Republic Commando- A good idea?

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
I have a vague recollection of playing Republic Commando and I think it was fun, but I can't be too sure. Is it a good idea to get it? Because I'd rather not waste money again on a game I either can't play (due to backwards compatibility issues) or because it's a lump of crap.

So, a yes or a no? (I'm also picking up a copy of KotoR with it)

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
It's pretty short, I'd give it a rental. That game seriously needs a sequel though, there's a massive cliff hanger on the end.

And make sure you get KOTOR! That's one of my favorite games in the history of ever.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Yea it wasnt bad, one of the better spin offs in my opinion.

for Vista and 7 (not sure on xp) you need to turn off "Bump Mapping" for it to work correctly though, other than that works fine!

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I liked it but it had alot of sticky spots. And if i remember right, you never learn what happens to sev.(Am i remembering that right?)

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
I liked it but it had alot of sticky spots. And if i remember right, you never learn what happens to sev.(Am i remembering that right?)
Actually, he dies, and the rest of the team continue on to become stormtroopers. At least according to Wookiepedia
OT: Take it, it's a great game and there is nothing that feels better than giving your squad the perfect positions to take cover behind and just laying waste to the army that charges you.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I only got halfway through it before I had to leave my friends' house, but I remember it was awesome.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
It's a hell of a fun game. Most definitely get it.

Edit: God damn it, now I wanna play it! Quick, to the Installmobile!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
a fantastic game that was sadly over looked

Sep 14, 2009
probably the funnest squad based game i have ever played, the cliffhanger at the end is ridiculous, where IS THE SECOND COMMANDO?!?!?! otherwise fun game, probably good for a rental, and then kotor...dear god yes, it will make you addicted infintely

Apr 28, 2008
It was actually a really good game.

I remember Kotor 2 came with a demo for it, I played it and was actually impressed. It was really fun.

Psychophante

Nov 9, 2009
I thought it was good fun, if a little short. You have to get KOTOR, one of the best RPG's ever! I mean it, you HAVE to, or you may be punished!

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
AnAngryMoose said:
I have a vague recollection of playing Republic Commando and I think it was fun, but I can't be too sure. Is it a good idea to get it? Because I'd rather not waste money again on a game I either can't play (due to backwards compatibility issues) or because it's a lump of crap.

So, a yes or a no? (I'm also picking up a copy of KotoR with it)
I loved it, right up until the ending

ZEV NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Atleast... I think it was called Zev

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
For your sake get that game! Best SW FPS out there.

I like how it treats each campaign as an extended military operation, with each mission tying into the next.

For example, Kashyyyk starts with you infiltrating a Trando compound to liberate a Wookiee resistance force, and eventually culminates with you entering a full scale assault on Kachirho to bring down a massive battleship.

And you will come to love Scorch and Sev.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
tellmeimaninja said:
I loved it and it's squad mechanics.

Although the ending made me want to punch something.

Essentially, it's either a cliffhanger that is never finished, or my favourite squadmate gets abandoned and killed off.
It's both.

Also, to the people saying it's short, it's not that short, certainly not by today's standards. Besides, all these years later, I'm still playing the campaign again and again.

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
I only rented it. The game had bad multi-player in my opinion.

Though, it had one thing that always interested me. In fact, to this day it remains locked in my heart as something awesome.

Laser visor wipers. Seriously! Bug juice on your face mask and it cleans itself off automatically. It was so entertaining that I would splatter it on purpose.