 different gyms, but they are too scared to change now.

There's a million other reasons why the first two games are better. First and foremost, BALANCE. Sure the kids all scream when there's a hundred new stupid creatures, but that takes some of the best old creatures and makes them lame. I actually stopped catching Pokemon in the new ones because it got to be pointless. The phrase "Gotta Catch Em All" actually meant something when I was little; I wanted all of the Pokemon in my pokedex. If you had Red, you only needed one friend with Blue and you could have a full pokedex. The allure of potentially having a 100 percent complete game made me continue to play. I played in tournaments where we all had full pokedex's and legit raised 100's who were maxed out in stats and that was incredible to see. The strategy involved was awesome, and back then we were all just kids.

Now the game has barely changed, and the additions are all so minute and useless, that it is not fun. Oh wow, my Pokemon can be happy. That's dumb. Oh wow, it affects the game. That's insanely stupid. Oh wow, I can GIVE MY POKEMON HAIRCUTS?!?!? That speaks for itself. The berries are a waste of time. The extra Pokeball's aren't worth the effort...

All I want is a Pokemon game, preferably in 3D, where you're Dad is missing or something. Then your brother/mom gets kidnapped. Then you go and fight bad guys the whole time with your Pokemon and do SOMETHING other than gyms. (Oh and at the end the leader of the bad guys is your dad, like Giovanni should have been.)

Yeah...
First post, unedited whatsoever.

Pretty sad that my first post is about pokemon...

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
There was a poll regarding people's favourite FFVII-character, and someone had asked the question "what, no Yuffie?" (as she wasn't on the poll), to which I responded:
Absimilliard said:
No. No Yuffie. Ever.
I'm not a fan of Yuffie...

Aug 1, 2010
In the "Ice-T says he doesn't like Medal of Honor" thread:
MrDeckard said:
I'm sorry, but I have a hard time taking someone seriously when they once did this:
[image/]http://24hourstomidnight.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/tank-girl-ice-t1.jpg[/IMG]
I must say, I'm quite proud of that one...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
DanielBrown said:
I'd be an Indian gypsy or a Swedish farmer on my mothers side. Don't know much about my father, but his ancestry was Belgian.
Some thread about who we'd be if we entered the Animus. :>